Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 66 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    That kind of adds to things. No Manning and Brady never knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs, would the playoff seeding have changed had those two guys been elsewhere? Would the playoffs have changed had they not dominated the AFC East and South with no challenge?
    That was probably a factor to some extent, but with the exception of 2015, that's the only year I can recall that the Bengals had a record (12-4) that'd typically earn a bye. That year, Brady and Manning's teams earned the bye over the Bengals with the Broncos's head to head overtime win over the Bengals (which was McCarron vs Osweiler) being the tiebreaker.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bears just cleared 17 million in cap space, could a Dalton deal be next.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

4. Likes:

GAC (02-28-2020),membengal (02-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    At first I was thinking Dalton for a 4th would be cool. But if they hang onto him one more season and let him go, they get a 3rd.So now I'm not so sure.

I think if a 4th is offered, you ask Dalton if he wants to be here or not. If he does, maybe you keep him one year to mentor Burrow. If not, you take the trade?
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Compensation picks are based on the contract that player signs with a new team and how well they play the following season, so the Bengals are far from guaranteed a 2022 third round pick if Dalton walks next year. Plus, losing him would be offset by any 2021 free agents they sign (which likely won't happen), but more importantly, they'd have to carry his $17 million salary this year before he leaves next year. Dalton is already on record as saying he wants a chance to start, so since that won't be here, you can safely assume he won't want to back up Burrow. You take what you can get via trade every day of the week.

7. Likes:

Redsfaithful (02-22-2020),RiverRat13 (02-22-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Tannehill’s titans season should make this a good predicate - tannehill went for a 4th - let’s get this done and call it a day.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Tannehill’s titans season should make this a good predicate - tannehill went for a 4th - let’s get this done and call it a day.
    True, but keep in mind his contract was a lot more friendly than Dalton's. I'd be happy with a fourth, and I think that's realistic.

The Bears already gave their 1st round pick to the Raiders. Wonder if they would even be willing to part with their 4th as well...

Would be a pretty light draft weekend for them.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status...46182412423168

Steve Palazzolo
    @PFF_Steve
    Powered by our friends at
    @awscloud
    , a comparison of NFL Draft QB accuracy % using actual ball location (putting it right on WR's frame or in stride)

Joe Burrow and Tua leading the way over last two years on 10+ yard throws
    Burrow leading the way - 56% - Tua next at 52.3%. A QB who can hit receivers in stride will be a nice change of pace from Dalton - that was NOT one of the things he did well.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    True, but keep in mind his contract was a lot more friendly than Dalton's. I'd be happy with a fourth, and I think that's realistic.
    True on contract difference, BUT, also true that Tannehill showed just how valuable getting a guy like Dalton might be to the right team. Balances out contract differences maybe...so, 4th remains my hope/baseline.

13. Likes:

Boss-Hog (02-22-2020)

TDN mock from this AM from me. I traded way back in 2 and picked up an extra 4th. I made the picks in a hypothetical where they signed two FA linebackers. Throckmorton can play both G and T per reports.

The results:

1. Burrow QB, LSU

2. Winifeld, Jr., S, Minn (62 overall)

3. Dantlzer, CB, Miss St (65 overall)

4a. Adams, OT, Washington (97 overall)

4b. Coe, Edge, Auburn (126 overall)

5. T. Johnson, WR, Minn (129 overall)

6. D. Duverney, WR, TX (160 overall)

7. Throckmorton, OT, Oregon (192 overall)

And here's one I just did on fanspeak - fanspeak premium (as I mentioned at one point) will propose deals. I used Matt Miller's recent big board, I made the selections, and I aggressively traded back several times and ended up with 12 picks - and, man, I like how this one fell (I ended up with a lot of my favorites on this one - in good rounds):

1: R1P1

QB JOE BURROW
    LSU

48: R2P16

CB CAMERON DANTZLER
    MISSISSIPPI STATE

65: R3P1

LB MALIK HARRISON
    OHIO STATE

78: R3P14

OT ISAIAH WILSON
    GEORGIA

100: R3P36

EDGE JONATHAN GREENARD
    FLORIDA

104: R4P1

WR DENZEL MIMS
    BAYLOR

116: R4P13

LB AKEEM DAVIS-GAITHER
    APPALACHIAN STATE

130: R4P27

WR DEVIN DUVERNAY
    TEXAS

143: R4P40

G NETANE MUTI
    FRESNO STATE

147: R5P1

DL NICK COE
    AUBURN

180: R6P1

S JORDAN FULLER
    OHIO STATE

215: R7P1

DL DAVON HAMILTON
    OHIO STATE

I don't think the Bengals would spend $17 million on a backup QB, so there will be a deal or a release.

I am interested in who the backup might be - I hope they can get a smart vet for a situation like we had with Kitna/Palmer.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Matt Moore is the backup I want.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

As far as a coaching-role backup goes, Moore would be nice. Maybe Chase Daniel or Colt McCoy. Most of the other FA's are relatively inexperienced. There's also McCarron, but I doubt he'd want to resign with us.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Looking at it closer the Bears have 2 2nd round picks but no 3rd and 4th they couldn't be that desperate to give a 2nd...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?