Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Dark horse 26th-man candidates - Position Players

Re: Dark horse 26th-man candidates - Position Players

I'm still wondering if there's any interest in signing Brian Dozier as a legit backup for SS and 2nd. He's still an UFA. His BA wasn't much last year, but did hit 20 HRs for the Nats. If nothing else he could fill a short term need in Suarez's absence with Moustakas @ 3rd, but I have no idea what his asking price might be after making 6M last year in Washington. If he stays an UFA much longer his asking price pretty much has to go down I would think.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by allpurpose View Post
    I'm still wondering if there's any interest in signing Brian Dozier as a legit backup for SS and 2nd. He's still an UFA. His BA wasn't much last year, but did hit 20 HRs for the Nats. If nothing else he could fill a short term need in Suarez's absence with Moustakas @ 3rd, but I have no idea what his asking price might be after making 6M last year in Washington. If he stays an UFA much longer his asking price pretty much has to go down I would think.
    I Like Dozier, but he can't play SS. I think Senzel should be the primary 2B back-up. As is, I think Farmer is the best option to back-up SS, but not if somebody is needed everyday due to a injury. I'd sign a minor league FA and stick him in AAA. I'm not against adding a big league player and reducing Galvis role. I'd sign Brock Holt or Tim Beckham in a heartbeat and give either a chance to win a share of the job.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I think with the changes we've seen introduced by the Rays and the Dodgers, we should stop thinking of a 5 man bench and instead trying to get the most flexibility out of all 13 position players.

5. Likes:

mth123 (02-02-2020)

Turn Off Ads?