Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greene and Lodolo on BA Top 100 List (76&77)

Greene and Lodolo on BA Top 100 List (76&77)

Per CTrent:

Two #Reds prospects on the list -- RHP Hunter Greene (76) & LHP Nick Lodolo (77). 3 players drafted by #Reds OF Taylor Trammell (73), RHP Josiah Gray (84) & IF Jeter Downs (86)
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Greene and Lodolo on BA Top 100 List (76&77)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Per CTrent:

Two #Reds prospects on the list -- RHP Hunter Greene (76) & LHP Nick Lodolo (77). 3 players drafted by #Reds OF Taylor Trammell (73), RHP Josiah Gray (84) & IF Jeter Downs (86)
    What a joke that TT is rated above Lodolo.

4. Likes:

HammerTime (01-23-2020),RedTeamGo! (01-22-2020)

Not a good sign that India in absent, though somewhat redemptive for those of us who were sounding the alarm on him. He really needs to take a big step forward.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

6. Likes:

M2 (01-22-2020),TRF (01-24-2020)

The two prospects in the top 100 (in the back half, no less) is pretty telling on the state of the farm. It ain't a deep system either. It's bleak down there.

8. Likes:

corkedbat (01-22-2020),kpresidente (01-23-2020),M2 (01-22-2020),REDREAD (01-29-2020)

Lodolo is a lot lower than I expected

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Yep. I haven't read, but I'm assuming it's because his ceiling isn't as high as some others.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Yep. I haven't read, but I'm assuming it's because his ceiling isn't as high as some others.
    I actually like his ceiling but unless you are an uber-prospect it’s hard to make a dent in these rankings the winter after the draft.

I think Lodolo and Greene are mostly getting held back due to lack of experience in 2019. Green missed the season while Lodolo pitched against competition he was well ahead of. Good performances by in 2020 will shoot them up the rankings.

My biggest complaint would be the omission of Tyler Stephenson. If you are going to include Diego Cartaya and Sam Huff at the back end of the top 100, Stephenson has to be in there.

I also wouldn't look to much into individual rankings. The gap between Wander Franco to Dylan Carlson (1 to 10) is likely bigger than the gap between Carlson and the back third of the top 100.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

13. Likes:

Benihana (01-24-2020),Edd Roush (01-22-2020)

I won my TT bet over a Wonderful Monds
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

TRF (01-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Not a good sign that India in absent, though somewhat redemptive for those of us who were sounding the alarm on him. He really needs to take a big step forward.
    ... and then be traded because they have no job for him.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

Tom Servo (01-22-2020),TRF (01-24-2020),Tuff Nut (01-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    He's a little bit higher than A.J. Puk and Cal Quantril (#6 and #8 from 2016, both college arms) ranked for 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I wish the Reds A/AA hitter environments were more friendly, it is so hard to judge our guys. India's .756 OPS was 8th in the league. Once he got to AA his .792 OPS would have ranked 10th among qualified hitters. While his performance leaves some to be desired considering he got out-shined at the plate by Jose Garcia, it is nearly impossible to tell just what kind of alarm we are sounding.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

20. Likes:

BillDoran (01-23-2020),HammerTime (01-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I wish the Reds A/AA hitter environments were more friendly, it is so hard to judge our guys. India's .756 OPS was 8th in the league. Once he got to AA his .792 OPS would have ranked 10th among qualified hitters. While his performance leaves some to be desired considering he got out-shined at the plate by Jose Garcia, it is nearly impossible to tell just what kind of alarm we are sounding.
    Disagree. I think a pitching lean is preferable at those levels (and in general). As one who is in favor of challenging hitters, I don't want them playing in an easy-button league. It exposes the wannabes while the quality guys stand out. Sorting them out is an essential part of the process. The last thing you want is for a guy to get to the majors and then find out he's a pretender. Used to happen frequently to the Angels in 2000s when they had hitters affiliates all the way up ladder. Wasn't until they reached the majors that Dallas McPherson, Casey Kotchman and Brandon Wood got exposed. They were all elite prospects (#12, #6 and #3 at their peaks).

It's a good thing that Taylor Trammell hit the wall last year. India trending toward three outcomes at a young age is important information. Much easier to judge them when the circuit doesn't paper over their flaws, IMO. It avoids the hardest thing to spot, which is the false positive.

22. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-08-2020)

Not surprised on India’s omission, I think it’s warranted. However I do think Tyler Stephenson belongs on the list, even if near the bottom.

Greene and Lodolo should both be about 30 spots higher IMO.
    Go BLUE!!!

24. Likes:

HammerTime (01-28-2020),HokieRed (01-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Disagree. I think a pitching lean is preferable at those levels (and in general). As one who is in favor of challenging hitters, I don't want them playing in an easy-button league. It exposes the wannabes while the quality guys stand out. Sorting them out is an essential part of the process. The last thing you want is for a guy to get to the majors and then find out he's a pretender. Used to happen frequently to the Angels in 2000s when they had hitters affiliates all the way up ladder. Wasn't until they reached the majors that Dallas McPherson, Casey Kotchman and Brandon Wood got exposed. They were all elite prospects (#12, #6 and #3 at their peaks).

It's a good thing that Taylor Trammell hit the wall last year. India trending toward three outcomes at a young age is important information. Much easier to judge them when the circuit doesn't paper over their flaws, IMO. It avoids the hardest thing to spot, which is the false positive.
    I think it hurts just based on this last rebuild. Because of the pitching friendly environments we really over valued our pitching prospects and that is why they are struggling in the majors. I think Santillan is over rated by fans because his numbers look great in context of mlb numbers but he is below average for his league.

I think a lot of our hitters are better than fans think because of how pitcher friendly they are. I think guys like Aquino India Siri Shed Long and Trammel. These league are si tough it is hard to know how good they are.

26. Likes:

REDREAD (01-29-2020)

Turn Off Ads?