Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The first pick in the second round gives them a ton of leverage. I think trading it make sense only if they get tremendous value. There are too many first round talent players who slip out of the 1st due to a run at certain positions. Heck there will probably be guys who are in their top 20 who fall out of the first round waiting to be picked at 33. If there is a guy you like, you have to take him there, if you can trade down a few picks and still get the guy you want, then that makes sense. I do think they need to look, WR, OL, LB and even CB with their 2-5 picks.
    If there is a good LB or OL that falls to Round 2, I agree that they need to pick them up. Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen are being mocked late 1st round, and if one of those guys slipped out, that would be awesome for the Bengals. If they decide they want a WR, I think they should definitely trade down. There are so many good WRs this year, and they could get one later in the 2nd round if they wanted to.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would like them to chase upside in round two, within reason.

I'd rather have a star WR there than an average starting LB, even though they need so much help at LB.

That said, they just need starting bodies. Have to hope they get at least 4 legitimate NFL starting players here and hopefully two of those would be Pro Bowl talents. That would be a monster draft, but they need a monster draft.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Feb 25th is the deadline for tagging...if they don't tag Green we know what is going to happen with the 2nd round pick...WR. Personally that would be the pick I would move if I can get good value like an additional 3rd etc...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I'd love to see them throw money at local boy (Kettering Alter) Joe Thuney to upgrade the guard position. I'd feel better rolling the dice with Fred Johnson or Bobby Hart at RT if they had a major upgrade beside them.

I am absolutely on board with Thuney as a splash free agent signing. The locked on bengals guys are all over that as well.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Feb 25th is the deadline for tagging...if they don't tag Green we know what is going to happen with the 2nd round pick...WR. Personally that would be the pick I would move if I can get good value like an additional 3rd etc...
    Here is the thing, they have to tag AJ at this point. They held on to him the entire season, he has limited trade value because of his injuries, and in general the Bengals like to get something from their investment. The WR I have seen is Shenault from Colorado which I think could be good value there.

At this point, there is too much value with that #33 pick to trade out of it. They could potentially get a starting T there, could get a starting LB, or could get a WR who slips.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    It’s a pretty deep draft at receiver this year. If Laviska Shenault falls to the second round I could see the Bengals making a play for him.

That said, my second round wish list in no particular order:

Shenault
    Kenneth Murray
    Grant Delpit
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    It’s a pretty deep draft at receiver this year. If Laviska Shenault falls to the second round I could see the Bengals making a play for him.

That said, my second round wish list in no particular order:

Shenault
    Kenneth Murray
    Grant Delpit
    Justin Jefferson could be an interesting WR too of he's still there to pair with Burrow. He seems to be between 20 and 40 in the mocks right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Justin Jefferson could be an interesting WR too of he's still there to pair with Burrow. He seems to be between 20 and 40 in the mocks right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He reminds me of Tyler Boyd, do the Bengals need 2 receivers that fill the same role?
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

11. Likes:

RiverRat13 (02-06-2020)

Only question I have with Jefferson is whether he is better in the slot than outside - Goodberry and Liscow on Locked On have wondered about that. Ideally, with Boyd in hand in the slot, a WR in rounds 2-4, say, would be an outside guy.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    He reminds me of Tyler Boyd, do the Bengals need 2 receivers that fill the same role?
    I'm with you there. They need someone more explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    That’s why I suggested Shenault. He’s been compared to Deebo Samuel which is something the Bengals lack.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I'm with you there. They need someone more explosive.
    You mean like John Ross.

WR is interesting in that you need different types. You need a possession WR, you need a guy who can stretch the field, you need a guy who can beat his man off the line. I think the Bengals are set with Boyd and I think Tate proved last season that he deserves playing time as a possession WR. Ross is a guy who will probably play out his 4th season without his 5th year picked up, or at least shouldn't have it picked up. It makes zero sense for the Bengals to let AJ Green just walk, either a sign and trade or a franchise tender should happen.

They need to surround Burrow with as much talent as possible, and I think that may ultimately be why Green is back. Adding WR depth is a must, especially if one slips, but they shouldn't go out of their way to draft one.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    You mean like John Ross.

WR is interesting in that you need different types. You need a possession WR, you need a guy who can stretch the field, you need a guy who can beat his man off the line. I think the Bengals are set with Boyd and I think Tate proved last season that he deserves playing time as a possession WR. Ross is a guy who will probably play out his 4th season without his 5th year picked up, or at least shouldn't have it picked up. It makes zero sense for the Bengals to let AJ Green just walk, either a sign and trade or a franchise tender should happen.

They need to surround Burrow with as much talent as possible, and I think that may ultimately be why Green is back. Adding WR depth is a must, especially if one slips, but they shouldn't go out of their way to draft one.
    John Ross' issues are how injury prone he is, which is too bad because if you haven't played a full season by year 3 then it's highly likely you never will. Eifert just played his first full season this past year and the sense is that the Bengals are going to let him walk. A guy we could look for in the Draft to replace Ross' skill set is Devin Duvernay. I believe he is a projected 4th/5th round guy, I would be cool with taking a chance on him.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

They have to:
    tag Green
    hope that Williams looks like a healthy 1st round pick
    release Glenn
    release Dalton
    sign the 2020 version of Jon Kitna
    trade draft picks or sign free agents for linebacker help, right now

If Burrow is the real deal, that would get them to the playoffs right there.

But what WILL they do?
    Probably:
    tag Green
    hope that Williams looks like a healthy 1st round pick
    release Glenn
    release Dalton
    sign a QB, who know who
    sign those draft picks, and call it a day

How far that gets them, remains to be seen.

Zac Taylor is the other wild card. He could be Jimmy Johnson, he could be Dave Shula. Probably somewhere in between. By the end of this season, we'll have a pretty good idea where Taylor falls in the spectrum. He comes off to me as firmly in the outmatched Dave Shula camp. But he's about to get a shiny new toy, so here's to hoping he proves me wrong.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?