Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Suarez has surgery

Re: Suarez has surgery

The good feelings lasted 24 hours.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Likes:

Crumbley (01-29-2020),Falls City Beer (01-28-2020),Number_Fourteen (01-28-2020),REDREAD (01-29-2020),Spider Tre (01-29-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I still don’t think we’ll start 1-8 even if E is out for the first week or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    From Reds Twitter:

Eugenio Suárez today had surgery to remove loose cartilage in his right shoulder, an injury suffered recently in a swimming pool. His physical activity will be limited at beginning of spring training. We anticipate him to be ready to play near the beginning of the regular season.
    No way to spin this, it’s potentially bad news for The Reds. Depending on when Suarez’s injury occurred, it obviously could be why The Reds went after Moustakas in the free agent market AND secured what fans thought was an extra outfielder. Insurance at third base, Senzel to second. Because the Reds ideally needed catcher and shortstop upgrades for offense, signing Moustakas for second base never made sense to me. I also didn’t get why they let both Gennett AND Iglasius get away...I liked them both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get well soon Geno, praying for a speedy recovery.

7. Likes:

smixsell (01-29-2020)

Happened a week to 10 days ago.....
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

9. Likes:

REDREAD (01-29-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by HDBoy View Post
    No way to spin this, it’s potentially bad news for The Reds. Depending on when Suarez’s injury occurred, it obviously could be why The Reds went after Moustakas in the free agent market AND secured what fans thought was an extra outfielder. Insurance at third base, Senzel to second. Because the Reds ideally needed catcher and shortstop upgrades for offense, signing Moustakas for second base never made sense to me. I also didn’t get why they let both Gennett AND Iglasius get away...I liked them both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The injury happened 7 to 10 days ago he came to Cincinnati Friday for an exam and they found out then he would have surgery today.

11. Likes:

Griffey012 (01-29-2020)

I see Moustakas at third.

Either Van Meter, Blandino, Farmer or new utility man at second until Geno comes back.

IMO OFers stay in the OF.

I always figured VanMeter starting in AAA. I assumed the other spot was between Farmer and Blandino and I would lean towards Farmer because he can catch. IF Suarez misses some time I assume Van Meter or Blandino makes squad. Without knowing spring stats, I'd lean towards VanMeter.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Did Joey Votto push him into the deep end during the annual Pool party?

The least he could have done is wait for opening day and slide awkwardly at 3B and spend the rest of year waiting for the Reds to find an actual replacement.

15. Likes:

RedEye (01-28-2020)

C. トレント・ローズクランズ
    @ctrent
    Nick Krall said the team is still looking at its options for 3B but when asked said, “I don’t see Nick Senzel going to play 3B at the beginning of the season.”
    C. トレント・ローズクランズ
    @ctrent
    Krall said Suárez will be in a sling for 3-5 days and then start rehab
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 01-28-2020 at 06:57 PM.

This is why Reds should trade an outfielder and add a high level utility player, primarily an infielder.

They have OF depth, not IF depth. Need to protect the stars in the infield with better backup.

Ugh....this makes a trade of Senzel even more unlikely now as you can put him at 2nd and Moose at 3rd.
    Last edited by DocRed; 01-28-2020 at 07:02 PM.

FWIW if all they did was clean it out without structural repairs then he SHOULD be ready by opening day unless they just want to be extra careful. My worry is that this could be a lingering injury as a cleanup mean there is already some baseline wear and tear to either the cartilage or labrum or both.
    Last edited by DocRed; 01-28-2020 at 07:06 PM.

20. Likes:

drowg14 (01-29-2020)

Time to sign Brock Holt.

22. Likes:

corkedbat (01-28-2020),Gallen5862 (01-28-2020),Kc61 (01-28-2020),klw (01-28-2020),Kurt Stillwell (01-28-2020),Nathan (01-28-2020),ochoa30 (01-28-2020),Old school 1983 (01-28-2020),RedEye (01-28-2020)

Even by curse of Cincinnati standards this is hilarious.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Turn Off Ads?