Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Passan: Betts to Dodgers official; Pending physical

Re: Passan: Betts to Dodgers official; Pending physical

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    I think we should reach out to our brethren in blue and offer a helping hand by taking Corey Seager off their hands.
    I'd even settle for Stripling.

2. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (02-10-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I guess the Dodgers weren't sold on the season Jeter had...traded twice in a little over a year.
    They played him almost exclusively at SS, too, after the Reds had moved him primarily to 2B the year before.

One reason I was ok with his inclusion in the Puig trade was that I bought what the Reds player development department was selling about him being a future 2B.
    If he can play SS, he's a different prospect altogether.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    My point is moreso how is Winker worth a quality major league SS if Pederson, who is a better player, was just traded for nothing?
    Haven't you realized that once you put on a Red's uniform their market value triples in the minds of a lot of their fans? LOL

No disrespect to WM, because I've seen this "attitude" a lot on this forum over the years when it comes to valuing their own players. But the logic is, someone starts a thread "What Are We Going To Do About (position) Because So-and-So Ain't working Out? Lets trade So-and-So to upgrade another premium position.

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

6. Likes:

REDREAD (02-11-2020)

Jair Camargo C final piece going from LAD to Twins

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=camarg000jai

When you've got an angry fan base, probably best for the owner not to come out with a self-contradicting word salad that translates to "you don't understand business."

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/02/...-with-cbt-tax/
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    When you've got an angry fan base, probably best for the owner not to come out with a self-contradicting word salad that translates to "you don't understand business."

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/02/...-with-cbt-tax/
    Are they really angry enough that it will hurt attendence and TV Ratings though?
    I can see them being mad , kind of like how we got mad that Neagle was dumped when the team was still in 2nd place, but is it mad enough to make a real impact? Just asking, not trying to argue.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Are they really angry enough that it will hurt attendence and TV Ratings though?
    I can see them being mad , kind of like how we got mad that Neagle was dumped when the team was still in 2nd place, but is it mad enough to make a real impact? Just asking, not trying to argue.
    We'll have to see. It's entirely possible tourists replace fans, but raising already absurd ticket prices while moving your best player since Yaz has the local level of disgust running high.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (03-03-2020)

Turn Off Ads?