Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
It was a meandering point i was making, true. Franco was declared the top overall prospect 2 years in a row. I was told in this thread he was UNTOUCHABLE. Because top prospect. Buxton was given that same designation. And I was told 0.6 WAR chronically injured and mediocre fielder now with NO POSITION was an overpay for a guy that has won a GG, was a top 20 vote getter for MVP and just posted a 3.1 WAR season despite having over 100 FEWER PA's than said superstar Nick Senzel.

My point is simple: get better players. Wander Franco fits that bill, and TB loves getting 2 things: anything that keeps their payroll down, and teams that throw talent at them. I don't see a spot for Senzel on the Reds. I also see no spot on the reds for India.

My proposal was Mahle, India, Senzel, Garcia and one of Santillan, Winker, Ervin, Callihan, Hinds for Wander Franco. If the Reds signed Castellanos, I see almost no reason not to overpay to get Franco. I also see TB looking hard at that and thinking they might have to pull the trigger and say yes, because they can then flip their OF glut for more prospects, keep their payroll down and still probably compete in the AL East.

But hey... feel free to put me on ignore if my posts bother you and Mr Wonderful that much.
Your framing of Senzel’s value is disingenuous and stupid, and that’s the last thing I have to say about this.