Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 66 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Not sure what that first response was - this link is to a another unreal stat regarding Burrow. Ah, the comments under the tweet - I don’t usually read those.
    Last edited by membengal; 02-20-2020 at 09:41 PM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Not sure what that first response was - this link is to a another unreal stat regarding Burrow.
    What's with the Steeler fan saying "the Bengals will ruin his career"? Hell, it's the Steelers who ruin careers. Kimo did more to ruin CP's career than anything the Bengals did

4. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-20-2020)

#Bengals WR Tyler Boyd is one of just 11 NFL WRs to have 1000+ receiving yards in each of the last two seasons (2018+2019). Boyd turned 25 in November and is very likely to have Joe Burrow throwing him passes in 2020 as the top target
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-21-2020)

8. Likes:

Spanky (02-20-2020)

If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

10. Likes:

Spanky (02-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Really, really good. Thanks for link to it.

The idea that the Bengals will "ruin" Burrow is silly. We know that Mike Brown loves skill players, so Burrow will be surrounded by weapons. The Bengals have been hit or miss at offensive line (with the past couple of years being a disaster) the past two decades, but overall I'm confident Burrow will put in a good offensive situation as far as a supporting cast for the majority of his career in Cincinnati.

Burrow will also get paid if he produces. Carson was given the largest contract in the NFL. Dalton signed a team-friendly deal as far as being able to get out of it, but he also signed it before his big 2015 season and has made $80mm from it thus far. The Bengals are cheap in other areas, but they take care of their own (probably too well and too often at times).

The only question is will the Bengals ever do enough to get over the hump to be a true Super Bowl contender. The current organizational structure has shown they can be AFC North contenders, but it's a fair question to pose as far as doing what it takes to win it all. So while on one hand I understand a certain level of skepticism, on the other I think it is asinine to say the Bengals will ruin Burrow or for people to think he should pull an Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The idea that the Bengals will "ruin" Burrow is silly. We know that Mike Brown loves skill players, so Burrow will be surrounded by weapons. The Bengals have been hit or miss at offensive line (with the past couple of years being a disaster) the past two decades, but overall I'm confident Burrow will put in a good offensive situation as far as a supporting cast for the majority of his career in Cincinnati.

Burrow will also get paid if he produces. Carson was given the largest contract in the NFL. Dalton signed a team-friendly deal as far as being able to get out of it, but he also signed it before his big 2015 season and has made $80mm from it thus far. The Bengals are cheap in other areas, but they take care of their own (probably too well and too often at times).

The only question is will the Bengals ever do enough to get over the hump to be a true Super Bowl contender. The current organizational structure has shown they can be AFC North contenders, but it's a fair question to pose as far as doing what it takes to win it all. So while on one hand I understand a certain level of skepticism, on the other I think it is asinine to say the Bengals will ruin Burrow or for people to think he should pull an Eli.
    I have always thought that the Bengals rise was a little unfortunate in that they ran up against both Manning and Brady during their primes. Would things have been different had they not had two of the top 5 QB's of all time playing in the AFC? I do think Marv was somewhat snakebitten playing against the Steelers, but I do think had Manning and/or Brady not been in the AFC at that time, the Bengals may have had more success.

I think Mahomes is going to be a HOF caliber QB, but I don't believe he will go down in the discussion as the greatest. I also think that the Pats dynasty is coming to an end, and also think that the Steelers are going to be in flux with Big Ben nearing the end of his career. I do think a wild card is Jackson, will he continue to dominate, or will he go the way of all the previous running QB's?

You have a lot of the old guard QB's retiring or entering the end of their careers. Guys like Rivers, Brady, Brees, Roethlesburger, Luck, and P. Manning are guys who are either retired, or are winding down their career. As good as guys like Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, etc. can be, they don't quite strike the fear in me that the aforementioned ones do.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I have always thought that the Bengals rise was a little unfortunate in that they ran up against both Manning and Brady during their primes. .
    Didn't seem to slow down the Steelers much.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Didn't seem to slow down the Steelers much.
    Something about having a HOF QB in his prime makes it easier to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Something about having a HOF QB in his prime makes it easier to compete.
    I agree.

Palmer looked pretty HOF caliber to me, before his knee got shredded. Pure speculation here but I've always believed if that injury never happened, it's the Bengals going to the Super Bowl, not the Steelers. And who knows how that might have changed each team's fortunes as a result.

But I also believe, if the Bengals had somehow drafted Rothlesburger and the Steelers drafted Palmer, that Palmer would now be the HOF QB, and Rothlesburger would already be out of the league, probably due to injury.

Point being, some teams always seem to find a way.

Other teams always seem to find a way to make excuses.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Also, it's not as if Brady and Manning kept knocking the Bengals out of the playoffs. The Bengals never played either of them in the playoffs (usually because their teams had byes) and only periodically in the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I agree.

Palmer looked pretty HOF caliber to me, before his knee got shredded. Pure speculation here but I've always believed if that injury never happened, it's the Bengals going to the Super Bowl, not the Steelers. And who knows how that might have changed each team's fortunes as a result.

But I also believe, if the Bengals had somehow drafted Rothlesburger and the Steelers drafted Palmer, that Palmer would now be the HOF QB, and Rothlesburger would already be out of the league, probably due to injury.

Point being, some teams always seem to find a way.

Other teams always seem to find a way to make excuses.
    Eh, I think Palmer had more arm talent that Ben, but I think Ben had that innate ability to make plays. I think Ben was tougher, and it really isn't a question. Ben could extend plays for longer, he could make plays when everything broke down. He also was far more mobile than Palmer was. I do think the Steelers organization was more successful and better than the Bengals, but the Bengals put together a pretty good decade run.

I think the tandem that made each other was Belichick and Brady. I don't know if Brady would have found the level of success he did had he not been with the Pats. It a game that has become more pass friendly, I think elite QB's would be successful wherever they go.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Also, it's not as if Brady and Manning kept knocking the Bengals out of the playoffs. The Bengals never played either of them in the playoffs (usually because their teams had byes) and only periodically in the regular season.
    That kind of adds to things. No Manning and Brady never knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs, would the playoff seeding have changed had those two guys been elsewhere? Would the playoffs have changed had they not dominated the AFC East and South with no challenge?

The other issue Palmer had was not getting surgery on his elbow...which took a few ticks off his ability to get the ball into tight windows. He did throw 20 picks his last year with the Bengals...

Today in the Athletic Dehner thought the Bengals would most likely end up with 10 picks in the draft and they would most likely be involved in the 2nd wave of FA (think Schobert and Glasgow)...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?