Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball America ranks Reds Farm system #28

Baseball America ranks Reds Farm system #28

Baseball America ranks Reds Farm system #28 down 20 spots. Can't read article but obviously, Senzel graduating, Trammell being traded, Greene injury and bad years by India, Santillan hurt us.

I think system had chance to bounce back a lot. Greene being healthy, India finally hitting, Lodolo have continued success, Garcia and Stevenson putting together good years again. Plus some of our HS/JUCA draftees from last year doing well. (Callihan/Hinds)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

REDREAD (02-18-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball America ranks Reds Farm system #28

That's quite the drop...

Hopefully the Reds winning the 2020 WS helps the bitterness of the ranking go down a little easier.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

They were a lot worse than where they got rated last year. Hopefully they'll be a lot better than where they're rated this year. Some flourishes in Dayton would really help.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (02-17-2020)

I kinda think this is off the mark. I find it difficult to believe 27 other organizations have a top 5 as talented as the reds top 5 prospects in addition to having some really upside kids like Callihan and Hinds.

In the end the difference in ranking from last year to this year shows how dumb these rankings are.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Trading away Downs and Gray really hurt as well.

9. Likes:

kpresidente (02-18-2020),REDREAD (02-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I kinda think this is off the mark. I find it difficult to believe 27 other organizations have a top 5 as talented as the reds top 5 prospects in addition to having some really upside kids like Callihan and Hinds.

In the end the difference in ranking from last year to this year shows how dumb these rankings are.
    The Reds don’t have a single top 50 MLB prospect. And their two top prospects are pitchers, who are much higher risk than position players.

You might be right that 27 is too low, but their farm system is in the bottom of the league for sure.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

11. Likes:

BillDoran (02-18-2020),REDREAD (02-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The Reds don’t have a single top 50 MLB prospect. And their two top prospects are pitchers, who are much higher risk than position players.

You might be right that 27 is too low, but their farm system is in the bottom of the league for sure.
    I agree that it is bottom of the league. Bottom 3 I do not buy.

I have started looking at the prospect structure a little differently. The key for me is whether they have the prospects necessary to fill the holes opening up or the team's weak areas in the near future. Reds look fine to me with C, SS, and P covered.

14. Likes:

RedlegJake (02-20-2020)

I agree that it is bottom of the league. Bottom 3 I do not buy.
    Opting out of signing good international players for 2 whole years doesn't help this club when it comes to these rankings. Especially when you factor in how the 3 guys they blew their wad on, to receive that penalty, have performed (Garcia, Gutierrez, and AlfRod). Other orgs have 5,6,7,8 fairly good prospects from their Dominican/Venezuelan hauls in their top 30.

16. Likes:

M2 (02-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Opting out of signing good international players for 2 whole years doesn't help this club when it comes to these rankings. Especially when you factor in how the 3 guys they blew their wad on, to receive that penalty, have performed (Garcia, Gutierrez, and AlfRod). Other orgs have 5,6,7,8 fairly good prospects from their Dominican/Venezuelan hauls in their top 30.
    Garcia is like really good tho?

18. Likes:

Griffey012 (02-19-2020)

Garcia is like really good tho?
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    yep
    I guess I’m not following your point. Garcia is really good so why would his performance hurt the reds farm ranking?

I guess I’m not following your point. Garcia is really good so why would his performance hurt the reds farm ranking?
    I didn't say that he does, I was simply including the names of the 3 guys they spent big on to incur those penalties.

- - - Updated - - -

Garcia alone doesn't make up the loss of 2 years in relation to the other 29 team rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I have started looking at the prospect structure a little differently. The key for me is whether they have the prospects necessary to fill the holes opening up or the team's weak areas in the near future. Reds look fine to me with C, SS, and P covered.
    And CF is possibly good with Fairchild. But too much is riding on all those guys making it, there are few "backup plans" if any of them bust. I think the org will be in much better shape next year with some guys advancing - Triano, Medrano, Heatherly, Davis etc. plus a good draft. It's hard to argue that the system isn't really thin, though.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

MLB has the Reds #24. Not very encouraging. https://www.mlb.com/news/2020-farm-system-rankings

24. Likes:

REDREAD (03-23-2020)

Turn Off Ads?