Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

The Ringer is going back and redoing every draft since 1996. They're four years in so far. Here's the archive - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/4...ftables-series.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-13-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Caught the 4th Quarter of Game 7 in the 2010 NBA Finals (Lakers over Celtics) on ESPN tonight. There was this moment after the game where Kobe has Gigi on his shoulders and beside him are Stuart Scott and David Stern....with Lakers Assistant Coach Frank Hamblen in the background. It seems like that was just yesterday, and none of them are with us any longer. It kind of hit me hard when I realized it.
    I forgot Dr. Buss was on the stage also accepting the trophy beside Kobe.

The Bulls have given Nuggets GM Arturas Karnisovas full reign over their basketball operation - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/4...nisovas-garpax. Good news for the Bulls, but it kind of sucks for the Nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Bulls have given Nuggets GM Arturas Karnisovas full reign over their basketball operation - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/4...nisovas-garpax. Good news for the Bulls, but it kind of sucks for the Nuggets.
    He's taking over a pretty good situation.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    He's taking over a pretty good situation.
    Is he?

Doesn't have extra draft picks and they're at least two seasons away from cap space. They've got some young players who maybe a better coach could mold into something. What interests me most is who Karnisovas chooses to keep and get rid of from that roster. His eye for talent has been pretty sound. So maybe he'll be in trader mode and the Bulls roster will get put on shuffle.

Is he?

Doesn't have extra draft picks and they're at least two seasons away from cap space. They've got some young players who maybe a better coach could mold into something. What interests me most is who Karnisovas chooses to keep and get rid of from that roster. His eye for talent has been pretty sound. So maybe he'll be in trader mode and the Bulls roster will get put on shuffle.
    I would move Porter.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

9. Likes:

M2 (04-11-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I would move Porter.
    Certainly makes sense salary-wise. Wonder if they can trick someone into giving up a much lower cost version of Porter in exchange for Porter?

Kevin Love and Collin Sexton for Otto Porter and Lauri Markkenen.

Who says no?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post

Who says no?
    Probably the Bulls.

Who says no?
    I think the Bulls do, but that's probably because I'm not a Sexton fan.

I think the Bulls do, but that's probably because I'm not a Sexton fan.
    Sexton really came on offensively as the season progressed. He's averaging 24+/3.5+/3.5+ since 2020 turned over. 25 more assists than TOs too.

He doesn't defend at all, of course, and he'd need to learn how to distribute the ball rather than pound it into the ground, then make one-on-one plays. But a backcourt of White and Sexton (with LaVine at the wing) would be fun to watch. All three have play-making capabilities. (They average nearly 12 assists per game in toto.) Add Love (who could dust off those old full-court one-handed bombs after rebounding) and Carter (as the Bull inside), and they should be in the mix for the playoffs, IMO.

The Cavs would get rid of some salary early, but, IMO, Sexton is the best player in this deal, and Love might be second-best.

Sexton really came on offensively as the season progressed. He's averaging 24+/3.5+/3.5+ since 2020 turned over. 25 more assists than TOs too.

He doesn't defend at all, of course, and he'd need to learn how to distribute the ball rather than pound it into the ground, then make one-on-one plays. But a backcourt of White and Sexton (with LaVine at the wing) would be fun to watch. All three have play-making capabilities. (They average nearly 12 assists per game in toto.) Add Love (who could dust off those old full-court one-handed bombs after rebounding) and Carter (as the Bull inside), and they should be in the mix for the playoffs, IMO.

The Cavs would get rid of some salary early, but, IMO, Sexton is the best player in this deal, and Love might be second-best.
    They probably are the best players, but they’d be expensive for a while and I’m not sure they are anything close to contenders adding Sexton and Love.

Sexton strikes me as the sort of guy you let run wild when your team is terrible. He'll give you empty points. Maybe he'll improve with age, but if I were the Bulls, I'd look to make White my PG moving forward and put a bunch of switchable wings around him. Sexton and LaVine on the floor at the same time would be some serious matador defense.

17. Likes:

adkindo (04-12-2020)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Per RealGM:

Otto Porter from Chicago Bulls
    Porter is in the last non-exercisable year of his contract and cannot be traded. However, next season is currently a player option and if is exercised, then the player can be traded.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Per RealGM:
    In the words of Sam McCloud, "Well, there ya' go".

Turn Off Ads?