Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds considering trading Nick Senzel

Re: Reds considering trading Nick Senzel

Not much of a Swanson guy....as for Senzel I don’t see it as the team continually signing guys to replace him but rather them going out and getting the best available player at the time.....also his name keeps coming up imo because he’s the most attractive “piece” we have to deal for somebody impactful....if it were me I’d deal Aquino/Winker and keep Senzel but you’re not gonna get the same return

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Would love to see one example of this so called "diva" non sense about Nick Senzel. Really don't get why fans have to attack someone's character as opposed to just discussing their value as a baseball player. Just don't get it. To me he's been a team first guy who has worked his ass off to be a big leaguer and I've never heard a single bad word about his character. Quite the contrary if anything.
    I don't keep a clip file, but I do recall a few instances where it's come out that Senzel's a bit chippy. You can view it as being a type A guy or rightfully peeved about losing a service time year, but it could be something the organization views as getting in the way of performance.

It is notable that Senzel's name came ump as a trade candidate almost the moment Castellanos signed. Something's up with that. Either someone's talking to Heyman or they're shopping him openly enough for Heyman to hear about it. This is bit more public than I'd have expected. Add that to multiple acquisitions at positions Senzel might have played and I think it's fair to speculate that maybe there's more than just baseball driving this. I keep mentioning health, because we have very little information about Senzel's shoulder recovery, but maybe there's been some heads butting over that and vertigo situation. Can't say, but there's more to this story.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

TRF (01-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I would be good with Seager, Story and obviously Lindor. And I'd be fine with Senzel in a corner spot, too. But the writing on the wall is there.
    Seager is where I'm a bit iffy. If I was confident he could return to 2016/2017 Seager it wouldn't be a very hard call, but while he was certainly good last season he wasn't really that sort of impact player I want to move Senzel for.

Story and Lindor are an easy yes. Maybe Astros new management could be talked into re-opening talks about Correa...
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

If Senzel is traded who's your backup CFer? Certainly not Winker

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Lorenzen of course

8. Likes:

JCM11 (01-27-2020),M2 (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Seager is where I'm a bit iffy. If I was confident he could return to 2016/2017 Seager it wouldn't be a very hard call, but while he was certainly good last season he wasn't really that sort of impact player I want to move Senzel for.

Story and Lindor are an easy yes. Maybe Astros new management could be talked into re-opening talks about Correa...
    I like Correa the least of that grouping. My preference order is probably:

Lindor
    Story
    Seager
    Semien
    Correa

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Backup CF? Who cares? Ervin probably.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

11. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-28-2020),Benihana (01-27-2020),Griffey012 (01-27-2020),M2 (01-27-2020),Old school 1983 (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I like Correa the least of that grouping. My preference order is probably:

Lindor
    Story
    Seager
    Semien
    Correa
    I can't bring myself to include Semien if we're talking about dealing Senzel, since he only has one year left on his deal. Would need a conditional contract extension window if that was going to happen.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

M2 (01-27-2020),Old school 1983 (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    We still need to worry about having a backup at first base!
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

15. Likes:

GADawg (01-27-2020),M2 (01-27-2020),NebraskaRed (01-27-2020),Number_Fourteen (01-28-2020),OGB (01-27-2020),ScotlandRed (01-28-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    ... or Jankowski, or guy they pick up two days before the start of the season.

Some corresponding move HAS to be made in order to add Castellanos to the 40 man....correct?

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    This team will never be a contender unless it solves this problem.

I like Senzel. I think he's got a lot of potential. But his stint up here last season wasn't going to remind anyone of the great new prospects other teams have been churning out that have had almost immediate success. I get that he was hurt but that seems to be something that happens to him every season. If the Reds keep him around and he plays like he did last year and has another injury, his trade value is going to be in the dumper. Prospects have two purposes: To fill vacancies on the big league team and as trade chips. I realize a lot of people value him highly and they may be right. But not every hot shot prospect is going to be the next great player. Perhaps in our zeal to get that next great player we have overvalued Senzel. I certainly wouldn't trade him for nothing but I certainly wouldn't say he's untouchable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

20. Likes:

Frank Robinson (01-27-2020),GADawg (01-27-2020),jimbo (01-27-2020)

What about contacting Tampa about Willy Adames?

22. Likes:

mth123 (01-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Or who will play third when Suarez, Moustakas, Senzel, and Castellanos are injured.

24. Likes:

M2 (01-27-2020),REDREAD (01-28-2020)

Turn Off Ads?