• 1B Rylan Thomas

0 0%
  • 3B Michael Triana

0 0%
  • C Eric Yang

4 12.12%
  • Other - Specify in Comments

1 3.03%

Thread: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #22 Prospect???

2019-2020: Who is the Reds #22 Prospect???

LHSP'er Packy Naughton has taken the #21 slot.

Please, discuss why you are voting for who you are voting for.....this is a slow time of the year so it's more than welcomed.

^If you are voting other, please make sure to tell me who the other vote is for in the comment section.

***THIS IS A 96 HOUR POLL***

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2019-2020: Who is the Reds #22 Prospect???

I voted for Ibandel Isabel on upside. Sure, the odds are he won't make it all the way to stardom, but he's come far enough now that he might get a shot, given his power numbers. And his middle name suggests a knowledge of geometry that could help him adjust. Alex Powers is also a prime candidate at this point.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

I think it's time I joined the Yang Gang.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

When Castro is hitting .315 with 22 HR's at the ASB this year...

ok that might be a bit much. I'm always overly optimistic in the time after the stupid bowl and Opening Day.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I'm voting for Mac Sceroler until he's off the board.

He was slightly old for his level last year (1.1 yrs) but that was due in part too a nagging strained oblique muscle he suffered the year before - which set him back.

The 2017 fifth rounder is a tall and lean righty - 6'4" / 215 - with good stuff and a good repeatable delivery. He's also got pedigree on his side - as his maternal uncle, Ben McDonald, is a former #1 overall draft pick and eventual Orioles starting pitcher (198 starts in the majors).

He still has #4/5 rotation trajectory, but if his changeup doesn't continue to develop this year, I see a progression to the pen, and a quick one at that - he was a closer his RS-F year of college before becoming a starter - so he has some experience in that department. If that happens I see his already good 9.8 K/9IP rate to climb since he's currently sporting an above average 92-96 mph fastball with solid command (only 29 BB's in 117 IP last year).

His 2nd half last year was especially impressive, in 14 high-A starts he averaged 5.5 inning per start with a .215 BAVG against, only 2.3 BB/9IP and a low 0.8 HR/9IP.

I expect him to start the year in the AA rotation and be one of the first guys called to AAA in case of an injury there.

7. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-09-2020),mace (02-03-2020)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Ok sure, Minier again for me.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

At this point, I'm focusing on the general area.

For example, I have Wendell Marrero, Eric Yang, and Fidel Castro as the next three off my board, but it's a coin flip as to who might be first.

Perhaps allowing for three votes in the poll might prove more successful?

Miguel Medrano. Excellent K per inning and K to W numbers. Will be watching him closely this year at Dayton (i assume).

11. Likes:

Mitri (02-04-2020)

Let's keep voting folks, it's way too early in the process to see selections winning by 1 or 2 votes and receiving less than 20% of the overall vote. If that's what is going to happen, I'd rather just finish the top prospects poll and list everyone else in an "others" section.

At this point we are getting to the point where most of these remaining prospects will never get to the majors and few people have ever heard of them. It to the point of drawing a name out of the hat.

I missed the vote, but I'm in on Clementina. I see him continuing to put the offense together to profile as a future rotation catcher.
    I never saw any photographic evidence that really showed it off, but I heard last year Hendrick went from a pudgy guy to a brick sh*thouse. Looking forward to year two of that from a catcher who's still fairly young.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Turn Off Ads?