Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 616 to 630 of 983

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

  1. #616
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,096

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    The Ringer is going back and redoing every draft since 1996. They're four years in so far. Here's the archive - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/4...ftables-series.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  2. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (04-13-2020)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #617
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    810

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Caught the 4th Quarter of Game 7 in the 2010 NBA Finals (Lakers over Celtics) on ESPN tonight. There was this moment after the game where Kobe has Gigi on his shoulders and beside him are Stuart Scott and David Stern....with Lakers Assistant Coach Frank Hamblen in the background. It seems like that was just yesterday, and none of them are with us any longer. It kind of hit me hard when I realized it.
    I forgot Dr. Buss was on the stage also accepting the trophy beside Kobe.

  5. #618
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,096

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    The Bulls have given Nuggets GM Arturas Karnisovas full reign over their basketball operation - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/4...nisovas-garpax. Good news for the Bulls, but it kind of sucks for the Nuggets.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  6. #619
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,646

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Bulls have given Nuggets GM Arturas Karnisovas full reign over their basketball operation - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/4...nisovas-garpax. Good news for the Bulls, but it kind of sucks for the Nuggets.
    He's taking over a pretty good situation.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  7. #620
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,096

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    He's taking over a pretty good situation.
    Is he?

    Doesn't have extra draft picks and they're at least two seasons away from cap space. They've got some young players who maybe a better coach could mold into something. What interests me most is who Karnisovas chooses to keep and get rid of from that roster. His eye for talent has been pretty sound. So maybe he'll be in trader mode and the Bulls roster will get put on shuffle.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  8. #621
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,646

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Is he?

    Doesn't have extra draft picks and they're at least two seasons away from cap space. They've got some young players who maybe a better coach could mold into something. What interests me most is who Karnisovas chooses to keep and get rid of from that roster. His eye for talent has been pretty sound. So maybe he'll be in trader mode and the Bulls roster will get put on shuffle.
    I would move Porter.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  9. Likes:

    M2 (04-11-2020)

  10. #622
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,096

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I would move Porter.
    Certainly makes sense salary-wise. Wonder if they can trick someone into giving up a much lower cost version of Porter in exchange for Porter?
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  11. #623
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,758

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Kevin Love and Collin Sexton for Otto Porter and Lauri Markkenen.

    Who says no?

  12. #624
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Kevin Love and Collin Sexton for Otto Porter and Lauri Markkenen.

    Who says no?
    Probably the Bulls.

  13. #625
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,096

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Kevin Love and Collin Sexton for Otto Porter and Lauri Markkenen.

    Who says no?
    I think the Bulls do, but that's probably because I'm not a Sexton fan.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  14. #626
    Member Bourgeois Zee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,758

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think the Bulls do, but that's probably because I'm not a Sexton fan.
    Sexton really came on offensively as the season progressed. He's averaging 24+/3.5+/3.5+ since 2020 turned over. 25 more assists than TOs too.

    He doesn't defend at all, of course, and he'd need to learn how to distribute the ball rather than pound it into the ground, then make one-on-one plays. But a backcourt of White and Sexton (with LaVine at the wing) would be fun to watch. All three have play-making capabilities. (They average nearly 12 assists per game in toto.) Add Love (who could dust off those old full-court one-handed bombs after rebounding) and Carter (as the Bull inside), and they should be in the mix for the playoffs, IMO.

    The Cavs would get rid of some salary early, but, IMO, Sexton is the best player in this deal, and Love might be second-best.

  15. #627
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Sexton really came on offensively as the season progressed. He's averaging 24+/3.5+/3.5+ since 2020 turned over. 25 more assists than TOs too.

    He doesn't defend at all, of course, and he'd need to learn how to distribute the ball rather than pound it into the ground, then make one-on-one plays. But a backcourt of White and Sexton (with LaVine at the wing) would be fun to watch. All three have play-making capabilities. (They average nearly 12 assists per game in toto.) Add Love (who could dust off those old full-court one-handed bombs after rebounding) and Carter (as the Bull inside), and they should be in the mix for the playoffs, IMO.

    The Cavs would get rid of some salary early, but, IMO, Sexton is the best player in this deal, and Love might be second-best.
    They probably are the best players, but they’d be expensive for a while and I’m not sure they are anything close to contenders adding Sexton and Love.

  16. #628
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,096

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Sexton strikes me as the sort of guy you let run wild when your team is terrible. He'll give you empty points. Maybe he'll improve with age, but if I were the Bulls, I'd look to make White my PG moving forward and put a bunch of switchable wings around him. Sexton and LaVine on the floor at the same time would be some serious matador defense.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  17. Likes:

    adkindo (04-12-2020)

  18. #629
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Posts
    1,988

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Per RealGM:

    Otto Porter from Chicago Bulls
    Porter is in the last non-exercisable year of his contract and cannot be traded. However, next season is currently a player option and if is exercised, then the player can be traded.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

  19. Likes:

    Kingspoint (04-13-2020)

  20. #630
    Member Kingspoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,646

    Re: NBA 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Per RealGM:
    In the words of Sam McCloud, "Well, there ya' go".
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator