Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which celebrity death affected you the most?

Re: Which celebrity death affected you the most?

Roberto Clemente for me was the first. I was only 9 and was shocked when I heard about on New Years day 1973. The getting that Topps card of him in 73 was a bit eerie.

Thurman Munson was shocking too. Then as goreds said seeing the game the next day on national TV was very sad and moving at the same time.

Jim Croce was one of the 1st celebrities I remember. I played his song Bad Leroy Brown on 45 record to death and was just little eerie after that hearing him on the radio or records.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

goreds2 (01-29-2020),North (01-30-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Nuxhall and Rich Mullins
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

5. Likes:

goreds2 (02-05-2020),marcshoe (02-03-2020)

Anytime one of the BRM passes.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

7. Likes:

goreds2 (02-05-2020)

Kobe, and it has not been close for me. As I have always claimed, celebrity deaths hit us hard when they have intertwined with out personal lives, and the emotion is more about us recollecting on the happy and sad times of the past. Others that effected me included Michael Jackson and Ronald Reagan....but nothing close to Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Being so remote from my own life, I'd say it's hard to really say celebrity deaths really have an effect on me, but I admit to remaining angry that John Lennon was stolen from us by a lunatic.
    As far as a "celebrity" death having any type of sound, lasting effect on me ... this is it. Still haunts me to this day whenever I listen to Beatles or Lennon songs.

You look at all the "casualties" of rock music, and he was a survivor. Only to be cut down by a deranged fan.
    Last edited by GAC; 02-06-2020 at 08:56 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

10. Likes:

SunDeck (02-10-2020)

Turn Off Ads?