Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fangraphs 2020 top 100 Prospects

Fangraphs 2020 top 100 Prospects

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2020-top-100-prospects/

73. Tyler Stephenson
    77. Hunter Greene
    82. Jose Garcia
    92. Nick Lodolo

Lodolo seems low. No India isn't all that surprising, but that's quite a hit. He probably deserves to be in the 100-120 convo.

Former Reds farmhands:

47. Jeter Downs
    67. Josiah Gray
    69. Taylor Trammell

2. Likes:

BillDoran (02-12-2020),DocRed (02-12-2020),Edd Roush (02-13-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fangraphs 2020 top 100 Prospects

Way too Lowdolo
    Go BLUE!!!

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-13-2020),M2 (02-14-2020),WrongVerb (02-13-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Lodolo seems low. No India isn't all that surprising, but that's quite a hit. He probably deserves to be in the 100-120 convo.
    I think it's interesting that it's purely personal. He writes that he doesn't like Lodolo as a prospect, but others in the game do.

I suspect he'll move up as the year moves on. Lodolo has the stuff and know-how to move multiple levels, and A+ will hide many flaws if he does happen to struggle.

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-13-2020)

The beloved Keith Law posted his top 100 (link):

30. Hunter Greene
    78. Nick Lodolo (calls him "boring good")
    93. Jose Garcia

43. Taylor Trammell
    63. Josiah Gray
    70. Jeter Downs

9. Likes:

Griffey012 (02-24-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    The beloved Keith Law posted his top 100 (link):

30. Hunter Greene
    78. Nick Lodolo (calls him "boring good")
    93. Jose Garcia

43. Taylor Trammell
    63. Josiah Gray
    70. Jeter Downs
    That list atrocious. Man, Keith Law is really mailing it in since joing the Athletic.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    That list atrocious. Man, Keith Law is really mailing it in since joing the Athletic.
    Haven’t seen the whole list, but to me that’s not too crazy, I’d flip Lodolo and Trammell probably.

Greene at 30 and Garcia at 93 isn’t insane IMO.
    Go BLUE!!!

12. Likes:

HokieRed (02-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Haven’t seen the whole list, but to me that’s not too crazy, I’d flip Lodolo and Trammell probably.

Greene at 30 and Garcia at 93 isn’t insane IMO.
    I was referring to the top 100 in its entirety. No real qualms about the Reds player rankings. But he has quite a few pretty odd ranks that don't make much sense to me.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Kiley McDaniel's top 100 (apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, it came out on March 4)

78. Tyler Stephenson
    85. Jose Garcia
    89. Hunter Greene
    90. Nick Lodolo
    94. Jonathan India

46. Josiah Gray
    50. Jeter Downs
    75. Taylor Trammell

15. Likes:

HokieRed (03-23-2020),Mitri (03-22-2020)

Re McDaniel's ratings -- i don't see Jonathan India being in the top 100. If you combine his Fall League stats with his in season stats --i think you get a slash line of 243/329/393. I read he may have a sore shoulder which would decrease the power numbers. He's really had a good senior year and that's kind of it wrt hitting. His defense at 3rd is not real good -a 23 error to 11 DP is kinda rough - i've read reports that he's looks smooth, but those are not good numbers. Shoulders are hard to diagnose and it may take some time - my fear is an Austin Kearns kind of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Re McDaniel's ratings -- i don't see Jonathan India being in the top 100. If you combine his Fall League stats with his in season stats --i think you get a slash line of 243/329/393. I read he may have a sore shoulder which would decrease the power numbers. He's really had a good senior year and that's kind of it wrt hitting. His defense at 3rd is not real good -a 23 error to 11 DP is kinda rough - i've read reports that he's looks smooth, but those are not good numbers. Shoulders are hard to diagnose and it may take some time - my fear is an Austin Kearns kind of injury.
    I'm with you. India has hardly set the world on fire, but his wRC+ numbers have been consistently (and increasingly) good:

• 2018 - Dayton - 114
    • 2019 - Daytona - 125
    • 2019 - Chattanooga - 138

Those aren't gigantic numbers but certainly respectable. It's at least one reason for optimism.

India has hardly set the world on fire, but his wRC+ numbers have been consistently (and increasingly) good:

• 2018 - Dayton - 114
    • 2019 - Daytona - 125
    • 2019 - Chattanooga - 138

Those aren't gigantic numbers but certainly respectable. It's at least one reason for optimism.
    This is where I'm at. A 130 wRC+ number is top-notch.

How he did that is problematic to me.

Lots and lots of walks. Not much of a BA. A little power.

India needs to be either a slugger or a high BA guy while in the minors. (Preferably, he's both.)

We may better see what the future holds in AA this season. If we get to see anything at all.

Man, this would be the time to re-set a swing, wouldn't it? You'd have just about anyone who wanted to work with you available. The weather would be relatively nice. You'll have lots of time to work on it. It's also as good a time as ever to be rehabbing or resting from injury. Silver linings amongst the clouds, I guess.

19. Likes:

Tom Servo (03-21-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    This is where I'm at. A 130 wRC+ number is top-notch.

How he did that is problematic to me.

Lots and lots of walks. Not much of a BA. A little power.

India needs to be either a slugger or a high BA guy while in the minors. (Preferably, he's both.)

We may better see what the future holds in AA this season. If we get to see anything at all.

Man, this would be the time to re-set a swing, wouldn't it? You'd have just about anyone who wanted to work with you available. The weather would be relatively nice. You'll have lots of time to work on it. It's also as good a time as ever to be rehabbing or resting from injury. Silver linings amongst the clouds, I guess.
    All wRC+ are not created equal, and you're right, in the minors, I want more hitting prowess.

If anything, I think the consensus on India has overcorrected this offseason. He's not blowing people away, but it's not like he's falling on his face either. In fact, the numbers, as evidenced by the wRC+, are pretty good. When the complaint is he's walking too much, it's nitpicking. That said, the player drafted at No. 5, the player that was driving the ball all over the yard, has hardly materialized either. I think he's been undervalued in 2020 prospect lists and think he's a prime candidate for a breakout. Even if he doesn't pop this season, the floor still appears to be Alex Blandino-ish. If the pieces do come together, there's a lofty ceiling with that bat.

When the complaint is he's walking too much, it's nitpicking.
    The complaint isn't that he's walking too much. Every walk he draws deserves an attaboy. The complaint is he's not doing enough when he's not walking.

There's also the matter of the Reds having nowhere for him to play, but that's more about why he'll be traded eventually than whether he's going to be any good.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

So India isn't basically a prospect anymore?

he appears to have been picked too high.

Turn Off Ads?