Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds interested in Castellanos

Reds interested in Castellanos

Reds, who have already had a big winter, remain a player for Nick Castellanos. Rangers among others in.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 23, 2020
    Maybe time for this guy to have his own thread separate from Ozuna?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RedEye; 01-23-2020 at 07:46 AM.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Likes:

DocRed (01-23-2020),JFLegal (01-23-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: Reds interested in Castellanos

WANT
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

5. Likes:

JFLegal (01-23-2020),Rojo Rijo (01-23-2020)

If his market is similar to Ozuna's, maybe we can get him in on a 1 year $20-22M deal?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

I'd be happy if they signed Castellanos, but man oh man surely they'd have to make another trade shipping out a Winker or Aquino?

If they would sign Castellanos, I’d assume they would make some sort of trade. The other option would be to take all the outfielders to spring training and see how things shake out.

Is Aquino really guaranteed to be ready to be a full time player? If he doesn’t do well in ST, it wouldn’t be awful for him to go to Louisville and have some depth.

9. Likes:

marcshoe (01-25-2020)

yes, yes, yes! (meg ryan voice)

then flip an outfielder plus prospects to upgrade at shortstop.

there's a team. that's a team.

Gotta think a move like this (or Ozuna whom they were running hard after) precipitates a trade of Senzel and Winker for Lindor. I know that talk has died down recently but how else could this kind of move make sense?

Personally I’d rather have Puig for 1/3 of the cost. That way you’re not forced into making a trade you don’t want to make.
    Go BLUE!!!

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I thought Castellanos was at least in his 30s - turns out he's only like 1.5 year(s) older than Winker. Always thought he was a pretty similar comp.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (01-23-2020)

I would be very happy with signing Castellanos.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

15. Likes:

Griffey012 (01-23-2020),The Operator (01-23-2020)

Offer his 3/50 and see if he bites. Work out a trade with LA for Seagar that doesn't involve Senzel, Greene or Lodolo and let's get this baby moving!!

17. Likes:

HammerTime (01-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I would be very happy with signing Castellanos.
    It's very clear all of us would be thrilled with Castellanos in the line up. Question is, what would you do next?

Back to the old 4 man rotation: Shogo, Senzel, Winker, and Castellanos? Send Aquino to AAA? Platoon Shogo/Senzel and Winker/Ervin? Or make a trade for a SS not named Lindor (because the price is extraordinarily high now for him after Cleveland's recent comments).

I would love Castellanos. It would create a logjam in the outfield. Not sure how it would work out at this point as I don't think a good SS is out there to trade for.

Really, it all goes back to Grandal. He was the perfect fit. If you had added him and Moose that would've been perfect. Now, it's like your jamming a square peg into a round hole because you need another bat.

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    I'd be happy if they signed Castellanos, but man oh man surely they'd have to make another trade shipping out a Winker or Aquino?
    I think logically, a trade would have to be happening, but I’m not sure it’s a requirement. Shogo, Senzel, Winker, and Aquino all have either injury or performance question marks. Assuming Senzel can play 2nd and 3rd still too, I think they could make it work.

You also could just go full softball and move Suarez back to SS lol
    Last edited by reds44; 01-23-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

21. Likes:

Griffey012 (01-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Puig Your Red View Post
    I think logically, a trade would have to be happening, but I’m not sure it’s a requirement. Shogo, Senzel, Winker, and Aquino all have either injury or performance question markets. Assuming Senzel can play 2nd and 3rd still too, I think they could make it work.

You also could just go full softball and move Suarez back to SS lol
    Or mix Senzel in at SS. Can't believe I just typed that.

Would a:
    LF Castellanos
    CF: Shogo/Ervin platoon(ish)
    RF: Aquino/Winker platoon
    1B: Votto
    2B: Senzel
    SS: Suarez
    3B: Moose

Lineup hit enough to make up for the lack of defense? Probably not, but it would be fun to watch lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

24. Likes:

herbdizzle (01-23-2020)

Turn Off Ads?