Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: NBA 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, does LA get the Lakers and Clippers? San Diego gets the Clippers and Rockets?
    If we're going by City and not limiting to franchise, LA gets the LA Lakers (No players from Minny), LA Clippers - No Buffalo Braves or San Diego Clippers, unless you're picking former San Diego Clippers who reached their peak with the LA Clippers *crickets* - and ABA Los Angeles Stars.

Utah gets the Utah Jazz and ABA Utah Stars' players.

And so on....But I'll defer to M2 here.

All-European team?
    Good idea.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 03-31-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-31-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Back to the original idea/exercise....

Detroit Pistons

Isiah Thomas
    Dave Bing
    Grant Hill
    Ben Wallace
    Bob Lanier

Bench: Joe Dumars, Dave DeBusschere, Bill Laimbeer, Chauncey Billups, Dennis Rodman, Richard Hamilton and Kelly Tripucka (most have forgotten that he was a two-time all star and he could really fill it up).
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-31-2020)

Wizards/Bullets

PG- John Wall
    SG -Bradley Beal
    SF - Antawn Jamison
    PF - Elvin Hayes
    C - Walt Bellamy

Bench: Caron Butler, Gilbert Arenas, Jeff Malone, Wes Unseld, Jeff Ruland, Phil Chenier and Gus Johnson.

Memphis and Vancouver Grizzlies.
    I excluded both rookies from this season: Morant and Brandon Clarke, but they'll soon headline this team, I'm certain:

PG - Mike Conley
    SG - Tony Allen (Chuckle, if you will, but his defense was instrumental to the franchise's playoff runs)
    SF - Shareef Abdur-Rahim
    PF - Pau Gasol
    C - Marc Gasol

Bench: Zach Randolph, Jason Williams, Rudy Gay, Jaren Jackson Jr., Mike Miller, O.J Mayo and Shane Battier.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    If we're going by City and not limiting to franchise, LA gets the LA Lakers (No players from Minny), LA Clippers - No Buffalo Braves or San Diego Clippers, unless you're picking former San Diego Clippers who reached their peak with the LA Clippers *crickets* - and ABA Los Angeles Stars.

Utah gets the Utah Jazz and ABA Utah Stars' players.

And so on....But I'll defer to M2 here.
    Seems like two concurrent teams in the same city would merit different lists. Anyway, my take on this is from growing up around Philly, where the locals view the Warriors as fundamentally the same team as the 76ers, with a one-year hiatus. The Warriors, like a lot of original NBA teams, had deep local roots: Wilt, Arizin, Tom Gola, Guy Rodgers.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Well, that changes my teams a bit, but we have the time.

The New Orleans team looks really solid, especially considering how few years it's been in the league.

PG Chris Paul
    SG Pete Maravich
    SF Jamal Mashburn
    PF David West
    C Anthony Davis

I thought about DeMarcus Cousins at center, but couldn't pull the trigger on only 60-ish games played. Mashburn was a surprise, but his numbers were really, really good until a knee injury derailed his career completely. This might be a top five all time NBA Pass League team. Maravich, Paul, and AD on a fast break? Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Well, that changes my teams a bit, but we have the time.

The New Orleans team looks really solid, especially considering how few years it's been in the league.

PG Chris Paul
    SG Pete Maravich
    SF Jamal Mashburn
    PF David West
    C Anthony Davis

I thought about DeMarcus Cousins at center, but couldn't pull the trigger on only 60-ish games played. Mashburn was a surprise, but his numbers were really, really good until a knee injury derailed his career completely. This might be a top five all time NBA Pass League team. Maravich, Paul, and AD on a fast break? Yes, please.
    I think I'd move Mashburn to the bench for Truck Robinson, who played his best ball in Nola. Davis could play SF.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-31-2020)

Chicago Bulls

PG Rose
    2G MJ
    SF Pippen
    PF Bob Love
    C Gilmore

Bench: Butler, Van Lier, Chet Walker, Noah, Sloan, Deng and Theus

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^

Rodman should be there in place of Deng.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Chicago Bulls

PG Rose
    2G MJ
    SF Pippen
    PF Bob Love
    C Gilmore

Bench: Butler, Van Lier, Chet Walker, Noah, Sloan, Deng and Theus
    I think Jimmy Butler would be my starting PG for that team.

