Turn Off Ads?

Thread: RIP, Terry Jones

RIP, Terry Jones

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: RIP, Terry Jones

I refuse to believe it.

It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Dang.

Thank you, Terry. Life of Brian came along at a time in my life when I was drifting away from my religious roots and this movie, strange as it may sound, made me feel better about the direction I was headed. His classic mom role, one of my favorites.

Last edited by SunDeck; 01-25-2020 at 07:10 AM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

We should all clap coconut shells when we walk.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

It's only a flesh wound.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Good article in this week's Portland's "Street Roots". You can read it online once the week is over with: https://news.streetroots.org/?page=2#solr-bean

Gilliam's other films:

Gilliam has directed 13 feature films, including Time Bandits (1981), Brazil (1985), The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1988), The Fisher King (1991), 12 Monkeys (1995), Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), The Brothers Grimm (2005), Tideland (2005), and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009). The only "Python" not born in Britain, he became a naturalised British subject in 1968 and formally renounced his American citizenship in 2006.

Gilliam was born in Minnesota, but spent his high school and college years in Los Angeles. He started his career as an animator and strip cartoonist. He joined Monty Python as the animator of their works, but eventually became a full member and was given acting roles. He became a feature film director in the 1970s. Most of his films explore the theme of imagination and its importance to life, express his opposition to bureaucracy and authoritarianism, and feature characters facing dark or paranoid situations. His own scripts feature black comedy and tragicomedy elements, combined with surprise endings.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

He is deceased, he has kicked the bucket, he has shuffled off this mortal coil, he's pushing up daisies, he is no more...
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

9. Likes:

marcshoe (02-05-2020),SunDeck (02-05-2020)

Turn Off Ads?