Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: NBA 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Oh, underrated bench guy: Hersey Hawkins. I maintain he came along 25 years too early. He'd be making it rain in the modern NBA.
    And, along with Toney and Barkley, one of the few 1980's 76ers' first round selections to positively impact the franchise significantly -- and we cannot blame this entirely on draft position, even though Toney and Barkley were top 8 selections received via previous trades. That said, nabbing Sedale Threatt in the 6th round of the '83 draft almost compensates for drafting Leo Rautins ahead of Roy Hinson.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Likes:

M2 (03-31-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I went back and forth on this one, ultimately choosing Lewis based on spreading the floor for the Diesel but I almost put Lewis/Grant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did the same....think it would depend on the era/style the team was playing. I also wanted to include Nick Anderson, but he clearly would not beat out the SG/Wing options.....he was just so important to that Shaq/Penny era team on both ends of the court.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-31-2020),Rojo Rijo (03-31-2020)

The Raptors may have the toughest fight of any team. Which wings do you take?

Vince Carter?
    Tracy McGrady?
    DeMar DeRozan?
    Kawhi Leonard?

the Nets are formidable on the wings and solid shooting the ball:

PG Jason Kidd
    SG Vince Carter
    SF Julius Erving
    PF Buck Williams
    C Brook Lopez

Team Tragedy has Michael Ray Richardson and Drazen Petrovic on the bench, along with Rick Barry, Richard Jefferson and Super John Williamson on the wings. Keith Van Horn and Derrick Coleman lead (?) the bench big men, along with Chocolate Thunder. Bernard King, though only a Net for two years, was fantastic in that time.

Lots of what-ifs in this lineup. More than any I can think of.

8. Likes:

M2 (03-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

PG Jason Kidd
    SG Vince Carter
    SF Julius Erving
    PF Buck Williams
    C Brook Lopez

Team Tragedy has Michael Ray Richardson and Drazen Petrovic on the bench, along with Rick Barry, Richard Jefferson and Super John Williamson on the wings. Keith Van Horn and Derrick Coleman lead (?) the bench big men, along with Chocolate Thunder. Bernard King, though only a Net for two years, was fantastic in that time.

No KMart?

Vince Carter?
    Tracy McGrady?
    DeMar DeRozan?
    Kawhi Leonard?
    Kawhi and Vince. Argument for DD but not TMac, he didn’t really bloom until Orlando

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-31-2020)

Hornets/Bobcats

PG - Kemba
    SG - Eddie J
    SF - Glenn Rice
    PF - Grandmama
    C - Zo

BN - BD, Curry, Mugsy, Captain Jack, Gerald Wallace

13. Likes:

M2 (03-31-2020)

PG Jason Kidd
    SG Vince Carter
    SF Julius Erving
    PF Buck Williams
    C Brook Lopez

Man, it's difficult to limit this Nets team to 12 players. But I'll definitely go with the your starting five; the first five bench players that you mentioned (kudos for selected overlooked/underrated Super John Williamson,btw), and round out the bench with Keith Van Horn ( a player ahead of his time, as he'd be a full-time stretch four today in high demand) and flip a coin for either Derrick Coleman or Billy Paultz as my last bench big.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Hornets/Bobcats

PG - Kemba
    SG - Eddie J
    SF - Glenn Rice
    PF - Grandmama
    C - Zo

BN - BD, Curry, Mugsy, Captain Jack, Gerald Wallace

This is a much better roster than I would have imagined -- and I say this as someone that lived in North Carolina (Cary) for 19 years, beginning with the Hornets' inaugural season. Anyway, if we're going to go with 12 man rosters, I'd round this out with Okafor and Divac as bigs off the bench.

16. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (03-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    This is a much better roster than I would have imagined -- and I say this as someone that lived in North Carolina (Cary) for 19 years, beginning with the Hornets' inaugural season. Anyway, if we're going to go with 12 man rosters, I'd round this out with Okafor and Divac as bigs off the bench.
    Does Chris Paul count as a Pelican?

I think he should. I think they also should get a claim to all former New Orleans Jazz. CP3 and Pistol Pete in the backcourt, yo.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-31-2020)

Vince Carter?
    Tracy McGrady?
    DeMar DeRozan?
    Kawhi Leonard?
    I mean is it the best to ever wear a uniform or the best that played a material amount of time for the organization? If it is the former, then Lebron is replacing someone (Baylor?) in the Lakers lineup....and Vince has to be considered on the Magic, Hawks, etc.? I mean that would make Patrick Ewing the greatest Sonic center in history and Shawn Kemp has to be considered for the Magic.

My point is I do not think TMac or Kawhi get consideration for the Raptors because they were there too short of a period (Kawhi) or was not an all-star level player while with the team.

Demar and Vince are would wear Raptors hats in the HOF bust if this was baseball.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-31-2020)

IMHO, yes. It's your call, but this is how I'm approaching this with my Alternate Universe series:

- Charlotte Hornets and Charlotte Bobcats as one franchise per Rojo Rijo's post.

- New Orleans Hornets and Pelicans as one franchise

- New Orleans Jazz and Utah Jazz are obviously the same franchise.

But M2 may be on to something with -- in a separate discussion from your (Bourgeois Zee) original discussion about franchise all-time starting fives) -- 'All City teams' : Read: For example, the best players/unit selected from every New Orleans franchise/team...Buccaneers(ABA), Jazz, Hornets and Pelicans.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 03-31-2020 at 06:58 PM.

23. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (03-31-2020)

Memphis and Vancouver Grizzlies.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

So, does LA get the Lakers and Clippers? San Diego gets the Clippers and Rockets?

All-European team?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?