Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Joe Burrow is incredibly smart and savvy. He’s the perfect mix of humble and confident in his ability.

He will be a Bengal but the media will report this as Burrow subliminally sending a message to the rest of the teams to trade up to the first spot to take him.

He’s ruined the media with this interview.

2. Likes:

membengal (02-25-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I don't blame Burrow for being vague... nobody wants that Aaron Rodgers NFL draft moment.

Burrow came out and was definitive and yet DP continues to state he is being vague and there is something behind all of this...I don't know how you can listen to that press conference and think he was still being vague.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    We have a whole other part of this board for Reds talk...
    You're awfully touchy. My point here is Bengal related. I'm convinced Joe Burrow will be here for the long haul but not so much Trevor Bauer.

Look, I'm on your team here. I appreciate that you started this thread and I share your enthusiasm for Burrow and the draft coming up. I find it puzzling why you'd slam me and call me out by name for that thought. Where's your admonishment for the worthless meme that followed it?

I take your admonishment to heart and I won't bring this up again. I apologize for mentioning Puig in a Bengals thread. I promise I won't do it again

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Joe Burrow is incredibly smart and savvy. He’s the perfect mix of humble and confident in his ability.

He will be a Bengal but the media will report this as Burrow subliminally sending a message to the rest of the teams to trade up to the first spot to take him.

I love his attitude. I really do. Colin Cowherd didn't like his retirement comment. He said "it was a little cocky for me." I want some cockiness to my Bengal QB. Not as much as Manziel or Mayfield but most certainly I want more than the media statues we had in Palmer and Dalton

7. Likes:

reds77 (02-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You're awfully touchy. My point here is Bengal related. I'm convinced Joe Burrow will be here for the long haul but not so much Trevor Bauer.

Look, I'm on your team here. I appreciate that you started this thread and I share your enthusiasm for Burrow and the draft coming up. I find it puzzling why you'd slam me and call me out by name for that thought. Where's your admonishment for the worthless meme that followed it?

I take your admonishment to heart and I won't bring this up again. I apologize for mentioning Puig in a Bengals thread. I promise I won't do it again
    No worries - Puig and Bauer - just wryly noting we have a set of reds threads on (checks notes) - this reds board.

On an up note - our respective trips to Vegas in late april look like they will be properly celebratory...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Tua is at the combine and met with Bengals staff this week, should be cleared March. I am interested to see his Pro Day...

#3 pick in the draft becomes huge now...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post

It really was something to behold. The sea change from the personalities of Carson and Andy to Burrow is gonna be quite something. Like I said, and this shows my age, I haven't seen the like of it as a Bengals fan since Boomer's days. Just a different snap to the locker-room when your QB is that kind of guy.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Tua is at the combine and met with Bengals staff this week, should be cleared March. I am interested to see his Pro Day...

I am hoping like hell for chaos in the 1st after we take Burrow and some shocking players sliding to 33 to give the Bengals a chance to snag one OR get a ransom to move back a bit and pick up extra picks. I would prefer the latter scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post

Agree about the #3 pick. People who think the Bengals could trade down with Miami and still get Tua are going to be mistaken. Someone will trade up to #3 to get Tua. You'd have to be in love with Herbert to trade with Miami, and even then you'd be sweating that someone moved into #4.

13. Likes:

membengal (02-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Agree about the #3 pick. People who think the Bengals could trade down with Miami and still get Tua are going to be mistaken. Someone will trade up to #3 to get Tua. You'd have to be in love with Herbert to trade with Miami, and even then you'd be sweating that someone moved into #4.
    Agreed, you only trade down if you are TOTALLY fine with Herbert and get some sort of haul that would qualify beyond obscene. And even then you are right that you run the risk of not getting Herbert and having to talk yourself into the next tier down at some point.

And if it's me, I don't even do it then. Sounds like the Bengals agree - as Tobin called dealing "doubtful".

The betting markets are keeping hope alive for that mid-round pick I covet for dalton (Bears version):

SportsLine
    @SportsLine
    · 27m
    Which quarterback will Chicago add (via free agency/trade) to provide "competition" for starting QB Mitchell Trubisky entering the 2020 season?

Andy Dalton +300
    Marcus Mariota +400
    Field +500
    Case Keenum +700
    Alex Smith +900
    Jameis Winston +1200

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Let me also add that the only side putting words in anyone's mouth is the local media (Egger, McCallister) and Bengals fans. No one said that Joe said "HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR THE BENGALS!" You guys were the ones putting words in the national media and people like mine's mouth.

Dan Patrick never said it. PFT never said it. . . no one. They ALL just questioned why he said the things he did say about leverage and everything else. It's just weird. Why not just say, "I'd love to go #1 overall and if it's the Bengals then I'd still be happy, etc, etc, etc. . " But after like 12 interviews, he's finally said it.

At the end of the day, I still don't 100% believe he wants to be here but he's a professional and he finally found a good PR guy who told him, "Look, just say you want to play and stop the games."
    Huh? There has been a national question, and many people speculating and prognosticating that Burrow should pull an Eli. It was drummed up by the national media to create buzz surrounding the combine. It wasn't something Mor or McAllister drummed up, neither of those two have a national reach.

17. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-26-2020)

February is a slow news month. And national media is beyond lazy when it comes to researching "flyover state" teams like the Bengals. It's annoying.

I'm guessing Burrow is good with playing anywhere as the #1 pick. He probably thinks he can overcome any adversity standing in the way of his success. Gotta love that about him.

And boy is he in for a shock when he walks into the offices at Paul Brown Stadium for the first time. I feel bad for him in that regard.

Joe: "Why is it so cold in here?"
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

The meet cute went quite well apparently:

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals...sion-of-burrow

Turn Off Ads?