Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I hope Glenn is as good as gone - he was mostly useless when he did deign to play last year. One free agent and a high drag pick and a qb who can maximize competence and this will potentially look very different.

I do desperately hope there will be a new RT but still worry that Turner has beer goggles for Hart.
    He graded considerably higher than all of our other OL guys last year - definitely wasn't useless. The problem is the internal stuff between him and the staff/front office. I'd prefer to keep him, if possible, but he's probably on his way out.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Likes:

UKFlounder (02-06-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    He graded considerably higher than all of our other OL guys last year - definitely wasn't useless. The problem is the internal stuff between him and the staff/front office. I'd prefer to keep him, if possible, but he's probably on his way out.
    I fully expect Glenn to be cut, and that they'll try to trade Dalton.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Yeah most of the beat writers have said Glenn is as good as gone...too many bridges were burned this season.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Here is the thing, they have to tag AJ at this point. They held on to him the entire season, he has limited trade value because of his injuries, and in general the Bengals like to get something from their investment. The WR I have seen is Shenault from Colorado which I think could be good value there.

At this point, there is too much value with that #33 pick to trade out of it. They could potentially get a starting T there, could get a starting LB, or could get a WR who slips.
    If there is a run on QB's like I think there will be I could see a player of value falling to the Bengals at 33...I would imagine the Bengals phone will be ringing off the hook on day 2. Definitely will be an entertaining few days.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    If there is a run on QB's like I think there will be I could see a player of value falling to the Bengals at 33...I would imagine the Bengals phone will be ringing off the hook on day 2. Definitely will be an entertaining few days.
    There will be a run on WRs too. There should be a pretty good non-WR non-QB pick waiting for the Bengals at 33.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Draft is deep with OL if someone like Austin Jackson is sitting there at 33 you have to consider pouncing...bookends for Burrow for 10 yrs in Williams and Jackson. The combine will obviously reveal more in the coming weeks.

9. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-06-2020)

Jeaux Goods
    @JoeGoodberry
    ·
    Feb 4
    Joe Mixon was arguably the best RB in football over the second half of the season and the Bengals still struggled to score 20 points per game.
    They need to build the team for Burrow.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

You wanna know how you bake in a 2-14 campaign last year? You have a draft class in 2015 that looks like this:

Blake Jewell
    @bjewell43_
    ·
    8m
    Bengals 2015 draft class

Rd1: Cedric Ogbuehi❌
    Rd2: Jake Fisher❌
    Rd3: Tyler Kroft❌
    Rd3: Paul Dawson❌
    Rd4: Josh Shaw❌
    Rd4: Marcus Hardison❌
    Rd5: CJ Uzomah ����
    Rd6: Derron Smith❌
    Rd7: Mario Alford❌
    They absolutely need to do the OPPOSITE of that in terms of success from this draft after Burrow.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

That's a good example of where emphasizing drafting for need and not BPA can land you.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Lol. I totally forgot about Paul Dawson. Guenther compared him to Burfict.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    That's a good example of where emphasizing drafting for need and not BPA can land you.
    And how.

Here was my latest mock this AM on fanspeak - I traded back twice in the 2nd to pick up an extra 4th and 5th. I really like this one. Used Matt Miller's updated Big Board - computer making selections for all but the Bengals:

1: R1P1
    QB JOE BURROW
    LSU

55: R2P23
    CB NOAH IGBINOGHENE
    AUBURN

65: R3P1
    LB MALIK HARRISON
    OHIO STATE

104: R4P1
    WR DENZEL MIMS
    BAYLOR

115: R4P12
    G DAMIEN LEWIS
    LSU

147: R5P1
    OT TREY ADAMS
    WASHINGTON

157: R5P11
    G JONAH JACKSON
    OHIO STATE

180: R6P1
    S JEREMY CHINN
    SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

215: R7P1
    EDGE TREVIS GIPSON
    TULSA

dp
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Morrison has a nice article up in the Athletic in regards to fixing the Defense through FA...he doesn't think Tobin will make a splash but lists a few names that graded out well in PFF that would pair well with Pratt.

I could also see them drafting a guy they like in the early rounds of the draft.

Nick Kwiatkoski Bears rep is John Thorton
    Josh Bynes Ravens

if you don't have a subscription to the Athletic go out and get one it is worth it

Blake Jewell
    @bjewell43_
    ·
    4h
    Passing grades under pressure (via
    @pff
    )

Joe Burrow (80.5)
    Jalen Hurts (68.5)
    Jake Fromm (63.6)
    Justin Herbert (57.9)
    Tua Tagovailoa (50.7)
    Jordan Love (48.6)
    Jacob Eason (37.6)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    And how.

Here was my latest mock this AM on fanspeak - I traded back twice in the 2nd to pick up an extra 4th and 5th. I really like this one. Used Matt Miller's updated Big Board - computer making selections for all but the Bengals:

I understand it's just for fun, but seriously, you got ripped off on your trade. You moved down from the #1 pick in the second rd to the 23rd. That equates to a loss of 230 pts according to this value chart:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

The 4th rd pick you got was worth 64 pts and the 5th rd pick was worth 28. That leaves 138 points that you left on the table or the equivalent of a late 3rd rd pick.

Point here is this: If our Bengals made a trade like that on draft day, us fans would be mighty ticked that we got ripped off. It'd be worth the deal if you also got Cleveland's late 3rd rd pick

Turn Off Ads?