Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Bengals - non-owner complaining thread zone

Pushback on Baun is that he is more edge than SSLB. There is projection in thinking he can do the latter. He’s on my list at 33 but so is Reagor, Cleveland, Ruiz...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would imagine 5 QB's will go in RD 1...plus a bevy of tackles and wide outs.

Good news for the Bengals as someone will fall to 33, they won't reach for an LB...Taylor doesn't place a ton of value on LB's unless they are game changers...maybe if Murray falls.

I see them linked to Ruiz a lot, they could also trade back for the kid from Wisconsin.

Or do they snatch a wide out like Mims or Higgins if they are there.

So exciting, love this time of year.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Texans didn’t want to lose Reader but couldn’t afford to match cincy’s offer:

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/...101862400?s=21
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

If Mims is there I hope they take him. If he's not, I'll be happy with a trade back. Mims may not have as big of an impact in '20 as a LB or an IOL might have, but he could be AJ's replacement in '21 and free up all of AJ's money to be used in free agency (we can actually believe that will happen now!).

Chris Orr LB, Antoine Winfield Jr, and DT Justin Madubuike have met with Bengals over face time.

Clicking through to this tweet is of interest:

https://twitter.com/pat_thorman/stat...505960450?s=21

Hope they get back into the drafting groove this year.

8. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Clicking through to this tweet is of interest:

https://twitter.com/pat_thorman/stat...505960450?s=21

Hope they get back into the drafting groove this year.
    But, if you play on a bad team, are you a good player, or just a bad player that gets to play because he's on a bad team?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    But, if you play on a bad team, are you a good player, or just a bad player that gets to play because he's on a bad team?
    That survey spans back to 2002 - so there were plenty of good bengals teams in that span of years.

My personal big board for pick 33 (or first pick in 2nd round if they trade back):

1. IF , somehow, any of the top 4 tackles (Wills, Thomas, Wirfs, Becton) or top 3 receivers (Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs) falls against all odds to 33 - I hope they would take that one...

Assuming that doesn't happen, my big board of potential players at 33 is ( in this order):

---Josh Jones (OT)
    ---Patrick Queen (LB)
    ---Denzel Mims (WR)
    ---Jalen Reagor (WR)
    ---Cesar Ruiz (IOL)
    ---Kenneth Murray (LB)
    ---Tee Higgins (WR)
    ---Zack Baun (Edge/SSLB project)
    ---Ezra Cleveland (OT)

That breaks down to 3 OL, 3 LB (sorta if you count Baun) and 3 WR - some combo of those nine should be available at pick 33...

I really don't want to see a CB, S or DT here. It would make me kinda grumpy given the investment and depth at those positions after FA (feels weird to type that).

I do NOT want Austin Jackson (OT) or Shenault (WR)here - I think Jackson has a high bust factor and Shenault has a weird skill set (almost kinda RB-esque) and an injury history - I don't like the fit. I guess I don't want Hamler or Aiyuk there either - not sure I could put my finger on why - just feels over-drafted given the other players likely on the board (although I could talk myself into being okay with the latter two if I had to - Jackson and Shenault not so much).

The above is subject to editing/refinement.
    Last edited by membengal; 04-06-2020 at 10:48 AM.

12. Likes:

Redhook (04-06-2020),RiverRat13 (04-06-2020)

If you can't get enough draft talk, and you have quarantine time on your hands - Dane Brugler just dropped his draft bible at The Athletic (which is supposed to be free for everyone right now), so...have at it:

https://theathletic.com/1727831/2020...020-the-beast/

Fun fact brought up by Cincy Jungle...Mims former position coach is our current wide receiver coach. That is a pretty good inside scouting report.

The more I see of Denzel Mims, the more I like him and the more I think he is going to be the pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

16. Likes:

Hoosier Red (04-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The more I see of Denzel Mims, the more I like him and the more I think he is going to be the pick.
    He is if he's there. Pretty sure he is gone by early 20s unfortunately.

18. Likes:

WVRed (04-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    He is if he's there. Pretty sure he is gone by early 20s unfortunately.
    I saw Philly was looking at him. Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Pretty great stuff from Orlovsky again:

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/sta...885188096?s=21

21. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-07-2020)

Turn Off Ads?