Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MLB: Montreal sharing plan ’100 percent’ best way to keep Rays in Tampa Bay

Re: MLB: Montreal sharing plan ’100 percent’ best way to keep Rays in Tampa Bay

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    This is such a joke. The Ray's are very viable in Tampa. It is the ballpark which is the worst in baseball. And its location is awful to get to and there is not a lot around it. If the built a new stadium to the east of Tampa it would open up a couple of million people to reasonable go to games and make it an easy trip from Orlando.

I like 35 miles from Tropicana on a weekday night I would be lucky to make it there in 1.5 hours. And driving in traffic here is insane. It is the wild west of driving I have never seen so many accidents
    Agreed. Location, location, location. Tropicana Field might as well be floating in the Gulf. You’re absolutely right that having a stadium East of Tampa would solve a lot of problems. I lived in Orlando for 6 years. Traffic is bad there too, but Tampa’s is worse. And Florida drivers are, by far, the worst I’ve ever experienced.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-07-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Would they be called the Rayspos or the ExRays?
    When the play home games in Tampa they are the Rayspos and when they play the games in Montreal they would be the ExRays.
    "Baseball is only dull to those with dull minds."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Seems like a dedicated rail shuttle service from south/east of Tampa would be the ideal solution here. Baltimore has the light rail which stops right at Camden Yards. That brings people from 20-30 miles away or more.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-07-2020)

I went there two years ago for a game just to say that I went to one and it was horrible. We were staying in Daytona and I had enough sun so we decided to drive across state to Tampa. BIG mistake! I forget the road number but it is horrible. Slow, crowded and crappy. The stadium was like a funeral home. Just had a feeling of see at to it. I am not sure there were 10k people there and the ones that were there were probably wondering why they were even there. I wonder if the franchise would do better in Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    This is such a joke. The Ray's are very viable in Tampa. It is the ballpark which is the worst in baseball. And its location is awful to get to and there is not a lot around it. If the built a new stadium to the east of Tampa it would open up a couple of million people to reasonable go to games and make it an easy trip from Orlando.

I like 35 miles from Tropicana on a weekday night I would be lucky to make it there in 1.5 hours. And driving in traffic here is insane. It is the wild west of driving I have never seen so many accidents
    I mean, no offense, but it takes me about 2 hours to get to the GAB from columbus.. Similar commutes for other regional fans.. If the locals really cared about the team, seems like they could brave the traffic once or twice a year at bare minimum. They have a good team. If they were tanking, the apathy would be understandable.

I like the 2 city idea.. Reduce the supply of games in Tampa, should help them increase overall attendence (Tampa + Montreal).. Maybe they make enough additional income to keep some of their players.

Someone else said.. "what if the Reds played all their May games in Arizona".. Well, if they did and a result, the payroll went up 20 million (hypothetically) due to more attendence and 2 TV markets, would anyone really mind? Still would be plenty of home games to see in Cincy.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

The Rays could be playing in Tampa this year if they would just pay for their own stadium.
    Go Gators!

10. Likes:

North (02-07-2020)

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Seems like a dedicated rail shuttle service from south/east of Tampa would be the ideal solution here. Baltimore has the light rail which stops right at Camden Yards. That brings people from 20-30 miles away or more.
    Good luck trying to get the Florida taxpayers to pay for rail. Too many of them know they're going to be dead before it's finished
    Stick to your guns.

12. Likes:

REDREAD (02-10-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    The Rays could be playing in Tampa this year if they would just pay for their own stadium.
    Permanent 50 cent beer nights could increase attendance.

Turn Off Ads?