Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Good call! How could I have forgotten about him?

Speaking of forgetting about Ellis, WTH were the Mavericks thinking when they sent him to Seattle for ...wait for it...AL Wood? Ellis on the '88 Mavs bench with Brad Davis, Roy Tarpley (R.I.P) and Detlef Schrempf would have been sick.
    Ellis, X and Chambers were one of the most fun teams ever.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lakers would be so hard to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Pistons would be fun to do.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    The Hawks have a sneaky good team:

PG Lenny Wilkens
    SG Lou Hudson
    SF Dominique Wilkins
    PF Bob Pettit
    C Zelmo Beaty

I considered moving Pettit to C and bringing in Cliff Hagan. I also considered John Drew, but his drug issues soured me on the pick.
    Horford would take the center spot for me. Bill Simmons has a pretty compelling argument that a lot of big guys in the 1960s put up empty numbers. You basically needed to transcend like Wilt or Russell to be a true great. Anyway, Horford's really good.

And I just want to throw Mookie Blaylock's name onto the bench list here, because everybody with a beating heart in their chest loved Mookie Blaylock.

Does Spencer Haywood or Lonnie Shelton have a place with Seattle? I don't see either taking a backseat to Sikma.

edit: didn't see them already mentioned.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-29-2020 at 09:42 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Also, DJ for the Sonics. Wasn't he the Finals MVP vs. WAS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Lakers would be so hard to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Pistons would be fun to do.
    Magic
    Kobe
    West
    Kareem
    Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Also, DJ for the Sonics. Wasn't he the Finals MVP vs. WAS?
    He was, though Gus Williams just as easily could have won that award. Nice to have DJ, the Glove and Russ (and Gus and Ray Allen and Dale Ellis) fighting for your franchise backcourt slots. The Thunder/Sonics are insanely deep.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    All right, Sixers time.

PG - Mo Cheeks
    SG - AI
    SF - Dr. J
    PF - Sir Charles
    C - Wilt

There's an excellent case to be made for Hal Greer and Billy Cunningham. If you count the Warriors as the spiritual successor to the 76ers rather than the Syracuse Nats (and I do), then Paul Arizin deserves to be on the bench. I suppose Moses Malone could take the PF slot, though he'd be in Wilt's way too much. Iguodala on the bench too.
    Oh, underrated bench guy: Hersey Hawkins. I maintain he came along 25 years too early. He'd be making it rain in the modern NBA.

What MVP's are getting left out?

Orlando

PG - Penny
    SG - TMac
    SF - Grant Hill
    PF - Rashard Lewis
    C - Shaq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-29-2020)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Houston Rockets:

Hakeem Olajuwon - C
    Moses Malone - PF
    Rudy Tomjanovich - SF
    James Harden - SG
    Calvin Murphy - PG

Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady, Otis Thorpe, Elvin Hayes, Steve Francis, Kenny Smith (and depending on how long a player has to be on the team - Chris Paul, Charles Barkley, Clyde Drexler).
    Kudos for the selection of one of my all-time favorites - and, at this point, an indefensible Hall of Fame omission: Rudy Tomjanovich.

Unless I missed something, Bourgeois Zee stated multiple years for a player as a qualifier for any all-franchise team, so that includes Paul, Barkley and Drexler.

I'll stick with your starting and (limiting this to a 12 man roster) go with this bench (in no particular order):

Tracy McGrady
    Elvin Hayes
    Yao Ming
    Ralph Sampson
    Steve Francis
    Clyde Drexler
    Chris Paul
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Okay, the draft topic seems to be a bust, so let's try something else-- all-time starting fives for each franchise.

Rules:
    Player has to have played for the team multiple seasons and should have won awards while there. Kareem as a Buck and Laker is fine. Robert Parrish as a Bull? Notsofine.
    A starting five has to have a PG, two wings, and two front court players, but can play "down" or "up" one spot as needed. If you want a three-guard lineup, go for it.
    You can choose whatever metrics your want, but you may be called on to explain them.

For example, this would be Milwaukee's starting five, IMO:
    PG Sidney Moncrief
    SG Ray Allen
    SF Bobby Dandridge
    PF Giannis Antetokounmpo
    C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    Comment: I don't know if this team has enough outside shooting to win the hypothetical championship, but they'll play defense. I thought about Oscar Robertson over Moncrief, then Moncrief over Allen, but decided Allen's years of service trumped late-career Oscar. Kareem and Giannis would form a monster defensive core underneath, and Dandridge was widely considered a superior defender while in the league. (Moncrief too.) Best of all, this team would fit well together. Giannis as the ball-dominant point power forward, Moncrief doing all the little things, Allen shooting, Dandridge rebounding, and Kareem scoring. Also thought about Marques Johnson, Michael Redd, Terry Cummings, and Glenn Robinson at the wing and Phil Pressey at SG. Sneaky good.
    Just wanted to go back to this post one more time to note that Terry Cummings was a hell of a ballplayer. He was one of those guys everybody wanted on their team.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-30-2020)

All right time for the Clippers/Braves team:

PG - Chris Paul
    SG - Randy Smith
    SF - Corey Maggette
    PF - Elton Brand (sorry Blake)
    C - Bob McAdoo

On the bench they've got World B. Free (averaged 29.4 PPG in his two seasons in San Diego), Blake Griffin, Danny Manning, DeAndre Jordan, Ron Harper and Terry Cummings (never should have traded him).

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    All right time for the Clippers/Braves team:

PG - Chris Paul
    SG - Randy Smith
    SF - Corey Maggette
    PF - Elton Brand (sorry Blake)
    C - Bob McAdoo

On the bench they've got World B. Free (averaged 29.4 PPG in his two seasons in San Diego), Blake Griffin, Danny Manning, DeAndre Jordan, Ron Harper and Terry Cummings (never should have traded him).
    No way. Blake is there for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    No way. Blake is there for sure.
    Blake and Brand are insanely close on stats. I suspect if Brand had CP3 feeding him, it wouldn't be. Brand had more of a mid-range game. Blake developed more of a long-range game.

Oh, and Lou Williams for sure on the bench.

Turn Off Ads?