Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Re: Trevor Bauer: An American Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I'd say Morse Code or bring in Navajo Codetalkers. It's a thing of the past and no one will bother trying to learn it.
    I learned a few words (how to count, the animals, etc) of the Penobscot Indian language when I was a kid, and trust me, it could not be deciphered. It was like you took random letters from scrabble and made words. Of course, that's probably what we sounded like too.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Does Trevor Bauer know that he's costing himself money every time he Tweets out? He's a FA after this year and he's not endearing himself to future suitors for his services. Were I his agent, I'd tell him to cool it with the Tweets until after he retires or gets a guaranteed long term contract.
    You kidding me? If Jerry Seinfeld is representative of most Mets fans, if Bauer plays for them, they might throw him a parade. They will love him. Same with the Dodgers or Yankees or any other team in the AL West.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (02-18-2020),GAC (02-19-2020),M2 (02-18-2020),membengal (02-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You kidding me? If Jerry Seinfeld is representative of most Mets fans, if Bauer plays for them, they might throw him a parade. They will love him. Same with the Dodgers or Yankees or any other team in the AL West.
    This.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

I remember when Paul O'Neill was too intense.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

Chip R (02-18-2020),Roy Tucker (02-18-2020)

I doubt ownership wants their players badmouthing the Commissioner on social media. This isn't about Jerry Seinfeld or any fans. This is about ownership. They're the ones writing the checks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I remember when Paul O'Neill was too intense.
    I don't remember Paul O'Neill complaining about MLB offices

The entire player pool unless they are current Astros are bad-mouthing the commissioner. It is open season. Mike Trout is even doing it.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

10. Likes:

drowg14 (02-18-2020),Kingspoint (02-18-2020)

Justin Turner has had some pretty pointed words for Manfred in addition to Trout. I don’t think there’s a lot to worry about here, Sea Ray.

Even then, say you’re right... he costs himself money with it. Doesn’t that just mean he’ll be cheaper to keep around? I say let ‘em rip, Trevor.

And Manfred only has himself to blame here. He has bungled this every step of the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Justin Turner has had some pretty pointed words for Manfred in addition to Trout. I don’t think there’s a lot to worry about here, Sea Ray.

Even then, say you’re right... he costs himself money with it. Doesn’t that just mean he’ll be cheaper to keep around? I say let ‘em rip, Trevor.

And Manfred only has himself to blame here. He has bungled this every step of the way.
    My comments were not in any way related to fandom. I was speaking strictly about Bauer's financials. As a Reds fan, I don't know if I even want him back on a multiyear deal. He's got to pitch much better than what I saw from him last yr. If he pitches like that he's really catch heat for being outspoken.

Haunted by walks

I just think the pitchers and catchers need a key that changes with each batter. How many numbers do they need for the assortment of pitches? Probably about four for more most pitchers. Then have a system that offsets the sign +1 or -1 depending. For instance, if the batter’s uniform number is odd, go +1, if it’s even, -1. Then switch it up, or not, between innings. It’s relatively simple, but some of these guys are meatheads, and might struggle with it at first.

Trevor Bauer is considered a host on MLB Network Radio. After clicking link https://www.siriusxm.com/mlbnetworkradio click Hosts tab.

Trevor Bauer

After a record-setting collegiate career at UCLA, Bauer was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks as the third overall selection in the 2011 MLB Amateur Draft and made his big league debut with the team in 2012. The following offseason he was traded to Cleveland, where he pitched for the Indians for six-and-a-half seasons, won 67 games and made the American League All-Star team in 2018.

https://m.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satel...me=SXM/Wrapper
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Paul Byrd
    @PaulByrd36
    ·
    1h
    “I’m angry! It’s wrong. I’ve played my whole career clean and the right way. I’m hurt by it. And I’m disappointed with the way things have been handled by #MLB. Those guys still get to play. It’s Bull&$!t!” - Nick Markakis on addressing the #Astros Scandal
    @FOXSportsBraves
    Markakis (a favorite among the ladies in the fan house - my Mrs is half Greek) followed it up by saying that everyone of the guilty Astros deserves a beating.

On one hand, a fired up Markakis? That’s almost as rare as a Big Foot sighting!

On the other hand, you only talk like that if you are willing to get in the cage and try to whip the other guy’s backside.

My guess is that Markakis is no Amir Garrett in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Trevor Bauer is considered a host on MLB Network Radio. After clicking link https://www.siriusxm.com/mlbnetworkradio click Hosts tab.

Trevor Bauer

After a record-setting collegiate career at UCLA, Bauer was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks as the third overall selection in the 2011 MLB Amateur Draft and made his big league debut with the team in 2012. The following offseason he was traded to Cleveland, where he pitched for the Indians for six-and-a-half seasons, won 67 games and made the American League All-Star team in 2018.

https://m.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satel...me=SXM/Wrapper
    He’s really good on there. He’s well-spoken, thought-provoking, and absolutely loves the game of baseball. And, as we’ve seen recently, he doesn’t hold back. I think it’s refreshing.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

17. Likes:

goreds2 (02-18-2020),Kingspoint (02-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    My comments were not in any way related to fandom. I was speaking strictly about Bauer's financials. As a Reds fan, I don't know if I even want him back on a multiyear deal. He's got to pitch much better than what I saw from him last yr. If he pitches like that he's really catch heat for being outspoken.
    Bauer has stated repeatedly he will not sign any multi year deals so that won't be an issue.

I have not seen any reporter ask these players. What About Your Union? Your Union will file grievances if the commissioner tried to suspend these players. Even if they fine them. Hey no one seems to ask this obvious question and these players act as if that’s not an issue.

I blame Manfred for not suspending the Astros International presence for 2 years. Take all their money away for that.

Not sure why these questions are not being asked by any reporters.

20. Likes:

JustaFan (02-25-2020)

Lebron is all over the Manfred too.

Turn Off Ads?