Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Cincinnati Bengals
    @Bengals
    · Feb 5
    A man of MANY talents.

@Carlos_Dunlap finished with the highest single season grade of his career according to @PFF.
    Last edited by membengal; 02-20-2020 at 09:58 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

BENGALS TALK
    @BengalsTalk
    ·
    51m
    Jordan Palmer posted a photo to his Instagram last week of Joe Burrow throwing to TE Harrison Bryant (Florida Atlantic). I wouldn’t mind having that combination continue with the #Bengals in Cincinnati next season.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

4. Likes:

Spanky (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    For me, I hope they can take what they can get - which is likely a 4th.

Also, John Ross is indeed out in Cali at the Jordan Palmer camp. So that's kinda interesting.
    There was a video on Jordan Palmer's IG story of Ross running a route and Burrow throwing to him. good to see them start working together already.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati...ss-as-a-rookie

Agreed spend $$$ in the trenches...resign Green...upgrade amenities...this should be doable and all the beat writers have said it.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post

Agreed spend $$$ in the trenches...resign Green...upgrade amenities...this should be doable and all the beat writers have said it.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

If the Bengals do end up drafting Burrow, they really need to market southern and eastern Ohio to get those people from Burrow's neck of the woods following the Bengals. They might be able to steal some of those fans away from the Steelers and possibly the Browns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If the Bengals do end up drafting Burrow, they really need to market southern and eastern Ohio to get those people from Burrow's neck of the woods following the Bengals. They might be able to steal some of those fans away from the Steelers and possibly the Browns.
    That article from Hobson sure made it clear that particular opportunity would be wide open for the team, that's for sure.

10. Likes:

Chip R (02-20-2020)

Blake Jewell
    @bjewell43_
    ·
    18m
    Bengals 2020 highest cap numbers:

1. Andy Dalton $17.7M
    2. Geno Atkins $14.2M
    3. Dre Kirkpatrick $11M
    4. Carlos Dunlap $10.9M
    5. William Jackson $9.9M
    6. Cordy Glenn $9.5M
    7. Tyler Boyd $8M
    8. CJ Uzomah $5.8M
    9. Trey Hopkins $5.5M
    10. John Ross $5.4M
    Cut/trade Dalton and Glenn frees up $27 million. I think Dre could be on the cut/trade block too.

Hobs w/ a notes article with some actual Ross quotes from being out at the throwing camp:

Ross has had one throwing session with Burrow, the LSU quarterback who led the Tigers to the national title during a Heisman Trophy season, has heard the buzz about the Bengals taking him.

"That definitely will be," said Ross of how intriguing that pick could be. "He looked like a national champion … I think everybody knows how talented he is. He knows how talented he is. I like the way he carried himself. He looked just as good as he did all season."
    https://www.bengals.com/news/big-wil...-into-workouts

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I do admit I get a chuckle from a well placed GIF...

14. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-20-2020)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...kId=3006143799

Top 50 list...Bengals need to hit on 3 of these guys...

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...kId=3006143799

Top 50 list...Bengals need to hit on 3 of these guys...
    Jefferson at 17 is surprising.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Steelers fans have to be concerned, that's for sure.

Good. Gotta love that.

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed and the Steelers were about to draft Burrow? That's how they feel. Nice.

Beyond worried Steelers fans, I think Lance is missing the mark a bit though. Can't count Kenny and you can't count Boomer, because those two were under Paul Brown's watch, not Mike Brown. And make no mistake, he is who everyone is warning Joe Burrow about. Players and coaches move around all the time. Seinfeld was right, we really are just rooting for laundry when it comes down to it. But ownership remains.

So we have Dalton and Palmer to work with here. We know how Palmer feels. But what about Dalton? He's a good guy, I can't see him bashing the Bengals front office, publicly anyway.

But how does Dalton really feel about it?

As usual, the answer is in his actions, not words. Obviously a team like the Patriots if they don't resign Brady would be Dalton's first choice. But would Dalton be willing to go to a team like Chicago, where he may start out as backup but could possibly challenge for the starting job? I believe he would. Would Dalton be willing to go to a team with a young QB, in a backup role? He'd be less hyped about that, but I think he'd be on board.

My opinion is, there's only one team Dalton doesn't want to play for. It's the one that benched him on his birthday. And it's for the same reasons Palmer has. Well, same reason I mean. Neither career was ruined, that's for sure. Neither would say they reached their full potential either. That's debatable, but I don't think it's debatable that they feel that way, and why they feel that way, if they were both being honest.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 02-20-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

19. Likes:

Spanky (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Steelers fans have to be concerned, that's for sure.

Good. Gotta love that.

Can you imagine if the roles were reversed and the Steelers were about to draft Burrow? That's how they feel. Nice.

Beyond worried Steelers fans, I think Lance is missing the mark a bit though. Can't count Kenny and you can't count Boomer, because those two were under Paul Brown's watch, not Mike Brown. And make no mistake, he is who everyone is warning Joe Burrow about. Players and coaches move around all the time. Seinfeld was right, we really are just rooting for laundry when it comes down to it. But ownership remains.

So we have Dalton and Palmer to work with here. We know how Palmer feels. But what about Dalton? He's a good guy, I can't see him bashing the Bengals front office, publicly anyway.

But how does Dalton really feel about it?

As usual, the answer is in his actions, not words. Obviously a team like the Patriots if they don't resign Brady would be Dalton's first choice. But would Dalton be willing to go to a team like Chicago, where he may start out as backup but could possibly challenge for the starting job? I believe he would. Would Dalton be willing to go to a team with a young QB, in a backup role? He'd be less hyped about that, but I think he'd be on board.

My opinion is, there's only one team Dalton doesn't want to play for. It's the one that benched him on his birthday. And it's for the same reasons Palmer has. Well, same reason I mean. Neither career was ruined, that's for sure. Neither would say they reached their full potential either. That's debatable, but I don't think it's debatable that they feel that way, and why they feel that way, if they were both being honest.
    Not sure where you get this stuff from...

Dalton has 0 quotes out there saying he does not want to play for the Bengals again...

What we do have is QB and agent who see the writing on the wall in regards to the Bengals taking a Quarterback with their first round pick.

We also have a team that is trying to facilitate a trade to one of Dalton's preferred destinations.

So no you will not hear Andy Dalton speak any ill towards the organization.

Not sure why we continue to get bogged down with these conversations, could be due to the other thread being choked to death by the usual "everything sucks" with nothing new ever being discussed besides how bad things suck.

21. Likes:

Sea Ray (02-20-2020)

Turn Off Ads?