Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: Jose Siri DFA

  1. #31
    Member corkedbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    11,237

    Re: Jose Siri DFA


  2. Likes:

    WrongVerb (03-11-2020)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    White Oak
    Posts
    138

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I would have expected San Francisco so he could be closer to Apple headquarters. Maybe Microsoft's trying to poach him.
    Nostradamus

  5. Likes:

    marcshoe (03-18-2020)

  6. #33
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    18,594

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    BUMP. Although he seems to have been around forever, Jose Siri is just 25. He's killing it for the Astros AAA farm squad. .348/.375/.609/.984. 9 doubles and 5 home runs in just 92 at-bats. Yes, he doesn't walk a lot, and yes he strikes a lot, but.....

  7. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    BUMP. Although he seems to have been around forever, Jose Siri is just 25. He's killing it for the Astros AAA farm squad. .348/.375/.609/.984. 9 doubles and 5 home runs in just 92 at-bats. Yes, he doesn't walk a lot, and yes he strikes a lot, but.....
    He's playing well but that league also is a hitters league. .805 average OPS

  8. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    After being shuttled to Seattle then San Francisco during the COVID season, Siri signed with the Astros and had a pretty great season.

    In just under 400 AAA PA this year, he slashed .318/.369/.552.

    Called up by the Astros when rosters expanded and has went bonkers in limited opportunities, six singles and four HR in 27 PA.

    It's just his age 25 season. Still a reasonable shot he could establish himself as a big leaguer. He was great for the Dragons and was fun to follow in the summer of 2017. Hope he makes it big.

  9. Likes:

    REDREAD (09-22-2021)

  10. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Figures and typical for this organization...

  11. #37
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    33,669

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    After being shuttled to Seattle then San Francisco during the COVID season, Siri signed with the Astros and had a pretty great season.

    In just under 400 AAA PA this year, he slashed .318/.369/.552.

    Called up by the Astros when rosters expanded and has went bonkers in limited opportunities, six singles and four HR in 27 PA.

    It's just his age 25 season. Still a reasonable shot he could establish himself as a big leaguer. He was great for the Dragons and was fun to follow in the summer of 2017. Hope he makes it big.
    Astros seem to be good at finding and developing bats so he landed in a good spot but I don’t know if I’m bullish on Jose’s continued MLB success, that glory can be fleeting.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  12. #38
    Moderator Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,963

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Jose's speed is going to give him plenty of chances to stick at the big league level. He might be a .230 hitter longterm in the bigs but he's got legit 30 SB a year speed.

  13. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (09-23-2021),REDREAD (09-22-2021)

  14. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    mason
    Posts
    950

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Good for him, I wonder if there is any chance he makes it onto a postseason roster

  15. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,176

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    More frustrating because he plays CF a position of need...

  16. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    13,055

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Jose's speed is going to give him plenty of chances to stick at the big league level. He might be a .230 hitter longterm in the bigs but he's got legit 30 SB a year speed.
    Agreed on his speed, power and defense. But he could just as easily hit .130 as a big leaguer, making guys like Aquino and Suarez look like Tony Gwynn.
    Go BLUE!!!

  17. Likes:

    RedTeamGo! (09-22-2021)

  18. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    mason
    Posts
    950

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Jose made the playoff roster, even with a broken pinkie. Looks like he may have a Billy Hamilton like role.

  19. Likes:

    BillDoran (10-07-2021)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator