Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

Re: Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

TMZ claims they got permission from Kobe's reps to file the story, and that Vanessa was already aware.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/28/tmz-he...h-crash-story/

2. Likes:

Chip R (01-29-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    TMZ claims they got permission from Kobe's reps to file the story, and that Vanessa was already aware.

Thanks for the update. Conflicting info there between Harvey's account and law enforcement but it's only fair to hear both sides. As for "the others" on the copter, collateral damage. The news will never sit on a story like that until everyone else is contacted. I think it wasn't until evening that they released the names of everyone else 'cause the families hadn't been contacted yet. Did anyone ask Harvey or anyone else why they reported for so long that there were 5 people on board?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    True. What's your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Probably pilot disorientation due to the fog
    Some were saying it was TMZ's fault for reporting the number being 5, when it was everyone reporting that.

I Think being disoriented due to the fog will be the final determination on this. Watching the so called experts on the new, they are saying that it is quite easy for this to happen.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Thanks for the update. Conflicting info there between Harvey's account and law enforcement but it's only fair to hear both sides. As for "the others" on the copter, collateral damage. The news will never sit on a story like that until everyone else is contacted. I think it wasn't until evening that they released the names of everyone else 'cause the families hadn't been contacted yet. Did anyone ask Harvey or anyone else why they reported for so long that there were 5 people on board?
    I'm not sure how they heard that it was 5, but nobody in the media knew the number was really 9 until the 5:30 presser. Coming out of that everyone was shocked that it was 9, because EVERYONE was reporting 5. Would be interested to hear how everyone came up with 5. Were they just rolling with the TMZ number, or was there multiple sources that was putting out the 5 number?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

7. Likes:

Chip R (01-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I'm not sure how they heard that it was 5, but nobody in the media knew the number was really 9 until the 5:30 presser. Coming out of that everyone was shocked that it was 9, because EVERYONE was reporting 5. Would be interested to hear how everyone came up with 5. Were they just rolling with the TMZ number, or was there multiple sources that was putting out the 5 number?
    That's my guess. I'm thinking folks were saying "TMZ is reporting..." So if CNN says that, is CNN reporting it or is it TMZ? I'd say it's TMZ

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-29-2020)

Law enforcement said that they hadn't had a chance to tell the family yet, but considering the connections the Bryants had all around LA, I don't think it would be surprising that they would know long before there was an official police notification.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post

Just as I suspected, the cops gave TMZ a heads up on the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Turn Off Ads?