Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

All: I have been given permission from Boss to start this thread as an alternative to the constant attempts by a few posters to turn every discussion to their hatred of the owner of the Cincinnati Bengals. At the outset, I stipulate that I, and any other conscious Bengals fan, also do not like the owner of the Cincinnati Bengals. He seems like a good person, but man, he is not a good owner of an NFL team. No one NO ONE disputes that.

That said, I am starting this thread as a place to have continuing discussions about the team going forward - the draft, the potential fanchise QB, free agency, coaching, what have you - where each post does not have to be attacked with historic stuff that we all stipulate to with regard to Mike Brown.

Simply put, if people are still fans of this team (and some of us are - even after 50 years in my case) - it means we have made peace with rooting for a team with a crappy owner. And are still fans. It is unnecessary for those who have given up being fans (which I totally get) to come into this thread and work overtime to convince us to join them in quitting. Basically, if we haven't quit being fans now, we are likely in it for better or likely worse, because that's how fandom sometimes works.

So, this is a place to discuss the team and its moves without having to constantly defend still being a fan. If you feel the need to discuss everything through the Mike Brown lens - the other thread is for you.

Thanks.

--Aaron
    Last edited by membengal; 02-06-2020 at 09:00 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Likes:

Danny Serafini (02-06-2020),GAC (02-28-2020),Hillsdale87 (02-06-2020),Redsfaithful (02-06-2020),RiverRat13 (02-06-2020),Roy Tucker (02-12-2020),StRedlegs900 (02-10-2020),texasdave (02-06-2020),Todd Gack (02-07-2020)

Turn Off Ads?