Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Marcus said they will likely get a house together. Seems like that would be weird if they have a tough playoff series against each other.
    I chalk that up to twins.

Maybe they'll Parent Trap their teams one night.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Chip R (02-24-2020),Revering4Blue (02-22-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

We've got intrigue on the cusp of the playoff slots. The Magic keep flinging open the door for the Wizards and the Wizards keep not rushing through it. Last night DC had the chance to pull within one game in the loss column, but choked up a lead in the 4th quarter to lose at home to the Cavs.

In the West the question is whether anyone can make a run at the Grizz, which have the toughest remaining schedule. Portland, San Antonio and New Orleans are bunched within half a game of each other in the race to catch them. Portland is probably going to be without Dame for another week. When every loss is another nail in your coffin, that week could be critical. The Spurs haven't shown any ability to shift to a higher gear all season, but Pop is still their coach and they have a legit chance to keep their playoff streak alive. However, the Pelicans are the in-form team. Zion is for real, Brandon Ingram is figuring out how to feed the big kid and get his own too, JJ Redick is a professional sniper and Jrue Holliday is one of the most complete guards in the game. They've got the softest remaining schedule. Nola making a furious charge at Memphis with two impact rookies involved would make for a great finish to the regular season.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-22-2020)

Utah sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Utah sucks
    Didn't see the game, but from the boxscore it looks like Houston's small lineup rendered Gobert ineffective.

I think if Harden is shooting well, it makes Houston small line up pretty much impossible to defend. You have one of the best 3 pointers shooting well and the most aggressive PG in the league shooting well (even from 3 atm) and getting to the hoop at will because you can’t sacrifice a defender to double JH because it will leave the lane open for Russ.

If Harden shoots well, Houston has a legit chance to get to conference finals and slim chance at finals. I think the chip is just a step too far. I love that they’ve got all in tho.

Cuban lost his mind and went nuclear on twitter after the Mavs-Hawks game...I would expect another heavy fine.

Gaoltending was called whistle blows...refs review the call overturn it...but count the putback after the whistle had blown.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Nerlins Noel went 5 -5 from the floor, with 5 blocks, and 5 fouls in 15 minutes of game action tonight.

He is, IMO, the best worst backup center in the league and hasn't seemed to learn anything in the years he's been in the NBA.

He is the second-coming of JaVale McGee.

11. Likes:

M2 (02-23-2020)

Pellies are extremely young and have to learn to win the games they should if they want to stay in the playoff hunt.

They trail the Warriors by 10 late in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Pellies are extremely young and have to learn to win the games they should if they want to stay in the playoff hunt.

They trail the Warriors by 10 late in the first half.
    They sorted it out. Jrue went 23-7-15.

Bucks already locked up a playoff spot mathematically.....quickest to ever do it, although they are helped bad the bottom teams in the East.

15. Likes:

M2 (02-24-2020)

wow, the flood gate of tears opened quickly for Jordan at the Kobe memorial....

Ben Simmons injury update: 76ers star expected to miss extended time with back injury, per report
    Simmons is still undergoing evaluation to determine the full extent of his injury and how much time he'll miss

Ben Simmons will miss Monday night's game against the Atlanta Hawks with lower back tightness, according to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, and might be out much longer than that. Per Wojnarowski, Simmons is still undergoing evaluation to determine the extent of his injury, but it's already clear this isn't a day-to-day issue and he'll miss extended time. Tim Bontemps of ESPN added that the team expects a final answer within the next 24 hours.

The Philadelphia 76ers All-Star exited with lower back tightness in the first quarter of their 119-98 loss to the Bucks in Milwaukee on Saturday night. Simmons had his lower back evaluated on Sunday, but the team decided further evaluation was necessary.

Simmons played less than five minutes in the contest against the Bucks before exiting, never to return. He was in visible discomfort after he drove to the basket early on in the contest. Simmons also missed the Sixers' previous game against the Brooklyn Nets on Thursday night due to back soreness and was initially listed as questionable for Saturday.

Injuries haven't been much of an issue for Simmons over the course of his career to this point, as he missed only four total games during his first two seasons. The Sixers clearly hope the back issue isn't a serious one as they're in the midst of a tight battle for playoff positioning in the Eastern Conference. As their main offensive initiator, Simmons is central to what they do on that end of the floor, and he has also been playing elite defense all season. In short, the Sixers can't afford to be without him for long.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/b...ry-per-report/
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Brad Beal with another 50 burger in a loss to the Bucks last night. First player to score 50 on back to back nights since Kobe in 2007.

Sunday night at Chicago - 53 points
    Monday night vs. Milwaukee - 55 points

dare New Orleans to offer Ingram one penny less than the MAX this summer.....kid is a star....

20. Likes:

Stray (02-26-2020)

Tonight Hassan Whiteside scored 18 (8-12 from the floor) with 19 rebounds, but if you watched the game he was kind of useless. The Celtics wings abused him when he rotated onto them. He's just kind of in the way on offense. It was a stark example of how vestigial traditional bigs have become.

Turn Off Ads?