Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds Spring Training Broadcasts

Reds Spring Training Broadcasts

Fox Sports Ohio will broadcast 8 (5 of their own)

Name:  EQGi1FqWoAI26q3.png
Views: 1164
Size:  38.5 KB
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-06-2020),DocRed (02-06-2020),Edd Roush (02-06-2020),GADawg (02-06-2020),goreds2 (02-06-2020),marcshoe (02-06-2020),muethibp (02-13-2020),NebraskaRed (02-06-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Spring Training Broadcasts

thanks!

If you have MLB TV, you can usually watch even more Reds ST games due to the other team's broadcast.

6. Likes:

KYExtemper (02-23-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    If you have MLB TV, you can usually watch even more Reds ST games due to the other team's broadcast.
    Does the blackout rule still apply for spring training broadcasts on MLBTV?
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    Does the blackout rule still apply for spring training broadcasts on MLBTV?
    I don't think so. From what I remember from previous years, blackout rules don't apply during spring training.

And if I recall correctly, those of us with MLB TV were able to watch over half of the Reds ST games last year.

9. Likes:

DocRed (02-06-2020),KYExtemper (02-23-2020)

I don't think so. From what I remember from previous years, blackout rules don't apply during spring training.

And if I recall correctly, those of us with MLB TV were able to watch over half of the Reds ST games last year.
    Nice. Do they do monthly subscriptions still?

They don't show yet. (I know they will)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

It wasn't but a few short years ago FSO would only have only one game on in the spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-06-2020),DocRed (02-06-2020),Edd Roush (02-06-2020),KittyDuran (02-23-2020),OhioRiverBarge (02-06-2020)

He still bangs

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    It wasn't but a few short years ago FSO would only have only one game on in the spring.
    And yet again, every year I must ask, why not show ALL of them? FSO would have to make more money than showing cliff diving or poker reruns or whatever else they show on there.

Is it because the Reds want people to go to Arizona? That seems like a stretch.

15. Likes:

DocRed (02-06-2020),goreds2 (02-07-2020),RedsRocker (02-21-2020)

Some teams do show all their ST games now. Reds are always just about 10 years behind the curve when it comes to stuff like that. They may have been the last MLB team to show all their games on TV. And it may have been by 5 years.

17. Likes:

DocRed (02-06-2020)

He still bangs

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Some teams do show all their ST games now. Reds are always just about 10 years behind the curve when it comes to stuff like that. They may have been the last MLB team to show all their games on TV. And it may have been by 5 years.
    Historically Reds have been pretty ahead. First radio broadcast, first TV broadcast, first night game.

But I agree, over the last few decades they’ve been sloths.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    And yet again, every year I must ask, why not show ALL of them? FSO would have to make more money than showing cliff diving or poker reruns or whatever else they show on there.

Is it because the Reds want people to go to Arizona? That seems like a stretch.
    Good question. Maybe it costs more money to have them broadcast all the games. They have to pay the announcers, the crew, keep the equipment down there for a month and a half, et. al. I would think any other programming doesn't cost them anything. Reds games would probably get better ratings but are the ratings worth the expense?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Good question. Maybe it costs more money to have them broadcast all the games. They have to pay the announcers, the crew, keep the equipment down there for a month and a half, et. al. I would think any other programming doesn't cost them anything. Reds games would probably get better ratings but are the ratings worth the expense?
    If it has anything to do with money, that's just sad.

The Reds are worth $1.05 billion, according to Forbes' estimates of the valuation and finances of each MLB team. And the Reds operating profit soared to $37 million last year, Forbes says.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

The old way of thinking was that nobody really cares too much about preseason games. I think that's a somewhat outdated way of thinking.

Certainly there's less interest in ST games than regular season games, but there is more interest now than there used to be.

He still bangs

Sometimes on MLB.tv they’ll show just a live feed of a game. No announcers, no graphics, I don’t even think there is even audio. Still watched every second of it.

Paying cameramen and just setting up the cameras those extra nights has got to be far less than what they’d make just in ad buys.

Who knows. It just seems like an untapped market, and I think they could even turn it into a really cool experience. Like a re-introduction to all the players. Tell us their backstories, what did they do in the offseason, what prospects should we get to know, etc.

Turn Off Ads?