Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020

Re: NBA 2019-2020

If the Philadelphia 76ers strike a deal to add a much-needed shooter to the roster before Thursday's trade deadline, it reportedly will not involve veteran big man Al Horford.

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on The Woj Pod (h/t Ky Carlin of USA Today Sixers Wire), the Sixers "don't want to" trade Horford because of his size and the belief that the combination of Horford and center Joel Embiid gives them the best chance to beat Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks in the playoffs.

While it remains to be seen how the Sixers will make the salaries work in a potential trade, Wojnarowski added that Philly wants to add a shooter after trading Landry Shamet to the Los Angeles Clippers last season and losing JJ Redick in free agency.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Zion met Giannis tonight and discovered the Freak brings a higher degree of difficulty. Zion went 5-18 from the field, while Giannis had a 34-17-6 night.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Jokic’ vision is incredible

5. Likes:

M2 (02-04-2020),Stray (02-05-2020)

Portland gets waxed 127-99 in Denver, because that's how you harness human potential to win a championship.

Dame finally cooled off, and the result is not good for Portland. Btw, I did not know PJ Dozier was on the Nuggets.....I loved that kid coming out of South Carolina....still think if he ever gets a chance, he can produce in the NBA.

PJ Tucker 40+ mins a night at the 5 then? What could go wrong?

If there ever was going to be a 4-team, 12-player trade in the NBA, you had a sneaking suspicion that Daryl Morey would be involved.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...12-player-deal

10. Likes:

M2 (02-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If there ever was going to be a 4-team, 12-player trade in the NBA, you had a sneaking suspicion that Daryl Morey would be involved.

That’s a pretty weird trade.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

Wow, a lot to unpack there.

- Houston wanted rid of Capella. It's a pretty damning statement about the usefulness of centers in the modern NBA. They basically made a statement that big stiffs mostly get in the way. Don't know if they're right, but it's a pretty bold stance. Basically, Robert Covington is now a center. (Side theory: someone might decide Aaron Gordon is really a modern center and trade for him before the deadline).

- The 2020 draft picks involved are going to fall outside the lottery in what might be the weakest draft in recent memory. Denver and Minnesota probably will try to use them to make another trade. Houston now has some cap space to make another deal as well.

- We'll see if Atlanta is any better. It gave up nothing of value, so it's worth the shot.

- Malik Beasley and Juancho should be given immediate starting gigs for the Wolves. Minnesota could have two steals on its hands. However, the player from the Nuggets it really could have used is Monte Morris (best bench PG in the NBA and someone would be wise to give him a starting gig). Still, potential windfall for the Wolves.

- The Nuggets shuffled a lot of bench players. I suspect it involves lining up for another move. Upgrading Gary Harris would seem to be the logical way to go.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post

- Houston wanted rid of Capella. It's a pretty damning statement about the usefulness of centers in the modern NBA. They basically made a statement that big stiffs mostly get in the way. Don't know if they're right, but it's a pretty bold stance. Basically, Robert Covington is now a center. (Side theory: someone might decide Aaron Gordon is really a modern center and trade for him before the deadline).

- The 2020 draft picks involved are going to fall outside the lottery in what might be the weakest draft in recent memory. Denver and Minnesota probably will try to use them to make another trade. Houston now has some cap space to make another deal as well.

- We'll see if Atlanta is any better. It gave up nothing of value, so it's worth the shot.

- Malik Beasley and Juancho should be given immediate starting gigs for the Wolves. Minnesota could have two steals on its hands. However, the player from the Nuggets it really could have used is Monte Morris (best bench PG in the NBA and someone would be wise to give him a starting gig). Still, potential windfall for the Wolves.

- The Nuggets shuffled a lot of bench players. I suspect it involves lining up for another move. Upgrading Gary Harris would seem to be the logical way to go.
    I'm hopeful they land Jrue from NO & ship out Harris, but that is probably easier said than done since Harris has a big contract and hasn't played well this season.

I love this deal for Minnesota.

Covington has been pretty poor as a 3-and-D guy as a T-Wolf.

Beasley and Hernangomez will start the rest of the season to see what they have.

A sleeper candidate could well be Jared Vanderbilt. He's a rebounding machine and could become an exceptional defensive player. I could see a Ben Wallace clone there. With Minnesota's roster (sans a PG), there may be enough shooting to let him play 30 mpg and not kill them offensively.

Sentiment from the dozens of locals who follow the Hawks generally like the trade. Only the Wizards give up more ppg so anyone who improves the defense is a good thing. 2+ years of Capella is better and more immediate help than anything they would get from the Brooklyn pick in the back half of this year’s first round. Hawks still keep their own (lottery) pick in the 2020 draft.

Finally, Hawks will shed a TON of contracts at the end of the season. They will have crazy cap space available going into 2021. The impact FAs won’t be there, but they will be able to take on contracts if it also means getting talent to go w Young/Collins/Capela/Heurter/Hunter.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-05-2020)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post

Dunno how this benefits Houston, TBH. GL with Anthony Davis/Jokic in the playoffs. Oh well, they can always shoot some more 3s.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    I'm hopeful they land Jrue from NO & ship out Harris, but that is probably easier said than done since Harris has a big contract and hasn't played well this season.
    If anybody gets Jrue, they win the trade deadline.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

The real questions is, how does this trade affect the greatness of Dame and the Portland Trailblazers? Does this open a slot for them to make the playoffs in the West?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Turn Off Ads?