Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds considering trading Nick Senzel

Re: Reds considering trading Nick Senzel

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Thinking about destinations for Senzel. The Braves make lots of sense, with them sending Swanson back to the Reds. Senzel slots in at 2b with Albies moving to his natural SS position. That gives the Braves a tremendous middle infield for the next however many years. Swanson is still on the right side of 27 for the deal to make sense.
    Swanson is a great target.

He's underachieved so far in his career, but has some interesting Statcast numbers that indicate he's just outside the top quartile of hitters in most categories.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Shhhhhh ixnay on the ertigo-vay, Reds need top value in a Senzel trade.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Thinking about destinations for Senzel. The Braves make lots of sense, with them sending Swanson back to the Reds. Senzel slots in at 2b with Albies moving to his natural SS position. That gives the Braves a tremendous middle infield for the next however many years. Swanson is still on the right side of 27 for the deal to make sense.

Rangers, Dodgers, and maybe the Yankees. I don't see the Indians as a great match unless they're burning it down, which they aren't.
    I like the idea. Braves are looking to fill a void at 3B and seem to have lost confidence in Austin Riley. I’d think the Braves would actually need to provide a kicker to make this trade work though given the difference in years of control.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Wait. Doesn't everyone post in their skivvies already? What am I missing?
    Well, I'm at work..

and probably in my skivvies.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

6. Likes:

RedEye (01-27-2020)

Mark me down as a "no freaking way" when it comes to dealing Senzel for Dansby.

8. Likes:

DocRed (01-27-2020),HammerTime (01-27-2020),JarrodOnVinyl (01-28-2020)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Swanson is a great target.

He's underachieved so far in his career, but has some interesting Statcast numbers that indicate he's just outside the top quartile of hitters in most categories.
    What do the advanced defensive analytics say about his defense? On the surface his defense took a nosedive last year.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    We've talked a lot about Lindor, but if the Rockies move Arenado, the Senzel plus stuff for Trevor Story makes a ton of sense.

Yet there's something this rumor touches on that seems like it should be getting more media attention: are the Reds down on Senzel? They keep signing guys to play in spots they could give to him. Maybe it's health issues. Maybe they don't think his bat is going to develop. Maybe he's a little extra. Something's up.
    I'll speculate wildly on the little extra: I don't think Senzel has the sort of personality this FO and ownership want to invest in. He's a bit of a diva (and so is his father). The Senzels seem a bit entitled.

Reading between the lines, they signed Moose and Castellanos, two very good clubhouse guys who are notorious for their dedication in the gym and practice field. And yes, these two guys, and along with Shogo (another A+ character guy) all play the positions we had Senzel penciled in at for 2020 and beyond. I'm beginning to see a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I'll speculate wildly on the little extra: I don't think Senzel has the sort of personality this FO and ownership want to invest in. He's a bit of a diva (and so is his father). The Senzels seem a bit entitled.

Reading between the lines, they signed Moose and Castellanos, two very good clubhouse guys who are notorious for their dedication in the gym and practice field. And yes, these two guys, and along with Shogo (another A+ character guy) all play the positions we had Senzel penciled in at for 2020 and beyond. I'm beginning to see a trend.
    I think the writing is on the wall for Senzel. He's going to get traded. The big question is for who?

Would love to see one example of this so called "diva" non sense about Nick Senzel. Really don't get why fans have to attack someone's character as opposed to just discussing their value as a baseball player. Just don't get it. To me he's been a team first guy who has worked his ass off to be a big leaguer and I've never heard a single bad word about his character. Quite the contrary if anything.

13. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-27-2020),CaiGuy (01-27-2020),Griffey012 (01-27-2020),HammerTime (01-27-2020),JarrodOnVinyl (01-28-2020),OGB (01-27-2020),Old school 1983 (01-27-2020),Ron Madden (01-27-2020),Spike (01-27-2020),Stingray (01-28-2020)

That's garbage.

15. Likes:

Griffey012 (01-27-2020),HammerTime (01-27-2020),ochoa30 (01-27-2020),Ron Madden (01-27-2020)

I think with Senzel it's just another possible case of his and the Reds timelines no longer matching up, a bit like Peraza. I'm still very bullish on Senzel, but there is a legitimate case to be bearish. He turns 25 this season, he struggled down the stretch, and the injury issues are well documented.

I'd probably be shopping him for an impact player at SS, but I wouldn't settle for less than that just to get a deal done.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

17. Likes:

Edd Roush (01-27-2020),Griffey012 (01-27-2020),JCM11 (01-27-2020),OGB (01-27-2020),RedsRocker (01-27-2020),RiverRat13 (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by americanoutlaw1 View Post
    Mark me down as a "no freaking way" when it comes to dealing Senzel for Dansby.
    Ditto strong no. Swanson has been in the league for 4 full years now with an OPS barely above .700....he's not exactly a rookie. His stats aren't likely to get much better IMO. Plus he is only controlled for 3 more years. Heck his minor league numbers aren't even that good (sub .800 OPS).
    Last edited by DocRed; 01-27-2020 at 04:31 PM.

19. Likes:

marcshoe (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I think with Senzel it's just another possible case of his and the Reds timelines no longer matching up, a bit like Peraza. I'm still very bullish on Senzel, but there is a legitimate case to be bearish. He turns 25 this season, he struggled down the stretch, and the injury issues are well documented.

I'd probably be shopping him for an impact player at SS, but I wouldn't settle for less than that just to get a deal done.
    I would be good with Seager, Story and obviously Lindor. And I'd be fine with Senzel in a corner spot, too. But the writing on the wall is there.

21. Likes:

redsman2007 (01-27-2020)

I would be good with Seager, Story and obviously Lindor. And I'd be fine with Senzel in a corner spot, too. But the writing on the wall is there.
    I'd like Semien too, but would prefer to work out an extension with him as part of the deal.

23. Likes:

Frank Robinson (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by redsman2007 View Post
    I'd like Semien too, but would prefer to work out an extension with him as part of the deal.
    Senzel for Semien feels like too much. And I'd want more coming back with Seager too (JJ Gray would be sweet).

25. Likes:

RedsRocker (01-27-2020)

Turn Off Ads?