Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know of contests/drawings to win Opening Day tickets

Does anyone know of contests/drawings to win Opening Day tickets

Just curious. Would love to take my 7 year old son and I've never been to Opening Day.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Does anyone know of contests/drawings to win Opening Day tickets

The Reds usually send out an email lottery around this time of year. Also, if you make a donation to join the Rosie Reds you are eligible to purchase seats; last year, they were view level and required a package purchase with another game, but still cheaper than ticket resale sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    The Reds usually send out an email lottery around this time of year. Also, if you make a donation to join the Rosie Reds you are eligible to purchase seats; last year, they were view level and required a package purchase with another game, but still cheaper than ticket resale sites.
    I 've been doing the Rosie Reds deal for years. Its phenomenal. You join for $30 bucks and will get free tickets to a future game and discounts to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

5. Likes:

Chip R (01-21-2020),cumberlandreds (01-22-2020),Plus Plus (01-21-2020)

I looked at the Rosie Reds page and it wasn't really clear to me. So I can join along with another person for $30. This gives me rights to buy opening game tickets. I also get two free tickets to an upcoming game, right? Does the purchase of the opening game tickets come in a package of multiple games? Are the two free tickets for a specific game? If I need 4 tickets do I merely purchase two memberships? Will all of the free tickets be for the same game with both memberships?

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    I looked at the Rosie Reds page and it wasn't really clear to me. So I can join along with another person for $30. This gives me rights to buy opening game tickets. I also get two free tickets to an upcoming game, right? Does the purchase of the opening game tickets come in a package of multiple games? Are the two free tickets for a specific game? If I need 4 tickets do I merely purchase two memberships? Will all of the free tickets be for the same game with both memberships?
    One Rosie Red Member will be given the opportunity to purchase two View Level Tickets (first come, first serve, seating is LIMITED) for opening day / or opening night if preferred or opening day is filled. This has been done by a mailer in late January in years past.

There is a designated game (varies from year to year) for which is the free ticket game for all Rosie members - you can not choose just any game.

My wife is a Rosie and we did opening day from 2012-14 this way after two years of direct sales ticket packages with the Reds. 5 years straight was enough for us.

Additional games are available for purchase at a discount (past has included various seating in the park) - but I have found that other groups like P&G (where I work) and Cincinnati School teachers get the same games.
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    One Rosie Red Member will be given the opportunity to purchase two View Level Tickets (first come, first serve, seating is LIMITED) for opening day / or opening night if preferred or opening day is filled. This has been done by a mailer in late January in years past.

There is a designated game (varies from year to year) for which is the free ticket game for all Rosie members - you can not choose just any game.

My wife is a Rosie and we did opening day from 2012-14 this way after two years of direct sales ticket packages with the Reds. 5 years straight was enough for us.

Additional games are available for purchase at a discount (past has included various seating in the park) - but I have found that other groups like P&G (where I work) and Cincinnati School teachers get the same games.

Plus Plus is correct - the opening day deal is a ticket package with the Rosies now - I forgot to add that. It was for a time opening day only.
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

9. Likes:

Chip R (01-21-2020)

Thanks for the great info! I am a little over 5 hours away so with the demands of life and travel I can't make it there often. How many games are in the opening day package?

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    Thanks for the great info! I am a little over 5 hours away so with the demands of life and travel I can't make it there often. How many games are in the opening day package?
    Usually two more. Saturday games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

2020 Reds Opening Day Ticket Purchase Opportunity

Register starting Monday, January 27, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (ET) to win the opportunity to purchase tickets to Reds Opening Day.

In a continuing effort to make Opening Day tickets available to as many fans as possible, the Cincinnati Reds are pleased to announce our Opening Day Double Play ticket opportunity. The Opening Day Double Play ticket opportunity includes Opening Day on March 26, and any additional regular season home game, subject to availability. Now through Thursday, February 20, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. ET, fans can register below for an opportunity to purchase up to four (4) Opening Day tickets. You will be required to purchase a matching number of tickets in the same seating category to an additional game. Since there are a limited number of tickets available through this opportunity, applicants must complete and submit the registration form below to participate in this opportunity to purchase Opening Day Double Play tickets. There is no purchase necessary to register and no obligation to purchase Opening Day Double Play tickets if your name is selected.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-27-2020)

I always thought that the Hamilton County Tax Payers should get first dibs on these.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

15. Likes:

North (03-01-2020)

just got the Rosie's package offer today for Opening Day.

1 package is 1 ticket and $100. They do offer up to 2 package purchase by mail or 4 packages online next week. a portion of each package will go to the rosie reds.

seats are view level.

Name:  odpack.png
Views: 375
Size:  203.9 KB
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

17. Likes:

Chip R (01-29-2020)

prices for tickets this level are basically ~$100 each on Stubhub.
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

If anyone wants to buy tickets for opening day, please send a PM.
    Long live punishment

I have four seats together for opening day that my group will not be using, if you are interested please send me a PM. I am not going to upcharge the seats from what was initially paid.
    Long live punishment

I'm bumping this one last time before I put the tickets up on secondary markets - would much prefer to give tickets at cost to a RZ member instead. Please PM if you are interested.
    Long live punishment

Turn Off Ads?