Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Jose Siri DFA

  1. #16
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    39,704

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Siri claimed by Mariners.
    I missed the voting for our #15 prospect, but I now declare it officially funny.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    Member JaxRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    13,925

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Mariners to Reds: "All your prospects are belong to us"
    Last edited by JaxRed; 02-03-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

  4. Likes:

    NC Reds (02-09-2020)

  5. #18
    Moderator Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,168

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I missed the voting for our #15 prospect, but I now declare it officially funny.
    Probably the Mariners #14 prospect.

  6. #19
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Becoming an adult is probably the dumbest thing you could ever do.
    Posts
    9,669

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    I would have expected San Francisco so he could be closer to Apple headquarters. Maybe Microsoft's trying to poach him.
    And no birds sing - Keats

    The ditch is nearer - Lowell

  7. Likes:

    Edd Roush (02-03-2020),M2 (02-03-2020)

  8. #20
    Moderator Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,168

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    I wouldn't be upset if the Reds claimed the guy the Mariners put on waivers, in place of someone like Romano.

  9. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    238

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Still a little confused about this move. Don't understand the Reds loyalty to Schebler.

  10. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    7,125

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Surprised Siri was claimed, but makes sense for a rebuilding squad with excess 40-man room to take a chance.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

  11. #23
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    13,568

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    For those wondering how the Reds are going to replace Josť “he can play elite defensive CF at the major league level RIGHT NOW but will never be able to hit enough to make it to the bigs” Siri, the reds have a Mike Siani for that.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  12. #24
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    13,568

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild03 View Post
    Still a little confused about this move. Don't understand the Reds loyalty to Schebler.
    Siri can’t hit to save his life. The first four year of Schebler’s major league career were actually pretty solid OPS wise and include a season in which he hit 30 homers. Isn’t exactly rocket surgery.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  13. #25
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    49,394

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Siri can’t hit to save his life. The first four year of Schebler’s major league career were actually pretty solid OPS wise and include a season in which he hit 30 homers. Isn’t exactly rocket surgery.
    There's a few differences, though: Siri can go to Triple-A this year, Schebler can't. Siri isn't coming off of surgery, Schebler is. The question isn't always who is the best player, it's who is the best fit. Where does Schebler fit? Senzel, Akiyama, Castellanos, Winker are the starters, right? Schebler, Ervin, Payton, Jankowski all can't go to the minors without clearing waivers. The team isn't carrying eight outfielders. Even if it wasn't Schebler, it was a bit surprising that it was Siri, who had options and could be sent down. But maybe I'm just overthinking it.

  14. Likes:

    BillDoran (02-03-2020),BuckWild03 (02-04-2020),HokieRed (02-04-2020)

  15. #26
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    13,568

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    There's a few differences, though: Siri can go to Triple-A this year, Schebler can't. Siri isn't coming off of surgery, Schebler is. The question isn't always who is the best player, it's who is the best fit. Where does Schebler fit? Senzel, Akiyama, Castellanos, Winker are the starters, right? Schebler, Ervin, Payton, Jankowski all can't go to the minors without clearing waivers. The team isn't carrying eight outfielders. Even if it wasn't Schebler, it was a bit surprising that it was Siri, who had options and could be sent down. But maybe I'm just overthinking it.
    They both probably fit off the 40 man in someone else’s organization.

    I think the Reds realized Siri was bad and just decided to move on.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  16. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    28,764

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Siri claimed by Mariners.
    And now a Giant off waivers.

  17. #28
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Wow. The Mariners must have been quite "unimpressed" by him. Only 12 ABs and they decide he's not even worth a 40 man roster spot

  18. #29
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    13,568

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Wow. The Mariners must have been quite "unimpressed" by him. Only 12 ABs and they decide he's not even worth a 40 man roster spot
    He can’t hit
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  19. #30
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: Jose Siri DFA

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He can’t hit
    Neither can Billy Hamilton. What is it with the Giants?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator