Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Reds considering trading Nick Senzel

Re: Reds considering trading Nick Senzel

I do know this -- Nick Senzel isn't interested in being traded. He wants to be a Red and to thrive with this team. He's pretty determined
    When I read that tweet from C Trent why do I sense Trent is carrying the water for someone - but I can’t figure out why. Maybe it’s me.

I’m sure Nick will be determined and want to thrive with any team he is on.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 02-19-2020 at 03:33 PM.

2. Likes:

goldglover9 (02-19-2020),M2 (02-19-2020),Tom Servo (02-19-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

C Trent is the worst. We seem to have pretty bad luck with beat writers. Haven't liked him since he was so self righteous after the run in with BP/Dusty.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (02-20-2020),tripleaaaron (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Here's an interesting thought experiment:

Manny Machado straight up for Senzel, with the Reds responsible for all of Machado's salary?
    God no

7. Likes:

Crumbley (02-21-2020),goldglover9 (02-19-2020),Mitri (02-19-2020),Nathan (02-19-2020),Wonderful Monds (02-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer22 View Post
    C Trent is the worst. We seem to have pretty bad luck with beat writers. Haven't liked him since he was so self righteous after the run in with BP/Dusty.
    After pondering I think that quote above is a “sucking up to Nick (for that sweet access!)” tweet. It’s very possible I’m wrong but that’s how it comes across to me.

9. Likes:

Mitri (02-19-2020),REDREAD (02-20-2020)

Co-sign, Bogaerts or sit tight. Even with the opt out, I'd still load up a bit for both Padres and Sox for him. Lodolo, Mahle, Garcia, Senzel, Santillan, maybe some more, and we get Bogaerts and another prospect or two back from one or both of the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    After pondering I think that quote above is a “sucking up to Nick (for that sweet access!)” tweet. It’s very possible I’m wrong but that’s how it comes across to me.
    Or, maybe, that is his unfiltered note about the fact that Senzel really likes being with the Reds. Is that so hard to accept?
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

12. Likes:

OesterPoster (02-20-2020),Ron Madden (02-19-2020)

The Reds true need at the moment is a SS- they have Galvis for this season, and he's probably league average (I'm not doing a deep dive on numbers). Senzel has 5 years of team control, so any SS in return should be above league average and have multiple seasons of control. I can't see how the Reds move Senzel to SD and end up with Boegarts from Bos at this point, obviously there are multiple players from the other teams involved, but I'm going to venture that this doesn't happen until the trade deadline at best. I also think its more likely that the Reds get Lindor at the deadline without giving up Senzel.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Or, maybe, that is his unfiltered note about the fact that Senzel really likes being with the Reds. Is that so hard to accept?
    It is hard for me to accept that Trent wrote that without hoping that Senzel would see it. Sorry.

Theres just no news there. If Senzel was being a diva/troublemaker that would be news or tweet-worthy.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    The Reds true need at the moment is a SS- they have Galvis for this season, and he's probably league average (I'm not doing a deep dive on numbers). Senzel has 5 years of team control, so any SS in return should be above league average and have multiple seasons of control. I can't see how the Reds move Senzel to SD and end up with Boegarts from Bos at this point, obviously there are multiple players from the other teams involved, but I'm going to venture that this doesn't happen until the trade deadline at best. I also think its more likely that the Reds get Lindor at the deadline without giving up Senzel.
    I feel a deal has to be made before the trade deadline, because we don't know if this team will be in contention by then. More likely sellers than buyers by the trade dealine.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (02-20-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

It is hard for me to accept that Trent wrote that without hoping that Senzel would see it. Sorry.

Theres just no news there. If Senzel was being a diva/troublemaker that would be news or tweet-worthy.
    Or it's Trent passing along what's already been reported earlier this week when he was asked about all of the offseason rumors that he was in trade talks.

