Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Re: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Bauer looks like a man on a mission this year.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Likes:

Always Red (08-03-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Dude is beast on and off the field

Loved Bauer's performance today.

Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt
    MLB pitchers with 20+ K and 4 or fewer hits allowed in first 2 games of season
    1970 - Nolan Ryan (20 K & 3 H)
    2019 - Mike Clevinger (22 K & 2 H)
    2020 - Sonny Gray (20 K & 4 H)
    2020 - Trevor Bauer (20 K & 4 H)

7. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (08-03-2020),Edd Roush (08-02-2020),Griffey012 (08-02-2020),Kingspoint (08-03-2020),klw (08-03-2020),M2 (08-03-2020),ochoa30 (08-02-2020),Revering4Blue (08-08-2020),StRedlegs900 (08-03-2020),Tom Servo (08-02-2020),WildcatFan (08-03-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    Loved Bauer's performance today.
    Kept thinking he was struggling at times with his control only for him to recover immediately and end the innings each time. Sometimes wonder if he's already started a Twitter argument in his head after his first bad pitches. Great performance though.

Quick question... In a 7 inning game if a no-hitter is pitched does it count as a no-hitter? I know he gave up a couple yesterday but just wondered?

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post

Quick question... In a 7 inning game if a no-hitter is pitched does it count as a no-hitter? I know he gave up a couple yesterday but just wondered?
    No. Because there's no such thing really as a seven-inning game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    There have been 5,6,7, and 8 inning games forever. Games get shortened with rain delays all the time
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Kept thinking he was struggling at times with his control only for him to recover immediately and end the innings each time. Sometimes wonder if he's already started a Twitter argument in his head after his first bad pitches. Great performance though.

It doesn't count. They used to count shortened ones but they changes the rule and threw them out:

https://www.nonohitters.com/near-no-hitters/

Turns out Bauer wouldn't have even been the first Red to lose one that way looking at that list:

Jake Weimer
    Cincinnati Reds (NL)
    Friday, August 24, 1906 (Second game of doubleheader)
    Cincinnati Reds 1, Brooklyn Superbas 0 (7 innings)
    Palace of the Fans (Cincinnati)
    (Nightcap planned as 7-inning game.)
    Last edited by Danny Serafini; 08-03-2020 at 09:20 AM.

12. Likes:

EnglishRed (08-03-2020)

Any words from last off-seasons we-should-trade-Bauer crowd?

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-03-2020),M2 (08-03-2020),Norm Chortleton (08-03-2020),Revering4Blue (08-08-2020)

Bauer always struggles with his command as he is a max effort thrower each and every pitch. That is why he runs such high pitch counts. Ranks up there in pitches per game and pitches per inning every year. But dude trains for it and can go deep into games if managers will let his pitch count climb to the 120-130 range.

Best command I think I have ever seen him have was his first start against Detroit this year. Almost every pitch was competitive. Usually you see something more like yesterday during innings 1 through 4. One great pitch, followed by two not even close, followed by another good one and on and on and on. Usually starts firing on all cylinders later in games at about the 80 to 100 pitch mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I was one of those. No one is untouchable. With his poor 2019 and his hefty cost, it was a reasonable avenue to explore. Nobody said give him away.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I'm all the way on board with signing Bauer year-to-year for the foreseeable future. I love having they Guy You Hate Until He's On Your Team.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-03-2020)

I have a gut feeling Bauer is going to re-up with the reds this offseason and wait until after 2021 to really test FA.

Just a feeling.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Then how did we see 2 of them yesterday? Therefore it should count.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I think it needs to be revisited. Could he re-sign after the season? Absolutely. Do you want to take that chance and lose him for nothing?

One other thing to consider: The CBA will be up after next year and negotiations will be taking place all throughout the season and this off season. Bauer has been very outspoken about the negotiations to start up again this year. Do you think he's going to be quiet next year? He could very well alienate fans with his probable remarks on the negotiations all through next year? Especially in Cincinnati where fans aren't particularly fond of players making waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?