Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

As of 90 minutes before game time, it is unlikely that either Harden (left thigh contusion) or Westbrook (lame-a$$ time management) will play against the Jazz tonight. That might change. If it doesn't, Rockets get pounded.

Update: Just read that Capela (heel contusion) is doubtful. Hide the women and children!
    Last edited by texasdave; 01-27-2020 at 07:34 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bam Adebayo might get a triple double before the end of the 3rd quarter tonight against the Magic.

8/11 16 points
    7 rebounds
    9 assists

[Hot take] Miami would be a better team if they dealt at least two of Kris Dunn, Duncan Robinson, Damon Jones, and Tyler Herro to shorten its bench and improve its overall team. [/Hot take]

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Bam Adebayo might get a triple double before the end of the 3rd quarter tonight against the Magic.

8/11 16 points
    7 rebounds
    9 assists

[Hot take] Miami would be a better team if they dealt at least two of Kris Dunn, Duncan Robinson, Damon Jones, and Tyler Herro to shorten its bench and improve its overall team. [/Hot take]
    You got your Kendrick Nunn cross-wired with your Kris Dunn.

Got to figure if anyone makes a big deal before the deadline, it's the Heat. Though, for tonight all those guards are having a field day against the Magic.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    You got your Kendrick Nunn cross-wired with your Kris Dunn.

Got to figure if anyone makes a big deal before the deadline, it's the Heat. Though, for tonight all those guards are having a field day against the Magic.
    Who says no?

Chris Paul and a pick for Kris Dunn, Justice Winslow, Dion Waiters, and James Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Who says no?

Chris Paul and a pick for Kris Dunn, Justice Winslow, Dion Waiters, and James Johnson?
    You did it again - Kendrick Nunn. What the heck, I'm calling him Kris Dunn 2.0.

Anyway, that might work. It would be a bit of a shame to see OKC to punt when it's been one of the feel-good stories of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    As of 90 minutes before game time, it is unlikely that either Harden (left thigh contusion) or Westbrook (lame-a$$ time management) will play against the Jazz tonight. That might change. If it doesn't, Rockets get pounded.

Update: Just read that Capela (heel contusion) is doubtful. Hide the women and children!
    Eric Gordon has decided he's the hero we all needed. The Rockets may not win this game (still a lot of time to go), but they've given the Jazz all it wanted.

Eric Gordon with half a hundred as the Rockets down the Jazz. Crazy. Foo Fighter for a night. There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes. There goes my hero, ordinary!

Daniel House with a nice game: 21 points, 11 boards, 2 assists and 5 steals.
    Last edited by texasdave; 01-28-2020 at 12:57 AM.

9. Likes:

M2 (01-28-2020)

Most points in three straight games since the merger:

175 March 2007 Kobe Bryant
    169 January 2006 Kobe Bryant
    165 March-April 1, 1990 Michael Jordan
    164 April 1987 Michael Jordan
    163 January 2019 James Harden
    160 March 2007 Kobe Bryant
    158 January 2020 @Dame_Lillard

James Harden
    40.2% usage
    125.8 points per 100 pssns
    TS% - 61.9%
    On / off diff + 5.8 points

Damian Lillard
    33.1% usage
    125.1 points per 100 pssns
    TS% - 61.9%
    On / off diff + 10.6 points

What Harden is doing is great. But Dame would average 35PPG if he had the same usage.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The Timberwolves blow a 117-105 lead with just over a minute to go enroute to losing their 10th straight.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, since 1996-97, the first year of play-by-play data, NBA teams entered the day 0-8,378 when trailing by 17 or more in the final three minutes of the fourth quarter or overtime.

The twolves loss is the first time I have ever seen a team take out its starters and lose. The wolves clearly switched off their intensity too soon. Being outcoached by Luke Walton takes exceptional incompetence.
    I will check this theory in the future, but doesn’t the losing team typically pull its starters first?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Timberwolves blow a 117-105 lead with just over a minute to go enroute to losing their 10th straight.
    What was the line on that game?

Statement win for Philly via last Saturday night defeating the Lakers?
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Statement win for Philly via last Saturday night defeating the Lakers?
    I'm more interested in Philly beating even a mediocre team on the road versus them taking down a good team while at home.

And you do realize that every time you post something about a "statement" win, the Sixers lose their next game. I'm only hoping that the Warriors are truly bad enough right now to avoid your jinx.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

16. Likes:

goreds2 (01-29-2020)

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Victor Oladipo (knee, quad) is expected to come off the bench in his regular-season debut on Wednesday against the Bulls.

Not only will Oladipo come off the bench, but he'll have a strict minutes limit through the All-Star break, so those who have been stashing him should temper their initial expectations. Nate McMillan did not do a great job with the minutes limit last season and the results were catastrophic, so we'd expect Indiana to take an overly cautious approach this time around. Once he's fully up to speed, he'll cut into the value of Jeremy Lamb and potentially Malcolm Brogdon.

SOURCE: Scott Agness on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Joel Embiid (hand) will be available to play on Tuesday against the Warriors.

He'll be back in action following a nine-game absence, although he may have his minutes monitored tonight, thus limiting his appeal in DFS. That said, even in limited minutes he should be able to put up a gaudy stat line against the woeful Warriors, so he's safe to activate in all season-long settings. His return will cut into the production of Ben Simmons, Tobias Harris and Matisse Thybulle.

SOURCE: Keith Pompey on Twitter

Turn Off Ads?