Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jose Siri DFA

Re: Jose Siri DFA

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Siri claimed by Mariners.
    I missed the voting for our #15 prospect, but I now declare it officially funny.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mariners to Reds: "All your prospects are belong to us"
    Last edited by JaxRed; 02-03-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

4. Likes:

NC Reds (02-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I missed the voting for our #15 prospect, but I now declare it officially funny.
    Probably the Mariners #14 prospect.

I would have expected San Francisco so he could be closer to Apple headquarters. Maybe Microsoft's trying to poach him.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-03-2020),M2 (02-03-2020)

I wouldn't be upset if the Reds claimed the guy the Mariners put on waivers, in place of someone like Romano.

Still a little confused about this move. Don't understand the Reds loyalty to Schebler.

Surprised Siri was claimed, but makes sense for a rebuilding squad with excess 40-man room to take a chance.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

For those wondering how the Reds are going to replace José “he can play elite defensive CF at the major league level RIGHT NOW but will never be able to hit enough to make it to the bigs” Siri, the reds have a Mike Siani for that.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWild03 View Post
    Still a little confused about this move. Don't understand the Reds loyalty to Schebler.
    Siri can’t hit to save his life. The first four year of Schebler’s major league career were actually pretty solid OPS wise and include a season in which he hit 30 homers. Isn’t exactly rocket surgery.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Siri can’t hit to save his life. The first four year of Schebler’s major league career were actually pretty solid OPS wise and include a season in which he hit 30 homers. Isn’t exactly rocket surgery.
    There's a few differences, though: Siri can go to Triple-A this year, Schebler can't. Siri isn't coming off of surgery, Schebler is. The question isn't always who is the best player, it's who is the best fit. Where does Schebler fit? Senzel, Akiyama, Castellanos, Winker are the starters, right? Schebler, Ervin, Payton, Jankowski all can't go to the minors without clearing waivers. The team isn't carrying eight outfielders. Even if it wasn't Schebler, it was a bit surprising that it was Siri, who had options and could be sent down. But maybe I'm just overthinking it.

14. Likes:

BillDoran (02-03-2020),BuckWild03 (02-04-2020),HokieRed (02-04-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    There's a few differences, though: Siri can go to Triple-A this year, Schebler can't. Siri isn't coming off of surgery, Schebler is. The question isn't always who is the best player, it's who is the best fit. Where does Schebler fit? Senzel, Akiyama, Castellanos, Winker are the starters, right? Schebler, Ervin, Payton, Jankowski all can't go to the minors without clearing waivers. The team isn't carrying eight outfielders. Even if it wasn't Schebler, it was a bit surprising that it was Siri, who had options and could be sent down. But maybe I'm just overthinking it.
    They both probably fit off the 40 man in someone else’s organization.

I think the Reds realized Siri was bad and just decided to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Siri claimed by Mariners.
    And now a Giant off waivers.

Wow. The Mariners must have been quite "unimpressed" by him. Only 12 ABs and they decide he's not even worth a 40 man roster spot

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Wow. The Mariners must have been quite "unimpressed" by him. Only 12 ABs and they decide he's not even worth a 40 man roster spot
    He can’t hit

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He can’t hit
    Neither can Billy Hamilton. What is it with the Giants?

Turn Off Ads?