Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Head scratcher to me. 30 year old rotational player.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/player...599/josh-bynes
    PFF graded him as their 18th overall LB last year. Vigil was their 117th. I don’t know what to tell you , but this is a big step toward fixing things. If it helps, he’s like Preston Brown, only really good. His best two cover years of his career grade wise have come the last two years as well, as a bonus. And he knows this division cold, coming out of baltimore twice in his career.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-25-2020),Redsfaithful (03-25-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I'll put my neck out, if the Bengals do ok in the draft (say, one decent rookie starter apart from Burrow and positive contributions, special teams or otherwise, from 2-3 others) I think they're a playoff bubble team.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'll put my neck out, if the Bengals do ok in the draft (say, one decent rookie starter apart from Burrow and positive contributions, special teams or otherwise, from 2-3 others) I think they're a playoff bubble team.
    Injuries are always huge...

They still have holes...

Pitts and Baltimore look stout...

Tough road to get to 7 wins but I like the direction will they sustain it...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    PFF graded him as their 18th overall LB last year. Vigil was their 117th. I don’t know what to tell you , but this is a big step toward fixing things. If it helps, he’s like Preston Brown, only really good. His best two cover years of his career grade wise have come the last two years as well, as a bonus. And he knows this division cold, coming out of baltimore twice in his career.
    He does sound better.

From the Enquirer:

"Bynes has played in 101 career games (47 starts). He's produced 378 tackles, 26 pass deflections and four interceptions entering 2020.

The veteran is sure tackler and can stay on the field on passing downs. He missed just six tackles a season ago and quarterbacks had a 67-percent completion percentage when throwing his way."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...al/2912889001/
    A French prison inspector wrote in 1837: “It is to the prisons that the historian must go if he is to make a sane judgment of a people’s moral state.”

Bengals twitter rumors...

Dalton and Gio might be released together...

That is 20 million off the books.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-25-2020)

Leshaun Sims signed CB of Titans...special teams guy for the majority of his NFL time.

Bengals add S Vonn Bell for three years.

PFF rating of 64.6 overall last season.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

This is amazing. Truly a sea change. I have to think some credit has to go to ZT and staff who have time to put their stamp on things now.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/...003178497?s=21
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (03-25-2020),Kingspoint (03-25-2020),Redsfaithful (03-25-2020),RiverRat13 (03-25-2020)

We not be able to stop the pass, but we aren't going to have guys missing tackles anymore. The Keystone Cops days are over.

Since entering the league (2016), Bell has earned a 90.2 run defense grade, tied for 4th best among ALL Safeties in that span.

His 89.6 mark against the run in 2019 ranked 2nd at the position.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Given how much this division wants to run the ball, getting better run defense was job one this offseason.

Add Wake, and we won't be giving any Quarteback the time to make a throw with Wayne's blitzing ability and our Defensive front. Oh, and Ravens' LB's can ALWAYS tackle, too.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Given how much this division wants to run the ball, getting better run defense was job one this offseason.
    Nobody is going to be running on us. That our pass defense and run defense will encourage teams to throw against us, we should be Top-10 in Run Defense yards-per-attempt, and possibly Top-3. If we can tackle them short of the 1st Down mark, our Run Defense can now stop them on 3rd-and-short.

They are also building a Defense that is stout between the goal lines and the 20, but could yield yards between the 20's. That's OK. Leads to lots of FG attempts.

Winning is fun.

Shawn Williams to LB?

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Leshaun Sims signed CB of Titans...special teams guy for the majority of his NFL time.
    It's a body to compete in camp (cuttable) pending the expected release of Dre. Saw a quote of "very poorly graded against the pass last season by PFF", but that doesn't matter. He can compete in camp and try to prove himself. Win-Win here.

Turn Off Ads?