19. Likes:

ochoa30 (02-19-2020),OesterPoster (02-20-2020),Ron Madden (02-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Or it's Trent passing along what's already been reported earlier this week when he was asked about all of the offseason rumors that he was in trade talks.
    ‘I want to win here. I want to stay in Cleveland’: Francisco Lindor on his future and the Indians’ 2020 chances
    From ⁦@ZackMeisel

This stuff is boilerplate.

I get it, I'm cantankerous to be annoyed by Trent tweeting that out about Senzel. I just am not a fan of canned answers and reporting on them like they are the gospel of a player's inner soul. I still don't know what brought that up today to rehash old news that was reported a few days back. Were people questioning Nick's motives? If so it would make sense. As of now it doesn't. But that's on me I guess.

21. Likes:

goldglover9 (02-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's pretty clear by this point that the Padres are pretty smitten with Senzel given the similar rumors from last year. But it's unclear to me how things might work out with the Red Sox and Padres because besides Bogaerts there is no real obvious fit for the Reds.

I would suggest maybe they'd trade Senzel to SD for some prospects to then turn around and flip to Cleveland for Lindor, but you figure if that were on the table that the Padres would just do that trade for Lindor themselves given their interest in him.
    Honestly, I wouldn't need to flip to CLE for Lindor, if the prospects are good enough. Defensively, Lindor/Galvis is probably a wash, and offensively while it's not close, Galvis isn't going to kill the team. He's probably a 25 HR guy now, with a .300 OBP. The Reds could do worse batting 8th.

SD seems super eager right now. It also seems like none of their prospects are off limits. There is a real opportunity here to not hurt the current team while getting ready for the time that Lodolo and Greene arrive. To heck with rebuilding. now is the time to get the future in order while winning in the present, something the Cardinals have been good at for decades.

I wasn't impressed with Gore the time I saw him, but looking back, I think two things played into it: the altitude here in Amarillo is about 4000 feet and he gave up BOMBS. Plus he showed a real lack of maturity. He'll grow out of that.

Gore and Andrés Muñoz to Cincinnati for Senzel. Gore is at least 2 years away. (probably 1.5, I think he starts here in Amarillo this year) If you have to throw Boston in there, I'll take a prospect from them too.
    Last edited by TRF; 02-19-2020 at 05:54 PM.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Why would the Padres trade the best pitching prospect in the sport for an injury prone hitter that seemingly doesn’t have a position and did not hit well in his debut?

In short: they would not .
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't need to flip to CLE for Lindor, if the prospects are good enough. Defensively, Lindor/Galvis is probably a wash, and offensively while it's not close, Galvis isn't going to kill the team. He's probably a 25 HR guy now, with a .300 OBP. The Reds could do worse batting 8th.

SD seems super eager right now. It also seems like none of their prospects are off limits. There is a real opportunity here to not hurt the current team while getting ready for the time that Lodolo and Greene arrive. To heck with rebuilding. now is the time to get the future in order while winning in the present, something the Cardinals have been good at for decades.

I wasn't impressed with Gore the time I saw him, but looking back, I think two things played into it: the altitude here in Amarillo is about 4000 feet and he gave up BOMBS. Plus he showed a real lack of maturity. He'll grow out of that.

Gore and Andrés Muñoz to Cincinnati for Senzel. Gore is at least 2 years away. (probably 1.5, I think he starts here in Amarillo this year) If you have to throw Boston in there, I'll take a prospect from them too.
    That offer would perk my ears up. Senzel’s a big asset and if traded we need a prize in return.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

From ⁦@ZackMeisel

This stuff is boilerplate.

I get it, I'm cantankerous to be annoyed by Trent tweeting that out about Senzel. I just am not a fan of canned answers and reporting on them like they are the gospel of a player's inner soul. I still don't know what brought that up today to rehash old news that was reported a few days back. Were people questioning Nick's motives? If so it would make sense. As of now it doesn't. But that's on me I guess.
    What brought it up? The report at 11:30pm last night that Senzel's name was once again brought up in trade rumors.

I just think deep down somewhere this is about something else with regards to Trent or reporters with how you feel about them.

Turn Off Ads?