Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    So, I have to ask? Is there anything positive about Drew Sample going into this season?

2nd Round is a huge investment.
    Tight ends can take longer to make an impact, the coaching staff per Lapham was really happy with his progress before he got hurt, and he tested well. I don’t know that he will ever justify being a second round pick but I still hold plenty of hope that he is a significant piece of the tight end room puzzle.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-26-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I'd take Josiah Deguara in the 4th-5th. Tight end is lower priority, though.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

5. Likes:

paintmered (03-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I'd take Josiah Deguara in the 4th-5th. Tight end is lower priority, though.
    Really hard for me to think TE before sixth if at all.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

The Offensive Line could not be addressed as well as the Defense could be addressed simply because the players weren't there to add. Truly, what Offensive Linemen should they have added? Traded for, perhaps, but then you need a partner that wants something you have, while you are giving up a Starter in return. Free Agency gets to better the team without costing the team anything as far as personnel. They clearly aren't even done and they have gone far beyond anyone in the football world's imagination.
    The Bengals would be wise to trade the #33 pick for a number of OL. If they do that and somehow trade for bonafide LB who will actually make a huge impact on this team, then I'll take this "change of tune" more seriously. Out of all their signings, Reader was their best but it's a position that we already have strength at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    If they start Sua anything more then 5 games they are in trouble...
    COrrect. His contract was that of a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Wasn't it you suggesting that they pick a LB from Oregon with that second pick?
    Yes. But, that was before several other signings that addressed the Defense, including a quality LB and a Quality SS that moves Shawn Williams to a hybrid SS/LB position. Still think they might be able to get the LB I want in Dye by trading down from 33, grabbing an extra 3rd (late likely) and taking the best Offensive player (from those they are targeting) with their new 2nd Round pick. I said before that Dye wouldn't last past 45, but his combine numbers might be weak, and that would push him into the 3rd Rd (even though he is PFF's 4th-rated LB and #1-rated tackler, whom they say has been an outstanding tackler every year in College...put him on the Strong side of a 4-3, or inside of a 3-4 and his speed won't be a detriment and his tackling skills can be maximized).
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Oh and by the way, it's Burrow, not Burrows with an s. He's going to be the franchise. Let's at least get his name straight. It's not like it's a name like Tagovailoa or Ghiaciuc.
    80% of the time I don't use an 's', if you check my posts. But, the reminder can't hurt. Girlychick never earned my respect to spell his name right.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and by the way, it's Burrow, not Burrows with an s. He's going to be the franchise. Let's at least get his name straight. It's not like it's a name like Tagovailoa or Ghiaciuc.
    Btw, he's a prospect until he's not.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-26-2020 at 05:22 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

10. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Tight ends can take longer to make an impact, the coaching staff per Lapham was really happy with his progress before he got hurt, and he tested well. I don’t know that he will ever justify being a second round pick but I still hold plenty of hope that he is a significant piece of the tight end room puzzle.
    Absolutely, Tight Ends take three years minimum. First year just to learn how to block. 2nd year to discover they aren't strong enough to block and hit the weight room religiously in the off-season every year and then to learn how to run routes. 3rd year to learn both blocking and route-running, and if they have worked their tails off all this time then that tree will start to bear fruit.

Dennard and his future employer changed their minds making him a FA again.

Random: I didn't realize how disappointing of a year Geno Atkins had last year until I looked at his stats.

Just did a draft on fan speak, traded back a few times, and, well, missed on the WRs early but hammered OL and LB this time around:

1: R1P1 QB JOE BURROW LSU

33: R2P1 C CESAR RUIZ MICHIGAN

89: R3P25 OT BEN BARTCH SAINT JOHN'S

105: R3P41 LB TROY DYE OREGON

107: R4P1 G NETANE MUTI FRESNO STATE

124: R4P18 LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER APPALACHIAN STATE

147: R5P1 CB TROY PRIDE JR. NOTRE DAME

148: R5P2 RB ANTONIO GIBSON MEMPHIS

152: R5P6 EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH CHARLOTTE

180: R6P1 WR JOE REED VIRGINIA

215: R7P1 TE STEPHEN SULLIVAN LSU

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Random: I didn't realize how disappointing of a year Geno Atkins had last year until I looked at his stats.
    He'll rebound with the addition of Reader and all of the other defenders.

He'll rebound with the addition of Reader and all of the other defenders.
    Tend to agree.

Not sure basis of this rumor but...

Spotrac

@spotrac
    Rumored Potential #NFL Trade Candidates

DE Yannick Ngakoue, JAC
    DE Olivier Vernon, CLE
    DE Carlos Dunlap, CIN
    LB Matt Judon, BAL
    OG Joe Thuney, NE
    OT Trent Williams, WAS
    RB, Matt Breida, SF
    TE David Njoku, CLE
    WR Curtis Samuel, CAR
    WR Marquise Goodwin, SF
    WR Sammy Watkins, KC
    Last edited by membengal; 03-26-2020 at 09:29 PM.

80% of the time I don't use an 's', if you check my posts. But, the reminder can't hurt. Girlychick never earned my respect to spell his name right.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, he's a prospect until he's not.
    You're on my Mount Rushmore of favorite guys on RZ and I mean that...but after all these examples from this thread alone, I just had to mention it...

If they can get a Lineman in exchange for Dalton, a much better player than any draft pick Dalton would yield, then that's enough right there to help Burrows out tremendously

But, with the probable crappy O-Line that the Bengals will have I wouldn't start Burrows until I see what the O-Line looks like. But, that doesn't sell tickets. Mike Brown, if he's in charge, may protect this Golden Goose. Just have to sit back and watch, I guess.
    They are definitely going to make a big offer for Burrows.
    That's the Bengals' plan for Burrows, apparently.
    I am at least convinced that the children want to win, or else Mike Brown took back control (that he never totally gave up) with one last chance to get a ring with the arrival of Burrows.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-26-2020)

That reminds me. I need to swing by Kroger's and Mejers tomorrow.

Wait... that pun means something completely different now. Sheesh.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?