Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Bauer holds nothing back and says what we all want to say about the Astros.

https://theathletic.com/1609477/2020...shared-article
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Likes:

cnwizz (02-15-2020),DocRed (02-15-2020),redsrule2500 (02-25-2020),Tom Servo (02-14-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

That makes him an American hero? Heck, I'll just be happy if he has a good season.

(His statements about the Astros mean only so much. Really, it's like 'duh', they screwed up, REALLY screwed up)

<-------- a guy that really wants him to have a good season

5. Likes:

Chip R (02-18-2020)

I have to wonder about the leanings of anyone who would call TB any type of hero.

7. Likes:

cincinnati chili (02-16-2020)

The American hero title is a joke, let’s have a little sense of humor around here. Baseball is the national past time and Bauer just went postal on the Astros and Manfred. And if you think the scandal and the sweeping under the rug aren’t bad for baseball then we disagree.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

9. Likes:

HammerTime (02-15-2020),M2 (02-14-2020)

That interview was really interesting.

It's obvious that Bauer thinks deeply about things.

His explanation as to the effect of the cheating scandal was very good.

It’s a tremendous rant. I don’t share anything politically with Bauer but I do share his views on the Astros.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

12. Likes:

Chip R (02-18-2020),DocRed (02-15-2020),Griffey012 (02-14-2020),OGB (02-15-2020)

Well, he's no Reese McGuire (who has redefined modern heroism), but I subscribe to the notion that the noisiest version of Bauer is probably the best pitching version of Bauer.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

14. Likes:

Chip R (02-18-2020),cincinnati chili (02-16-2020),Griffey012 (02-14-2020),Patrick Bateman (09-27-2020)

While we are here, him going off on baseball teams having announcers who hate the product is also dead on (and a local problem). And him railing in Manfred also is tremendous.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

16. Likes:

Griffey012 (02-14-2020)

Oh, and he’s also dead on with regard to MLB’s ridiculous prohibition on social media posting of highlights etc. he’s right that the NBA is light years ahead on that front.

18. Likes:

DocRed (02-15-2020),Griffey012 (02-14-2020),HammerTime (02-15-2020),Revering4Blue (02-15-2020),Ron Madden (02-15-2020),Todd Gack (02-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    The American hero title is a joke, let’s have a little sense of humor around here. Baseball is the national past time and Bauer just went postal on the Astros and Manfred. And if you think the scandal and the sweeping under the rug aren’t bad for baseball then we disagree.
    I suspect had JV or a number of other Reds did this, there would be a number of Reds fans, including a guy like Dan would like it. I get a sense a number of people dislike or are annoyed by him for reasons outside of baseball talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I suspect had JV or a number of other Reds did this, there would be a number of Reds fans, including a guy like Dan would like it. I get a sense a number of people dislike or are annoyed by him for reasons outside of baseball talk.
    Well, sure.

He has a pretty spotty record on Twitter, in interviews, and as a teammate.

That should be taken into account with his opinions on this.

We are all, after all, the sum of our opinions, thoughts, and actions, are we not?

21. Likes:

OGB (02-15-2020),redsfandan (02-14-2020)

I don’t doubt that. This also wasn’t a proclamation for “I agree with everything Bauer has ever said“, it was in reference to this interview. I am curious if anyone disagrees with anything he said in this article, my guess is no.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 02-14-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Well, sure.

He has a pretty spotty record on Twitter, in interviews, and as a teammate.

That should be taken into account with his opinions on this.

We are all, after all, the sum of our opinions, thoughts, and actions, are we not?
    “Spotty.” Maybe. Depends on who you ask. I honestly didn’t even realize or know why people didn’t like the guy until he was traded here. In fact, I just read an article from almost a year ago today a few minutes ago about him and found out some of the “controversial” things he said. The posters who seemed irritated or liked certain positive or negative posts about him is what made me realize the basis of their irritation.

Mods can we please change the thread title to “Discuss Trevor Bauer’s comments in the featured Athletic article ONLY”

We all know where this ends up.

25. Likes:

redsfandan (02-14-2020)

I honestly didn’t even realize or know why people didn’t like the guy until he was traded here.
    Really?

Were you a Reds' fan in 2012?

His abrasiveness and difficulties with people were a fairly big story when he was dealt from Arizona to Cleveland in the Didi Gregorius deal. It was part of the lede in the trade.

Turn Off Ads?