Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Suarez has surgery

Re: Suarez has surgery

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    I had to look up what loose bodies mean.

https://www.stoneclinic.com/loose-body-knee-joint

The article cites these causes:

Injury to cartilage during trauma or sports can lead to the formation of a loose body.

Osteoarthritis or Charcot's disease, but the secondary cause is direct or indirect trauma.

Fibrinous loose bodies in case of inflammatory conditions of the knee.

Synovial chondromatosis (also called synovial osteochondromatosis) is rare; synovium grows abnormally and produces nodules made of cartilage.
    I had loose bodies in my foot this past spring after I walked too much on a broken toe. On the one hand, it was painful, but on the other, when I started doing what the doctor said and took my antibiotics (which, I suppose, points to an additional problem) it healed quickly. I choose to be confident that Geno's will heal just as quickly.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Was it from getting banged up or stressed from working out? I suppose since they said “injury in a pool” rather than “injury while swimming” it’s probably the former.

Last edited by GAC; 01-30-2020 at 04:59 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Maybe he'll be back by the All Star break.

Hopefully they can stay in the hunt that long and make a run at it the rest of the way. The pitching should keep them close.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

5. Likes:

REDREAD (01-31-2020)

If he is out for more than a week of the regular season (and Senzel is healthy), I'm with those that would move Moose to 3B, Nick to 2B with an OF of Castellanos, Shogo & Winker/Aquino until Geno returns. Not sure it's in the cards, but I'm still holding out hope for a Holt signing.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 01-30-2020 at 09:35 PM.

7. Likes:

goreds2 (01-31-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Maybe he'll be back by the All Star break.

Hopefully they can stay in the hunt that long and make a run at it the rest of the way. The pitching should keep them close.
    It's like getting a guy in a trade at the deadline, right!?!?!?

9. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-03-2020),Crumbley (02-05-2020),malcontent (02-01-2020),marcshoe (01-30-2020),REDREAD (01-31-2020),wheels (01-31-2020)

He'll be OK. And we'll be fine. Have I ever lied to you people?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-31-2020),goreds2 (01-31-2020),mbgrayson (01-31-2020),wheels (01-31-2020)

You know who i think would be a great option if the price is right? Brian Dozier as a backup for both 2nd and SS. His offense wasn't great, but he did hit 20 HRs last year with the Nats. That would let them move Moose to 3rd short term and provide excellent depth at both positions. This of course is assuming he's not asking for the moon, stars and the sun after winning a ring with the Nats last year. At his age he's pretty good for depth. He'll never swipe 20 bases again, but he's not gonna boot 30 balls in the IF either..
    Last edited by allpurpose; 01-31-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Well, you DO have that goofy looking picture of Goober for your avatar. That alone is a strike against... uhmm...nothing in particular. You asked and I sort of, kind of delivered however poorly.
    Last edited by allpurpose; 01-31-2020 at 07:01 AM.

14. Likes:

GAC (02-01-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    If he is out for more than a week of the regular season (and Senzel is healthy), I'm with those that would move Moose to 3B, Nick to 2B with an OF of Castellanos, Shogo & Winker/Aquino until Geno returns. Not sure it's in the cards, but I'm still holding out hope for a Holt signing.
    I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all this Holt love. The guy's BA has been all over the place from .297 to .200 as late as 2017. You really don't know which guy you're gonna get with Holt, the top of the lineup guy or the pitchers slot in the batting order.. I'm trying to decide if he's a HOFer or a schizophrenic utility player..
    Last edited by allpurpose; 01-31-2020 at 07:07 AM.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (01-31-2020)

Even if you end up being wrong, you're not technically lying.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by allpurpose View Post
    I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all this Holt love. The guy's BA has been all over the place from .297 to .200 as late as 2017. You really don't know which guy you're gonna get with Holt, the top of the lineup guy or the pitchers slot in the batting order.. I'm trying to decide if he's a HOFer or a schizophrenic utility player..
    Talk about cherry picking. Holt only had 140 AB the season he hit .200, and he still put up a .305 OBP that year. He's a .271 career hitter with a .340 OBP and he's bettered his career average in those stats the past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Even if you end up being wrong, you're not technically lying.
    Risk management based on circular logic.

They removed loose cartilage from his shoulder, sling 3-5 days, rehab immediately follows, limited activity in ST, and team anticipates he'll be ready to play toward the beginning of the season.

I simply take it for what it is. Nothing more. But before we start to "panic", shuffling players here and there to fill this "void". Lets first see how things progress, and if we even need to.

It's like watching an episode of Leave It To Beaver - "He'll be OK June! Put a band-aid on it" LOL
    Last edited by GAC; 02-01-2020 at 04:20 AM.

20. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-01-2020),Ron Madden (02-01-2020),wheels (02-03-2020)

Risk management based on circular logic.

They removed loose cartilage from his shoulder, sling 3-5 days, rehab immediately follows, limited activity in ST, and team anticipates he'll be ready to play toward the beginning of the season.

I simply take it for what it is. Nothing more. But before we start to "panic", shuffling players here and there to fill this "void". Lets first see how things progress, and if we even need to.

It's like watching an episode of Leave It To Beaver - "He'll be OK June! Put a band-aid on it" LOL
    It was more or less or some kinda nod to Camus(ian) existentialist absurdism.

I'm too old to panic over sports.

22. Likes:

M2 (02-03-2020),TRF (02-04-2020)

* Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Suarez took swings Friday. Threw earlier in week

He’s trending up

Hopes to start OD

Turn Off Ads?