Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 68 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

Dwight Howard has high quality hair.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lakers win in OT...basically have not lost on the road against teams in the West.....lost Game 1 against the Clippers, but it was only an away game on paper.

Malik Monk is finally getting consistent playing time and is showing what he can do. I will never understand why the Hornets buried him like they did, it's not like they were ever that good, but yea Graham and Monk are fun. They at least gotta see what they can make of it.

From what I remember of him in college he was as or more exciting than De'Aaron Fox. Would like to see this guy get a real chance here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Malik Monk is finally getting consistent playing time and is showing what he can do. I will never understand why the Hornets buried him like they did, it's not like they were ever that good, but yea Graham and Monk are fun. They at least gotta see what they can make of it.

From what I remember of him in college he was as or more exciting than De'Aaron Fox. Would like to see this guy get a real chance here.
    Fox was definitely seen as the better prospect but the main knock on Monk was being undersized (6'3) for a wing player and he wasn't seen as having the ability to transform into a scoring lead guard. Still his jump shot was a thing of beauty at UK (he was a rare 3 level scorer) and I thought he was going to be a steal for whatever team drafted him. I'm not surprised the Hornets have buried/misused him, they've destroyed almost every lottery pick they've taken (Zeller, Kaminsky, MKG, Vonleh, Henderson, DJ, Brandan Wright, Morrison, Felton, Okafor) not named Kemba. I know some of these guys just weren't any good but come on, only 1 out of 11 guys you drafted worked out? That's an organizational problem. Good thing SGA got out but they have done ok so far with Miles Bridges. Still that's another whiff on Charlotte as SGA looks like a future star.

Schedule is finally starting to ease up for Orlando.

For the 55 games in the books Orlando has played 29 against current playoff teams and their record is 5-24 against those teams. For the 26 games against non playoff teams their record is 19-6.

The remaining schedule includes 14 games against non playoff teams and 13 games against playoff teams. While that seems about even it only includes 2 mini road trips - one out west at Houston, Minnesota, and Memphis and one up east at Boston, Philly, and New York. Also the 13 remaining games against playoff teams are three with Brooklyn, two with Boston and Indiana, and the other six are Dallas, Miami, Houston, Memphis, Philadelphia, and Toronto. Orlando's record against those 9 teams this year is 5-11, so all 5 wins Orlando has this season against playoff teams include teams they still have to play again.

While losing Isaac and Aminu for the season has really hurt us Gordon and Fultz are playing well right now.

Ultimately they are looking at a first round series against Milwaukee, Toronto, or Boston and a first round exit but it would be nice to have a nice finish to the regular season like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Schedule is finally starting to ease up for Orlando.

For the 55 games in the books Orlando has played 29 against current playoff teams and their record is 5-24 against those teams. For the 26 games against non playoff teams their record is 19-6.

The remaining schedule includes 14 games against non playoff teams and 13 games against playoff teams. While that seems about even it only includes 2 mini road trips - one out west at Houston, Minnesota, and Memphis and one up east at Boston, Philly, and New York. Also the 13 remaining games against playoff teams are three with Brooklyn, two with Boston and Indiana, and the other six are Dallas, Miami, Houston, Memphis, Philadelphia, and Toronto. Orlando's record against those 9 teams this year is 5-11, so all 5 wins Orlando has this season against playoff teams include teams they still have to play again.

While losing Isaac and Aminu for the season has really hurt us Gordon and Fultz are playing well right now.

Ultimately they are looking at a first round series against Milwaukee, Toronto, or Boston and a first round exit but it would be nice to have a nice finish to the regular season like last year.
    They need a strong finish. The Wizards are only two back of them in the loss column. If they didn't win that OT game last night, their lead would be officially uncomfortable. I doubt DC is going to go on much of run. If Orlando takes care of their business they should be fine, but if they stumble at all it gives DC a reason to care.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    He’s been getting to the basket easily all night I was begging him to just be aggressive. Might leave time on the clock but that was poorly played
    That's funny, because the knock on Lebron has been he passes the ball too much in late clock situations. When people compare him to Jordan, a lot will say that Lebron doesn't have that killer instinct and that he just makes the best basketball play. Rarely do I hear someone say he is basically selfish.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    That's funny, because the knock on Lebron has been he passes the ball too much in late clock situations. When people compare him to Jordan, a lot will say that Lebron doesn't have that killer instinct and that he just makes the best basketball play. Rarely do I hear someone say he is basically selfish.
    not sure I would call it selfish.....more so chasing ghosts. That criticism of him early in his career has not really been accurate since leaving Cleveland his first time. Since going to Miami with the exception of a few key times with Wade and Kyrie, he has been much more demanding of the ball in the clutch. The shadow that he is in as a Laker, he always demands the ball in the clutch.

Fultz is legit...I am honestly one of the few among those i talk hoops with that never gave up on the guy and took a lot of ribbing and friendly abuse the last couple years. Nobody is saying much these days.

Fox was definitely seen as the better prospect but the main knock on Monk was being undersized (6'3) for a wing player and he wasn't seen as having the ability to transform into a scoring lead guard. Still his jump shot was a thing of beauty at UK (he was a rare 3 level scorer) and I thought he was going to be a steal for whatever team drafted him. I'm not surprised the Hornets have buried/misused him, they've destroyed almost every lottery pick they've taken (Zeller, Kaminsky, MKG, Vonleh, Henderson, DJ, Brandan Wright, Morrison, Felton, Okafor) not named Kemba. I know some of these guys just weren't any good but come on, only 1 out of 11 guys you drafted worked out? That's an organizational problem. Good thing SGA got out but they have done ok so far with Miles Bridges. Still that's another whiff on Charlotte as SGA looks like a future star.
    yeah Fox was always clearly the best NBA prospect. That NCAA Tournament game against Ball and UCLA solidified his standing. Also, I am not defending the Hornets, but because they were always grabbing a low playoff seed, they often got caught drafting in that mid teens kind of no mans land of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Fultz is legit...I am honestly one of the few among those i talk hoops with that never gave up on the guy and took a lot of ribbing and friendly abuse the last couple years. Nobody is saying much these days.
    Sorry, no shooting range, high turnover %. He ranks 24th among PGs in scoring and 34th in PER. He looks like a journeyman/2nd unit guy to me. If you wanted to make the Magic better, most obvious place to start is upgrade the PG.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    He's really had a solid campaign so far. I'm excited to see how he builds this into next season.

He's really had a solid campaign so far. I'm excited to see how he builds this into next season.
    Would you offer the pre-RFA contract extension? And, if so, for how much?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Sorry, no shooting range, high turnover %. He ranks 24th among PGs in scoring and 34th in PER. He looks like a journeyman/2nd unit guy to me. If you wanted to make the Magic better, most obvious place to start is upgrade the PG.
    He's pretty much a rookie who's been developing as the season goes on. Ups and downs were expected this season and because of that I don't expect his overall numbers to look very good. It's the flashes like the last two games - 35 points, 56.5% from the field, 18 assists, 0 turnovers, 5 steals. His future is still very bright in Orlando.

He's pretty much a rookie who's been developing as the season goes on. Ups and downs were expected this season and because of that I don't expect his overall numbers to look very good. It's the flashes like the last two games - 35 points, 56.5% from the field, 18 assists, 0 turnovers, 5 steals. His future is still very bright in Orlando.
    Everybody has flashes, especially against Atlanta and Detroit. I watched him against the Celtics just about a week ago and he was useless. The Magic are going to have to figure out how much they like him this summer. Should they offer him an extension, and for how much?

Turn Off Ads?