Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best TV Series Finales

Re: Best TV Series Finales

Newhart finale:

Last edited by klw; 02-01-2020 at 08:35 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've said it before but......

Suzanne Pleshette !!!!!!!!!
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

4. Likes:

RedsBaron (02-01-2020)

In 1991 the cast of "The Bob Newhart Show" reunited for a TV special. Still in character, Bob Newhart as Bob Hartley is telling Suzanne Pleshette as Emily and the rest of the gang about this strange dream he had of being a Vermont innkeeper.
    In the final scene, the whole group is leaving, but by the time everyone else gets on the elevator it is so crowded that Bob tells them to go ahead and he will take the other elevator. After the elevator door closes Bob goes over to the other elevator, presses the button and the elevator door opens to reveal three strange looking elevator repairmen.
    One of the repairmen then says: "Hi, I'm Larry. This is my brother Darryl. This is my other brother Darryl." [Yes, it's the same actors playing those characters as in "Newhart"].
    Bob Newhart does his classic doubletake. He then says "I think I'll take the stairs."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

6. Likes:

goreds2 (02-06-2020),Roy Tucker (02-16-2020)

Cheers.

No other arguments are valid.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

goreds2 (02-06-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Cheers.

No other arguments are valid.
    Better than the finale was the Leno show that night when the cast went on together live, and totally hammered.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

10. Likes:

goreds2 (02-06-2020)

I have The Good Place finale recorded and will try to watch it tonight.

I'm one of those outliers who believed the Lost finale was nearly perfect. By that point, everyone should have known that the many theories and mysteries were red herrings, that what mattered were the charactes. Breaking Bad worked very well, bringing it all around. I loved the St. Elsewhere finale, although in a way I wished it had left a few open doors. It wasn't exactly meticulously thought out, but was the only one of several outlandish ideas, including Boston being nuked, that the writers suggested that producers would approve. The last scene of the Homicide reunion/finale tied it all up well, with a newly-dead regular walking into the squad room and joining the previously dead characters in a game of poker. Sorry for the spoiler, if you call it that.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 02-02-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

12. Likes:

M2 (02-02-2020),TheBigLebowski (02-03-2020)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I have The Good Place finale recorded and will try to watch it tonight.

I'm one of those outliers who believed the Lost finale was nearly perfect. By that point, everyone should have known that the many theories and mysteries were red herrings, that what mattered were the charactes. Breaking Bad worked very well, bringing it all around. I loved the St. Elsewhere finale, although in a way I wished it had left a few open doors. It wasn't exactly meticulously thought out, but was the only one of several outlandish ideas, including Boston being nuked, that the writers suggested that producers would approve. The last scene of the Homicide reunion/finale tied it all up well, with a newly-dead regular walking into the squad room and joining the previously dead characters in a game of poker. Sorry for the spoiler, if you call it that.
    And with Lost, most of the answers were out there, if you wanted to find them. Go to lostpedia.fandom.com. The answer to every nagging question you may have is there somewhere.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

14. Likes:

marcshoe (02-03-2020)

They call me "chef"

Good Place finale was good but it filled me with existential dread more than bittersweet hope.

D.L. linked to a fan list at one point and said that while he couldn't endorse the whole list It was largely helpful. (he also retweeted what I said above, in OldTwitter form )

The Good Place finale tore me up a little. I'm still too close to personal loss, I guess.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy I was a big fan off.

On the other end even as a sitcom How I Met Your Mother ending was awful.

"The Truman Show"
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

19. Likes:

marcshoe (02-06-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Unlike Seinfeld final, just awful.
    It was downright terrible! And I love Seinfeld.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?