Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

Mark Cuban supports use of HGH in injury recovery

"It's time to recognize that HGH (Human Growth Hormone) can positively impact injury recovery," Cuban wrote. "I funded this study so that athletes can get back to full strength and doing what they love."
    I still am at a loss on why as a society we view HGH, anabolics/steroids, SARMS, etc. in such a universal negative light....and do so little research into them in advancing and improving our lives. I am not talking about a handful of Dbol to get big in the gym....but helping us as we age to live a better life, promoting strength and recovery, etc.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If Portland gets a legitimate shot to make the playoffs, I don't see how they lose another game.

Melo wore down at the end of the season, but he'll be fresh. Ariza looked great and inspired in his move to Portland. Dame will be the freshest he's been since his rookie season. Whiteside will be fresh. Nurkic is ready, Zach is ready, and Trent, Jr. looked better than C.J. the last month. That's as good of a Top-8 as any team in the league with a perfect balance of Offense, Defense, post-play, wing-play, 3-pt shooting, and of course, very good coaching (5-time Coach-of-the-Month Terry Stotts).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

NBA needs to get back, like as soon as possible. These guys are world class athletes, under 40 and in the best shape imaginable. Their risk to the virus is pretty much non existent. Figure out something and lets get back to it.

America needs sports, and not just the NBA. It needs other sports to get back to it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    If Portland gets a legitimate shot to make the playoffs, I don't see how they lose another game.

Melo wore down at the end of the season, but he'll be fresh. Ariza looked great and inspired in his move to Portland. Dame will be the freshest he's been since his rookie season. Whiteside will be fresh. Nurkic is ready, Zach is ready, and Trent, Jr. looked better than C.J. the last month. That's as good of a Top-8 as any team in the league with a perfect balance of Offense, Defense, post-play, wing-play, 3-pt shooting, and of course, very good coaching (5-time Coach-of-the-Month Terry Stotts).
    Put down the reefer.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

I’ve missed this

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-03-2020),Kingspoint (06-02-2020),M2 (06-02-2020),Revering4Blue (06-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Put down the reefer.
    31 years ago. The effect changed.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    NBA needs to get back, like as soon as possible. These guys are world class athletes, under 40 and in the best shape imaginable. Their risk to the virus is pretty much non existent. Figure out something and lets get back to it.

America needs sports, and not just the NBA. It needs other sports to get back to it as well.
    But, those of African descent are 1.9 times (not the 4.3 because of cultural differences) more likely to die from COVID-19 because of genetics according to the data compiled six weeks ago. Plus, these players have a lot more to lose. In addition, there is strong evidence of long-term health damage from those who have been infected, likely in part to the degree of intensity of the infection.

There is a real risk factor here, though it probably makes little difference now since the protests.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-03-2020 at 12:33 AM.

It's a Woj Bomb -

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    So the NBA's inviting 22 teams to Orlando: 13 Western Conference, 9 Eastern Conference. Eight-regular season games per team. Play-in for the 8th seeds. July 31-October 12. Vote tomorrow to ratify.
    The NBA's back.

The only real drama is going to be who gets the #9 seed in the West. No one's catching Memphis inside of eight games. Washington is the biggest winner here because it's guaranteed a play-in game, and it was only 1.5 games of Charlotte, which is staying home.

How they balance the schedule will be fascinating. The Pelicans, which had their hardest games front-loaded in the season and had a cush schedule for its remaining games, are getting a bit jobbed no matter how they lay it out. Yet the separation from 9-13 in the West is just 2.5 games. Probably the fairest way to do it would be to have each of those teams play twice to sort it out among themselves.

I think it’s really lousy that 8 teams/franchises/cities/fan bases just got told to piss off for 3.5 months.

It’s especially tone deaf given the massive public sentiment right now around ideas such as equality, respect, and inclusivity rather than marginalization.

This is the NBA. Aren't we supposed to marginalize bad basketball teams? Hockey is doing something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    I think it’s really lousy that 8 teams/franchises/cities/fan bases just got told to piss off for 3.5 months.

It’s especially tone deaf given the massive public sentiment right now around ideas such as equality, respect, and inclusivity rather than marginalization.
    Most of those teams and players don't want to risk their health for no chance at the playoffs.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-04-2020),Kingspoint (06-03-2020),Revering4Blue (06-05-2020)

The only real drama is going to be who gets the #9 seed in the West. No one's catching Memphis inside of eight games. Washington is the biggest winner here because it's guaranteed a play-in game, and it was only 1.5 games of Charlotte, which is staying home.

How they balance the schedule will be fascinating. The Pelicans, which had their hardest games front-loaded in the season and had a cush schedule for its remaining games, are getting a bit jobbed no matter how they lay it out. Yet the separation from 9-13 in the West is just 2.5 games. Probably the fairest way to do it would be to have each of those teams play twice to sort it out among themselves.
    Sounds like if the 8 seed can get out to a 4 game lead there isn't a play in game. So Washington isn't guaranteed anything.

It'll be interesting to see how they balance the 8 games that all the teams have to play. The schedule hasn't been equal to this point, but there won't be any "easy" games now that the bottom teams have been left home.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like if the 8 seed can get out to a 4 game lead there isn't a play in game. So Washington isn't guaranteed anything.

It'll be interesting to see how they balance the 8 games that all the teams have to play. The schedule hasn't been equal to this point, but there won't be any "easy" games now that the bottom teams have been left home.

Memphis caught a break. They had the league's toughest schedule waiting for them (meaning that they had played the league's easiest schedule up to this point), while they had lost 7 of their last 11 games before stoppage. That 3-1/2 lead would have been gone quickly, being passed up by probably four other teams, Sacramento (winners of 10 of 15 since the Ariza trade), San Antonio (getting healthy and having the experience of this time of the year), Portland (Best record in the league this time of the year the last three years, Nurkic coming back in a just a game or two, Collins in April, and the easiest schedule left in the league, of which they don't get to play now as those teams aren't going to be a part of this, though Portland ends up catching a break, too, as that groin injury looked bad for Lillard and Collins is ready now) and New Orleans (with Zion the new Annointed One).

Thu, Mar 12 @Portland
    Sat, Mar 14 @Utah
    Mon, Mar 16 @San Antonio
    Tue, Mar 17 vsOklahoma City
    Thu, Mar 19 @Milwaukee
    Sat, Mar 21 vsNew Orleans
    Tue, Mar 24 @New Orleans
    Wed, Mar 25 vsBoston
    Sat, Mar 28 vsToronto
    Mon, Mar 30 @Toronto
    Wed, Apr 1 vsNew York
    Fri, Apr 3 vsDallas
    Sun, Apr 5 @Portland
    Tue, Apr 7 @ Denver
    Sat, Apr 11 vsOklahoma City
    Mon, Apr 13 vsPhiladelphia
    Wed, Apr 15 @Houston
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-03-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Memphis caught a break.
    Miss me with that take. This is the 8 games the league has handed Memphis for this dealie:

Hardwood Paroxysm
    @HPbasketball
    · 26m
    Grizzlies’ next and final 8 games based on @VinceGoodwill reporting:

Portland
    Utah
    San Antonio
    Oklahoma City
    Milwaukee
    New Orleans
    New Orleans
    Boston
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Turn Off Ads?