Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

Andre Iguodala to the Heat, and the Heat give him a 2 year $30 Million extension...that is just dumb in my opinion.

2. Likes:

texasdave (02-05-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Pacers took some Red Bull in the 2nd Qtr tonight against the 11-games-won-in-a-row Raptors. Must have gotten the news on the Heat and it woke them up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Andre Iguodala to the Heat, and the Heat give him a 2 year $30 Million extension...that is just dumb in my opinion.
    dumb good? Team option on 2nd season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

^^^no, dumb bad....the theory is he may be able to help in the playoffs and the Heat are not contenders right now. He looked old last season and was mostly unproductive all season.

^^^no, dumb bad....the theory is he may be able to help in the playoffs and the Heat are not contenders right now. He looked old last season and was mostly unproductive all season.
    The Heat have become contenders, but I don't get any part of giving Iguodala that extension on top of trading Justise Winslow for him. Seems like a reach by Riley.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Heat have become contenders, but I don't get any part of giving Iguodala that extension on top of trading Justise Winslow for him. Seems like a reach by Riley.

I disagree labeling them contenders. They have Butler who is not a #1 guy on a legit contender, and some real nice young pieces. That can allow you to rack up regular season wins, but they are not built as a top tier playoff roster in my opinion. I would speculate there are 4-5 teams in the east that are more likely to win the Conference in the playoffs.

I disagree labeling them contenders. They have Butler who is not a #1 guy on a legit contender, and some real nice young pieces. That can allow you to rack up regular season wins, but they are not built as a top tier playoff roster in my opinion. I would speculate there are 4-5 teams in the east that are more likely to win the Conference in the playoffs.
    I do think Iggy helps them more in the playoffs than Winslow, but agree they aren’t legit contenders. The extension is kinda dumb, but $15M isn’t that much anymore and is also pretty tradeable.

The Pacers had an 11 point lead @ Toronto with 3 minutes left in the game.....and lost by 1 point.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I do think Iggy helps them more in the playoffs than Winslow, but agree they aren’t legit contenders. The extension is kinda dumb, but $15M isn’t that much anymore and is also pretty tradeable.
    I am probably a little bias....I never was a big Iguodala fan, but the way he handled himself this year made me just lose respect for him. I get when a team asks the player to stay home and get paid, but I do not get a player basically refusing to play for a team when he is paid millions of dollars. I get Memphis agreed to his wishes and did not want to make a big deal out of it, but it is getting too common in the league in recent years.

The Pacers had an 11 point lead @ Toronto with 3 minutes left in the game.....and lost by 1 point.
    Bad. But, Only Oladipo's first start and they almost pulled off the upset. It's getting there.....just like it looks like Conley has finally found his shot. That completely changes UTA's look, especially in the playoffs.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The East seems tightly bunched. The Bucks have been the class of the conference, but the fortunes of 2-6 is anybody's guess once they hit the playoffs. The Heat can really shoot. No one expected they'd be this good during the season, so I'm not taking them for granted.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-06-2020)

I am probably a little bias....I never was a big Iguodala fan, but the way he handled himself this year made me just lose respect for him. I get when a team asks the player to stay home and get paid, but I do not get a player basically refusing to play for a team when he is paid millions of dollars. I get Memphis agreed to his wishes and did not want to make a big deal out of it, but it is getting too common in the league in recent years.
    He knows it is all about the playoffs, and if he can save his body, which Kerr wasn't able to do last season, for the playoffs, then this new culture of the NBA letting teams rest players at will for the playoffs, then Igoudala is simply adjusting to this new culture and has the leverage to get it done. Just like Harden and his traveling and flopping...if he can get away with it under the culture that exists in the NBA, then more powere to him. I don't like either scenario, and unlike the millions of fans who used to watch the NBA and don't anymore or the millions of new fans who know nothing about basketball and just follow names around like they are watching the latest edition of "The Bachelor", I absolutely love basketball and I look for quality where I can find it, and when I view it, I get rewarded for my patience. I root for the UTA's, DEN's, IND's, MIA's (except for the LeBron fiasco), and POR's, and now MIN's and MEM's who are doing it the right way without the benefit of three referee's aiding them on any given night (except for Jokic and his minute-to-minute whining to the officials).

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The East seems tightly bunched. The Bucks have been the class of the conference, but the fortunes of 2-6 is anybody's guess once they hit the playoffs. The Heat can really shoot. No one expected they'd be this good during the season, so I'm not taking them for granted.
    they are much better than I expected, and please know when I say I disagree....I know it is just my opinion, not suggesting "you are wrong".

16. Likes:

M2 (02-06-2020)

Watched a good bit of the Celtics and Magic. Evan Fournier stood out for his team. Orlando really needs to get something for him in trade before he walks as a free agent. Maybe they can sign-and-trade with him this summer, but there ought to be a pile of contenders that want him right now.

Schroeder wins about his 100th game of the season for OKC

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-06-2020)

Nuggets went in Utah tonight with only seven available players and clawed their way to a 98-95 win.

Turn Off Ads?