So, does LA get the Lakers and Clippers?
    would still all be Lakers

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-31-2020),Revering4Blue (04-02-2020)

Have we done the Wizlets? I don't think we have. So it's time for the worst franchise in NBA history.

PG - Earl Monroe (absolutely brilliant during his time in Bawlmer).
    SG - Gilbert Arenas (somebody's got to bring the scandal)
    SF - Bernard King
    PF - Elvin Hayes
    C - Wes Unseld (width > height)

Bench - Moses Malone, Walt Bellamy, Jeff Malone, Bradly Beal, Chris Webber, John Wall, Bobby Dandridge

The Dallas franchise(s) hasn't been represented, has it?

PG Steve Nash
    SG Rolando Blackman
    SF Luka Doncic
    PF Mark Aquirre
    C Dirk Nowitski

Yeah, Doncic is already that good. (The real question is when does he overtake Nowitzki the greatest Mav of all time?) Cliff Hagan and Cincinnatus Powell (10/10 name) from the old Chaparrals that became the Spurs in the front court, along with Roy Tarpley and Sudden Sam Perkins. A whole host of PGs in the backcourt, including Jason Kidd and Derek Harper. Michael Finley, Jimmy Jackson, and Jamal Mashburn can man the wings. They're really bad in the front court. Kristaps Porzingis, with one more adequate season, should be their best center (with Dirk moving to his natural PF post).

19. Likes:

M2 (04-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    The Dallas franchise(s) hasn't been represented, has it?

PG Steve Nash
    SG Rolando Blackman
    SF Luka Doncic
    PF Mark Aquirre
    C Dirk Nowitski

Yeah, Doncic is already that good. (The real question is when does he overtake Nowitzki the greatest Mav of all time?) Cliff Hagan and Cincinnatus Powell (10/10 name) from the old Chaparrals that became the Spurs in the front court, along with Roy Tarpley and Sudden Sam Perkins. A whole host of PGs in the backcourt, including Jason Kidd and Derek Harper. Michael Finley, Jimmy Jackson, and Jamal Mashburn can man the wings. They're really bad in the front court. Kristaps Porzingis, with one more adequate season, should be their best center (with Dirk moving to his natural PF post).
    I still need guidance....is it who has accomplished the most? The most talented while on the team? The most talented in their career? Knock on wood, but Doncic could tear an Achilles tomorrow, and never have any real success as a Mav. I am probably taking the fun out of it....but everytime I try to make a list, I begin to argue with myself about the parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I still need guidance....is it who has accomplished the most? The most talented while on the team? The most talented in their career? Knock on wood, but Doncic could tear an Achilles tomorrow, and never have any real success as a Mav. I am probably taking the fun out of it....but everytime I try to make a list, I begin to argue with myself about the parameters.
    I'd suggest it's who's done the most for that franchise.

And respectfully, I'll disagree about Doncic. He's already the second-best player ever in a Mavs uniform. ROY, 8.1 win shares this season is better than any Dallas player except for Nowitzki and Nash. (In six seasons in Dallas, Steve Nash had 14.6 total. Mark Aqguirre had 24.6 in 8 seasons. Doncic has more than 13 in two abbreviated years.)

Not only that, he's provided flair and excitement for a previously moribund franchise. He's averaging nearly a triple double this year. (And playing acceptable defense.)

Besides, if not Doncic, then who? Roy Tarpley or Sam Perkins were the best choices left. (Though I guess James Donaldson was another pick.) I think that's an easy choice, personally.

This is meant to be a fun exercise too-- don't overthink it.

Turn Off Ads?