Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Miss me with that take. This is the 8 games the league has handed Memphis for this dealie:
    That is based on the assumption that the teams will play the games left on their schedule coming up, minus any games against teams that aren't there. It seems like there some some logistical issues with that, so I don't think it will work.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Miss me with that take. This is the 8 games the league has handed Memphis for this dealie:
    That's not close to as strong as what was left for them with so many tough road games, especially. They had at least 12 losses waiting for them, while the other teams will all get tougher schedules than they would have had.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

if the ninth seed is four or fewer games behind, then the eighth and ninth seed will enter a play-in tournament that is double-elimination for the eighth seed and single-elimination for ninth
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That is based on the assumption that the teams will play the games left on their schedule coming up, minus any games against teams that aren't there. It seems like there some some logistical issues with that, so I don't think it will work.
    Yes, because this would be Portland's next 8 games: Going by where we left off of the 22 teams being invited, Blazers play Memphis, Houston, Dallas, Boston, Philly, Brooklyn, Utah & Memphis again. But, the 2nd MEM game doesn't fit with MEM' schedule. POR will have had to pass up games against MIN, MIN, CHA, DET & CLE, while DEN fills that 2nd MEM game. MEM will have only skipped.....nobody.

They should have the last teams in the West play each other twice. Guess that's 10 games.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-03-2020 at 04:33 PM.

So, is Andre Robertson finally healthy?

7. Likes:

M2 (06-03-2020)

Sounds like if the 8 seed can get out to a 4 game lead there isn't a play in game. So Washington isn't guaranteed anything.
    Oh, then Washington is probably going home after 8 games.

It'll be interesting to see how they balance the 8 games that all the teams have to play. The schedule hasn't been equal to this point, but there won't be any "easy" games now that the bottom teams have been left home.
    Yep. Everyone just got handed a tougher schedule. Should make for some tense contests.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-04-2020),Revering4Blue (06-05-2020)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Guys, based upon higher vote count by mid-day Saturday, I'm going to allow you to choose (from three teams) the next NBA Alternate Universe entry. The three choices:

1)Bulls
    2)Bullets/Wizards
    3)Jazz

On your mark, get set...
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Guys, based upon higher vote count by mid-day Saturday, I'm going to allow you to choose (from three teams) the next NBA Alternate Universe entry. The three choices:

1)Bulls
    2)Bullets/Wizards
    3)Jazz

On your mark, get set...
    Do the Bullards!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, is Andre Robertson finally healthy?
    He'd been gone so long, I forgot the spelling of his name.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Andre Roberson (left knee surgery) "would be ready to play now if the season hadn't stopped," according to Erik Horne of The Athletic.

Roberson himself said in April that he was "kinda past the rehab stage," so it sounds like there's a good chance he'll be available for OKC's eight regular-season games and beyond. The start of the season is still many weeks away, too, giving him extra time to rehab. Although he'll likely be on a minute-limit, and won't help DFS owners, it's a boost for OKC's depth and defense.

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Jun 5, 2020, 1:26 PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Do the Bullards!
    No, do the Wizlets!

He'd been gone so long, I forgot the spelling of his name.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Andre Roberson (left knee surgery) "would be ready to play now if the season hadn't stopped," according to Erik Horne of The Athletic.

Roberson himself said in April that he was "kinda past the rehab stage," so it sounds like there's a good chance he'll be available for OKC's eight regular-season games and beyond. The start of the season is still many weeks away, too, giving him extra time to rehab. Although he'll likely be on a minute-limit, and won't help DFS owners, it's a boost for OKC's depth and defense.

SOURCE: The Athletic
    Jun 5, 2020, 1:26 PM ET
    Roberson was gone so long that he also forgot how to spell his name.

I don't think he helps them at all. Would consider not playing him given the amount of rust he has to shake off and how good their three-guard rotation has been.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Roberson was gone so long that he also forgot how to spell his name.

I don't think he helps them at all. Would consider not playing him given the amount of rust he has to shake off and how good their three-guard rotation has been.
    Rotations will be interesting. And what if COVID-19 hits 3, 4, 5 guys on a team? This is going to be strange. Should be the healthiest playoffs ever, though, except for the instances where COVID-19 hits a team. If two, three teams get hit hard with 3, 4, 5 guys becoming ill, will the players just say, enough is enough and call it all off so they can go home?

No, do the Wizlets!
    Do the Capitalists!

Oh, then Washington is probably going home after 8 games.

Yep. Everyone just got handed a tougher schedule. Should make for some tense contests.
    What if the Wizards are eliminated in 3 games? Do they play it out or say, screw it?

What if the Wizards are eliminated in 3 games? Do they play it out or say, screw it?
    They'd play the games, but given the way the Wiz play we won't be able to tell if they're trying.

Turn Off Ads?