Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Reds considering trading Nick Senzel

Re: Reds considering trading Nick Senzel

Senzel, Galvis, Jose Garcia, Hunter Greene for Tatis and wil Myers whole contract

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vottofan4life View Post
    Senzel, Galvis, Jose Garcia, Hunter Greene for Tatis and wil Myers whole contract
    ::Padres laugh so hard they poop their pants::
    What would you say.....ya do here?

4. Likes:

GAC (02-20-2020),kaldaniels (02-19-2020),Spanky (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What brought it up? The report at 11:30pm last night that Senzel's name was once again brought up in trade rumors.

I just think deep down somewhere this is about something else with regards to Trent or reporters with how you feel about them.
    Not at all. I’m just a grouch.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    I have a trade that Id be ok with.

Red Sox get:
    Gore
    Lodolo
    Trammell
    Siani
    Fairchild
    Myers

Padres get:
    Senzel
    JBJ

Reds get:
    Bogaerts
    Have you been drinking?

7. Likes:

BoxingRed (02-20-2020),Rojo Rijo (02-20-2020)

It could be something much simpler. If the Sox’s are focused on SDs prospects and Will Myers as a cap dump type situation. Perhaps SD isn’t overly thrilled with anything the Sox can offer back so that’s where the Reds come in.

Red Sox’s get: Myers, Highend prospect they are targeting, Galvis.

Reds: Bogaerts

SD: Winker or Senzel maybe another decent prospect or two from one of the team.

EDIT: After looking I didn’t realize the kid of years Bogaets has had recently. Why would the Red Sox even look to move him. It would decently cost Senzel. In addition to another high prospect. But he’s signed for the next 6 years so that’s nice I guess. In my suggestion above the Red Sox’s take on a lot of Salary. Myers make 2 million more the Borgaerts (what moron gave him that deal) and Galvis is 5.5 so the Sox add nearly 8 million to there salary which I didn’t think they wanted to do. Not to mention the Reds add about 13 million to theirs.

Since Bogaerts is signed and controlled I wouldn’t be as concerned with giving up Senzel in that situation.

Bogaerts isn't under control for six years.

He can opt out after 2022 and he probably will

10. Likes:

North (02-20-2020)

My understanding of the Myers contract is that he will be making $20M but will only count for $13M against the luxury tax since it is based on AAV.

The attractiveness of that contract for the Red Sox is they don't care about spending the $, they just want to stay below the tax. So if Myers is actually dead weight that will bring a prospect or 2 with him, it's a nice way for Boston to extract value for this "re-set" or "re-build" they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    My understanding of the Myers contract is that he will be making $20M but will only count for $13M against the luxury tax since it is based on AAV.

The attractiveness of that contract for the Red Sox is they don't care about spending the $, they just want to stay below the tax. So if Myers is actually dead weight that will bring a prospect or 2 with him, it's a nice way for Boston to extract value for this "re-set" or "re-build" they are doing.
    That makes sense, but I don't think the Red Sox are punting the season even with the Betts trade. Myers might actually fit in the OF there with Verdugo opening the year on the DL I just don't thinkthey'll dump Bogaerts to get it. The line-up is still pretty formidable in Boston, what they need is another starting pitcher. My guess is any deal would have to include that and if Bogarts is involved, it would have to include a fairly high end starter. The Sox might be willing to take on Myers higher dollar commitment in exchange for somebody like Nathan Eovaldi's lower dollar, but higher cap commitment, but they aren't dealing Bogaerts and can't really afford to open another hole in the rotation.

The Reds should offer Aquino to help the Sox in the OF and add somebody like Mahle as a rotation option. The target should be Brandon Workman. The Reds could throw in somebody like Matt Bowman to fill the bullpen roster spot. If the sox want somebody like Santillan, I'd do it. My guess is that wouldn't be enough even though Workman hits the market after the season.
    Last edited by mth123; 02-20-2020 at 06:23 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

13. Likes:

REDREAD (02-20-2020)

Senzel was interviewed last night on the Reds Hot Stove League. Lookup podcast Reds Hot Stove League.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    That makes sense, but I don't think the Red Sox are punting the season even with the Betts trade. Myers might actually fit in the OF there with Verdugo opening the year on the DL I just don't thinkthey'll dump Bogaerts to get it. The line-up is still pretty formidable in Boston, what they need is another starting pitcher. My guess is any deal would have to include that and if Bogarts is involved, it would have to include a fairly high end starter. The Sox might be willing to take on Myers higher dollar commitment in exchange for somebody like Nathan Eovaldi's lower dollar, but higher cap commitment, but they aren't dealing Bogaerts and can't really afford to open another hole in the rotation.

The Reds should offer Aquino to help the Sox in the OF and add somebody like Mahle as a rotation option. The target should be Brandon Workman. The Reds could throw in somebody like Matt Bowman to fill the bullpen roster spot. If the sox want somebody like Santillan, I'd do it. My guess is that wouldn't be enough even though Workman hits the market after the season.
    Totally agree that it wouldn't be worth Bogaerts. Just was pointing out, in general, why Myers could be a Boston target

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    It is hard for me to accept that Trent wrote that without hoping that Senzel would see it. Sorry.

Theres just no news there. If Senzel was being a diva/troublemaker that would be news or tweet-worthy.
    I mean, ok? I guess I confess to being a bit surprised that Senzel is still reportedly super excited to be here - they've yanked him around to four positions (5?) in his time with the club and then via FA and trades stacked players in his way to steady playing time - and that's for a guy who made top 10 prospect lists. So, I read the C Trent tweet as being kinda newsworthy, at least to me. And was glad to hear that he is still all in on the Reds.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Perhaps Senzel is aware of his public image and has some media relation chops? It's not as though he has a suitcase full of professional accomplishments. Playing ones cards close to the vest seems to be prudent unless you are Nolan Arredondo

18. Likes:

Tomlin8 (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I mean, ok? I guess I confess to being a bit surprised that Senzel is still reportedly super excited to be here - they've yanked him around to four positions (5?) in his time with the club
    This is actually flattering. This means they like him enough that they want to get his bat in the lineup. It would be more upsetting for the organization to say "You're a 3rd baseman, we already have one of those. Welp, too bad"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Playing ones cards close to the vest seems to be prudent unless you are Nolan Arredondo
    Ah yes, Nolan Arredondo... the love child of Jose Arredondo and Nolan Arenado.

Good ball player, that kid...
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-21-2020),M2 (02-23-2020),westofyou (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Ah yes, Nolan Arredondo... the love child of Jose Arredondo and Nolan Arenado.

Good ball player, that kid...
    So many vowels

23. Likes:

The Operator (02-20-2020)

Turn Off Ads?