Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Why not Willy?

Why not Willy?

So I have a friend that screams every time bring up the Reds potentially chasing after Lindor, Seager, Story or Semien.

Each and every time he states the Reds need to get Willy Adames.

What might the Rays ask for in exchange? I don't think he Rays would be interested in the least - but i would have lost the bet that the Reds add Castellanos, Moose, Miley and Akiyama.

What say ye ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Why not Willy?

Because dWAR IMO is much more labile than oWAR. His 2.1 dWAR in 2019 could easily become 0.5 in 2020. Plus, I'm still not convinced that dWAR is very accurate compared to oWAR which is much more measurable...

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Because it takes two teams to make a trade, and the Rays have zero reason to trade him this's year. Franco is at least 1.5 seasons away, even being the phenom he is.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

They're short on catching throughout the system. Tyler Stephenson would be a must, IMO.

Perhaps, beyond that, Hunter Greene and a lesser guy.

It'd take a bunch, for sure.

Adames 2019 stats .254 .317 .418 .735
    Galvis 2019 stats .260 .296 .438 .734

Adames still has offensive upside, but his minor league numbers aren't that great either. Plus his SO/BB ratio is as bad as Galvis'. You would have to be convinced he is a consistent GG defender to give up T. Stephenson or Greene for him much less both.

Adames would be a great get. If you look at his numbers hitting in the trop is killing his offense.
    .557 ops at home .903 on the road. Put him in gabp and he will put up some big offensive number plus he hits righties better than lefties.
    His is also a good baserunner and his defense is legit. He has improved a lot. He was a much better hitter later in the year.

I am very familiar with him because I am living in Tampa. I have been wanting to get him for a while. I think with Wander Franco likely to arrive this year. That the Ray's would trade him if the Reds give them a good package. The Rays could do a guy like Iglesias of if the Reds trade Galvis as stop gap.

I don't like baseball players named Willy.

I do like baseball players named Willie.

Last edited by Big Klu; 01-28-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

9. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (01-28-2020),Chip R (01-28-2020),Randymack (01-28-2020)

I read where the Reds and Rays could possibly hook up on a Winker for Anderson,RP swap of some sort.

I wish the Reds had the talent to trade for some Rays prospects. Perfect example the Cardinals trade José Martínez and Randy Arozarena and a Competitive Balance Round A Draft pick to Tampa Bay in exchange for left-hander Matthew Liberatore -- MLB's No. 41 prospect per MLB Pipeline -- catching prospect Edgardo Rodriguez and a Competitive Balance pick.
    Liberatore will be a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I don't like baseball players named Willy.

I do like baseball players named Willie.
    I like players called Wily Mo

12. Likes:

Roy Tucker (01-31-2020)

What are the chances the Reds can get Semien from Oakland contingent on a 3-4 year extension?? 33 HRs with a total of 83 extra base hits with 87 walks and only 102 strikeouts be huge in our ballpark. Adames of the Rays struck out 153 times with 46 walks and 46 extra base hits. I would love Semien in our lineup more as those 153 strikeouts scare me

Stopped by the park in Daytona a few years back and saw Amir Garrett completely embarrass Willy Adames. And Garrett was wearing pink, which had to make it worse. Funny how one live game can forever taint your thoughts on a player.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?